President Uhuru Kenyatta VS. President Obama - ? Rights Edition

Options
mrrealone
mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
Obama clashes with Kenyan president over ? rights

AP_barack_obama_uhuru_kenyatta_2_jt_150725_16x9_992.jpg

Barack Obama says “bad things happen” when countries don’t accept their citizens’ right to be homosexual

Barack Obama, the US president, has directly challenged his host Uhuru Kenyatta, the Kenyan president, on the issue of ? rights, suggesting that “bad things happen” when countries don’t accept their citizens’ right to be homosexual.

Mr Obama said that as an African-American, he was “painfully aware” of what it was like to be treated as a lesser citizen in law in his own country and that such discriminatory policies ended up on the wrong side of history.

"When you start treating people differently, not because of any harm they’re doing anybody but because they’re doing different, that’s the path whereby freedoms begin to erode, and bad things happen,” Mr Obama told reporters at State House in Nairobi.

“And when government gets in the habit of treating people differently, those habits start to spread. I am unequivocal on this. The idea they are going to be treated differently or abused because of who they love is wrong, full stop.”

But Mr Kenyatta, who was warned by senior members of his party not to comment on the issue in the run-up to Mr Obama’s historic visit, insisted ? rights in conservative Kenya was a “non-issue”.

“We share so many values, our common love for democracy, entrepreneurship, value for families. But there are some things we must admit we don't share, our culture, our societies don't accept,” he told a frowning Mr Obama.

“It’s very difficult to impose that on people that which they themselves do not accept. For Kenyans today the issue of ? rights is really a non-issue. We want to focus on other areas that are day-to-day living for people.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCwSXgnr6Wg

Clever. Get a "black face" in office to promote that stuff to Africans.......

Comments

• bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "that stuff?"
    you do realize there are millions of ? Africans in Africa right...
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This muthafucka. Instead of wanting to partner with the Kenyan government on how to combat terrorism, (which is a bigger problem thyere than it is here considering that they have terrorists openly operating within their border, dude is now pushing the ? agenda worldwide. How another country wants to deal with it's ? is an internal issue that the U.S. needs to stay out of.

It's clear to me that despite being an African American of Kenyan heritage and along with identifying himself as a black man that black people are not a part of the Pres. Obama's constituency. He'll do this pandering ? .

150626213815-rainbow-white-house-large-169.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

But then it comes to law enforcement disrespecting, brutalizing, and murdering the very same people that he himself identifies with, not only will he not do anything about it, but he's strangely mute on the subject.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama excellence.

Ending anti-? violence and all legal and social discrimination against homosexuals isn't promoting homosexuality. In fact, you can be for ? rights and not 'agree' with homosexuality.
    For Kenyans today the issue of ? rights is really a non-issue.

It's not a non-issue for the Kenyans who are ? or care about them. Those Kenyans are just as African as the ones who aren't or don't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Kenya

Here's the wikipedia article on what ? in Kenya have to deal with.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Obama. There's so much going on in Africa, n this ? go over there to discuss ? rights.
    I bet that hoe ? ain't ? Michelle in years. The last time they ? , she found blood on their sheet, and she wasn't on her period. The ? had "loose bowels"
    This who u ? champion, he go over seas to discuss ? rights...
    he can't go to the u.n and discuss police brutality ?
  • D0wn
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    "that stuff?"

Out of billions of African....
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama is correct. Africa is an African problem, that's part of being an independent nation. Its not anyone else's job to help you persecute people.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully one day mankind can conclusively discover what causes homosexuality and eradicate it.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    Obama excellence.

Ending anti-? violence and all legal and social discrimination against homosexuals isn't promoting homosexuality. In fact, you can be for ? rights and not 'agree' with homosexuality.
    For Kenyans today the issue of ? rights is really a non-issue.

It's not a non-issue for the Kenyans who are ? or care about them. Those Kenyans are just as African as the ones who aren't or don't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Kenya

Here's the wikipedia article on what ? in Kenya have to deal with.

There are more important things to worry about.
  • mrrealone
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    "that stuff?"

That activity didn't originate from us nor is a part of our history, that's taught from them nasty Europeans. Cr@ck3s......

I like how you skipped over the threat Obozo gave them about "bad things happening" too for not submitting (which I know you gonna try and deny as a threat, but it sounds like one to me).....

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Too much Fox News bs trickling down,that many of us continue to fall for.
    NEVER reporting the full story or all the facts

Obama didn't go over there solely to speak about how badly Kenya treats it's ? .

Obama Brings $1B in Investments to Kenya
    President Obama kicked off a busy weekend at Kenya on Saturday, his first visit to his father’s homeland since becoming president. After arriving Friday evening and having dinner with extended family, Obama dove into a schedule that included addressing economic development, counter-terrorism and human rights, beginning with Nairobi's Global Entrepreneurship Summit.

