Fargo (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carl Weathers? where?

Bookem is funny as hell in this. The funniest he's been since The Big Hit.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Carl Weathers? where?

The Lawyer. ? didnt know that was dude from We are the Millers

Thats some Clark Kent/Superman ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Carl Weathers? where?

The Lawyer. ? didnt know that was dude from We are the Millers

Thats some Clark Kent/Superman ?

Oh I thought he meant Action Jackson himself not Nick Offerman's character lmao.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yea nick Offerman crushed his role. The standoff with the Gerhardts and his exchanges with Sonny were hilarious. I like how peggy finally told the sheriff her motives. as to why she kept all of the magazines in the basement and was so adamant about going to the seminar in Sioux Falls (which is also where lou said the infamous massacre will take place)
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Yea nick Offerman crushed his role. The standoff with the Gerhardts and his exchanges with Sonny were hilarious. I like how peggy finally told the sheriff her motives. as to why she kept all of the magazines in the basement and was so adamant about going to the seminar in Sioux Falls (which is also where lou said the infamous massacre will take place)

What massacre?who's lou? I hope you didn't spoil some sh**..this threads has been doing well without spoilers

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Episode 6 was cool, the lawyer did a great job lol he was ? af
  • Ounceman
    edited November 2015
    Options

What massacre?who's lou? I hope you didn't spoil some sh**..this threads has been doing well without spoilers

lol not at all. that info was readily available to the viewer if they saw season 1. but since your asking me those questions, im assuming u didnt so im going to put everything ill say next in a spoiler for you and anyone else who is watching that didnt see the 1st season.

basically the sioux falls massacre was first referenced back during the episode of "a fox a rabbit and a cabbage" in season 1. creator noah hawley says this was deliberate too. but since season 1 took place in the present times as season 2 is meant to be a prequel of that, it was featuring an older lou solverson. you also asked me who lou was. well lou is the detective that came home from vietnam. he was also the one who went to fargo to get more details about the judge's murder. his wife is betsy and his daughter is molly. molly also played a key role in the 1st season. but i digress. going to back the sioux falls massacre, it was mentioned during the scene of when a menacing character by the name of malvo sat down with lou at his diner and they started exchanging stories. thats when lou brought up the sioux falls massacre. it occured in 1979, which is the same year this season takes place, and he described it as "horrifying" with bodies that couldve stacked to the 2nd floor of a building. peggy's seminar is also at that location. so one can deduce that nothing good will come from any of that

• clairvoyance
    Options

lol not at all. that info was readily available to the viewer if they saw season 1. but since your asking me those questions, im assuming u didnt so im going to put everything ill say next in a spoiler for you and anyone else who is watching that didnt see the 1st season.

basically the sioux falls massacre was first referenced back during the episode of "a fox a rabbit and a cabbage" in season 1. creator noah hawley says this was deliberate too. but since season 1 took place in the present times as season 2 is meant to be a prequel of that, it was featuring an older lou solverson. you also asked me who lou was. well lou is the detective that came home from vietnam. he was also the one who went to fargo to get more details about the judge's murder. his wife is betsy and his daughter is molly. molly also played a key role in the 1st season. but i digress. going to back the sioux falls massacre, it was mentioned during the scene of when a menacing character by the name of malvo sat down with lou at his diner and they started exchanging stories. thats when lou brought up the sioux falls massacre. it occured in 1979, which is the same year this season takes place, and he described it as "horrifying" with bodies that couldve stacked to the 2nd floor of a building. peggy's seminar is also at that location. so one can deduce that nothing good will come from any of that

Appreciate the elaboration, I saw season 1 but I forgot some of the names and refrences...I'm gonna go back and watch that episode from season 1 just to hear that refrence....I wonder what kind of role these aliens are gonna play in this season..I liked how they ended ep 2 with that rod serling twilight zone narration...

I think the mom of the gearhart family is my favorite character..hope she still alive and has something in stored for dodd and his partner..that would be a nice twist.

• clairvoyance
    Options
    That's crazy this whole time lou and his family are the same character's from season 1...im late...nice drop ounce..I know it was common knowledge but I was clueless..
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Episode 6 was cool, the lawyer did a great job lol he was ? af
  • Ounceman
    Options
    That's crazy this whole time lou and his family are the same character's from season 1...im late...nice drop ounce..I know it was common knowledge but I was clueless..

anytime fam. but yea just go back and rewatch the first season. itll definitely make more sense and the dots will start to connect the 2nd time.
  • Ounceman
    Options
    Looks like we'll be getting a 3rd season ladies and gents
    A little more than halfway through the second run of FX’s limited series Fargo, the cable net has ordered a third season. Season 1 of the drama from creator Noah Hawley based on the Coen brothers’ 1996 movie won three Emmy Awards including Outstanding Miniseries, and the current sophomore season has been widely praised by critics. No cast or premiere date for Season 3 was announced, but executive producers Hawley, Warren Littlefield, Joel & Ethan Coen, and John Cameron will return.

FX logo“Year 2 of Fargo is an extraordinary achievement and, given Noah Hawley’s masterful storytelling, we can’t wait to see where the third, all-new version of Fargo takes us,” said Eric Schrier, who made the announcement today with Nick Grad, his fellow President of Original Programming for FX Networks and FX Productions. Fargo is produced by MGM Television and FX Productions, with MGM Television serving as the lead studio

Season 2 is set in 1979 and stars Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons, Patrick Wilson, Ted Danson, Jean Smart, Nick Offerman, Brad Garrett and Kieran Culkin. Bruce Campbell plays stumping White House hopeful Ronald Reagan. The first installment’s cast included Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks and Allison Tolman — all of them scoring Emmy noms for their roles.

http://deadline.com/2015/11/fargo-season-three-ordered-fx-1201635756/
  • Ounceman
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I mean got damn. this show is close to crossing into the pantheon of the greatest tv series. ok maybe I'm overreacting. but it has now been 3 episodes that I would rate a 10 or close to it. ive slept on noah Hawley. but once this is over, I'm definitely going to check out some other programs he's involved in

Floyd definitely made a chess move. she acquired the police force as an ally in exchange for being an informant on the inner workings of the Kansas city mob. I wonder if her husband would've done the same thing. seeing how the family is backed into a corner

A lot of coen brother homages this episode. such as simone listening to the song "just dropped in" which was in the big Lebowski. also her gripping scene with bear when they were deep in the woods draws a parallel to millers crossing.

speaking of bear, he tried to make it seem like he's nothing like dodd. but he has more in common with him than he thinks. like trying to hide dodd's whereabouts to the rest of the family

I'm interested in knowing what exactly were those drawings in hank's house. looks like hieroglyphics. or maybe its alien crop circles. which would tie in the alien angle this series. that would be dope

definitely didn't see ed and mike pairing up. talk about an unlikely alliance. wanna see what kind of deal he makes him now that he has dodd.

only 3 episodes left. and we still didn't get to Sioux falls
  • marc123
    Options
    tonites ep was goat. I was glued to my pc. great tv, fun watch... cant wait for next week!
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Esp. was Goat.

Best Show On TV.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season 2 is a lot better then 1. I liked the first season but this is classic material
  • marc123
    Options
    Season 2 is a lot better then 1. I liked the first season but this is classic material

• marc123
    edited November 2015
    Options
    btw who tf knew Bokeem woodbine had these kinda acting skills. Dude kills every scene...

fargo_bokeemwoodbine_207_0128_cl_f.jpg?itok=Mq0X4B1H&mtime=1445235676
  • marc123
    Options
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    should have way more than 3 pages.
  • Ounceman
    edited November 2015
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    btw who tf knew Bokeem woodbine had these kinda acting skills. Dude kills every scene...

fargo_bokeemwoodbine_207_0128_cl_f.jpg?itok=Mq0X4B1H&mtime=1445235676

People are already calling for him to be nominated and declaring him the winner for an Emmy
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Milligan is great... and ya'll gonna hate me for this... but Malvo >>>> Milligan
  • marc123
    Options
    ^Meh. To each his own. But atleast let this end first. Both are goat characters tho
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Milligan is great... and ya'll gonna hate me for this... but Malvo >>>> Milligan

Yeah its not even close dont get me wrong Milligan is gangsta..

but Malvo is the goat simply from the time he met Lou.. and checked him from the driver side door.. Lou re-evaluated his life at the moment.

but this ? right here

fargobannergif.gif?w=650

at first im like damn this ? just gonna go lay in the coffin huh.. then he did this ? .. i should have known better
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2015
    Options
    mike-fargo.jpg?quality=80&w=650
    CHAPPELLE_02_0207_DICE_640x360.jpg?

2667.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&s=c1d0759c53f14370e4303fcaab853473
    440904_1.jpg

They did this.. cant tell me nothin