He brought $1 billion in new investments to the country, half of which he said would go to young and female entrepreneurs. “This is personal for me,” Obama said. “There’s a reason why my name’s Barack Hussein Obama. My father comes from these parts.”
    http://www.254lately.com/news/obama-brings-1b-gift-for-kenyan-entrepreneurs

Can't say I agree 100% with Obama's personal stance,but if you bringing a billion dollars to a country....TO HELP THEM....you have a right voice your opinion
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with the non-? in this thread.
  • 7figz
    edited July 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    ? Obama. There's so much going on in Africa, n this ? go over there to discuss ? rights.
    I bet that hoe ? ain't ? Michelle in years. The last time they ? , she found blood on their sheet, and she wasn't on her period. The ? had "loose bowels"
    This who u ? champion, he go over seas to discuss ? rights...
    he can't go to the u.n and discuss police brutality ?

applause-approval-approves-clap-clapping-good-job-Shia-LaBeouf-GIF.gif

Word, ? all that ? ? MFs talmbout. That comes dead last to the ? Black people are (and been) going through. MFs worrying about ? ? while our situation is getting exponentially worse. Priorities bruh.
  • mrrealone
    Options
    Of course.......

His stay would only last 20 mins (if that) if they were solely discussing ? rights. There's gonna be what they put on the media and what they also have behind closed doors nor for the public. Thing is he was warned/politely asked (however you wanna call it) to not bring up that stuff weeks before he actually got there. Of course he still went through w/ it.

'We will tell him to shut up and go home': Kenyan leaders warn Obama not to promote ? rights when he makes his first presidential visit to the country this month

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3153507/We-tell-shut-home-Kenyan-leaders-warn-Obama-not-promote-? -rights-makes-presidential-visit-country-month.html#ixzz3h1fci9GT
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3153507/We-tell-shut-home-Kenyan-leaders-warn-Obama-not-promote-? -rights-makes-presidential-visit-country-month.html

Published: 13:50 GMT, 8 July 2015

He went forth w/ planting the seeds tho.....
  • a.mann
    Options
    This muthafucka. Instead of wanting to partner with the Kenyan government on how to combat terrorism, (which is a bigger problem thyere than it is here considering that they have terrorists openly operating within their border, dude is now pushing the ? agenda worldwide. How another country wants to deal with it's ? is an internal issue that the U.S. needs to stay out of.

It's clear to me that despite being an African American of Kenyan heritage and along with identifying himself as a black man that black people are not a part of the Pres. Obama's constituency. He'll do this pandering ? .

But then it comes to law enforcement disrespecting, brutalizing, and murdering the very same people that he himself identifies with, not only will he not do anything about it, but he's strangely mute on the subject.

That's not true

Obama Calls Police Violence a “Crisis,” Condemns Mass Neglect of Poor

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/04/28/obama_baltimore_press_conference_president_s_comments_on_police_and_poor.html
  • 7figz
    Options
    What Obama has said about police brutality is a drop in the ? ' bucket compared to ? like this:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-26-at-9.00.03-PM.jpg

He basically hasn't done ? .
  • a.mann
    Options
    What I'll never understand is if Obama is soooooo bad
    why do people constantly have to lie,twist, and misrepresent things he has said and done???

It's a lie to say he only went to Kenya to speak on ? rights.

It's lie to say he NEVER has spoken on police brutality here in the US.

It's a lie to say he NEVER addressed terrorism in not just Kenya but the rest of Eastern Africa

so on and so fore.

Just one easily disproved lie after another.

• mrrealone
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Screen-Shot-2015-06-26-at-9.00.03-PM.jpg

The White-Sex House......
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    why do people constantly have to lie,twist, and misrepresent things he has said and done???

It's a lie to say he NEVER addressed terrorism in not just Kenya but the rest of Eastern Africa

so on and so fore.

ppl just see what they want to
    of course obama coulda said more about police brutality or whatever but dude is no superhero he's a politician
    not more not less

• 7figz
    Options
    So it's acceptable to y'all that he talks / does more for ? rights than police brutality ?

At the rate cops are killing Black people ?

FOH
  • D0wn
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

so on and so fore.

The ppl of Kenya say, they dont want to hear that ? ? , then they don't wanna hear that ? ? .
    Obama had the audacity to state this

When you start treating people differently, not because of any harm they’re doing anybody but because they’re doing different, that’s the path whereby freedoms begin to erode, and bad things happen...

“And when government gets in the habit of treating people differently, those habits start to spread. I am unequivocal on this. The idea they are going to be treated differently or abused ....”

Really ? ?
    U the first African American president, and is the symbol of progress for AA , yet every week, the world is seeing news stories that sound like it's from the 50's. While u sitting all shy n mute, with ya loose bowels.

But u wanna fly over seas and tell other ? what it do? Gtfoh cheif.
    Clean house first
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I support Mr. Obama on this.
  • a.mann
    Options
    So it's acceptable to y'all that he talks / does more for ? rights than police brutality ?

FOH

FOH

Again that is a lie

Obama actually never did anything for the ? people other than say they shouldn't be prosecuted and should be given the same rights as straight couples.

What he did to combat police brutality ....on the Federal level(as President that is all he directly can address) was the that cops wear body cams and more importantly curve the militarization of police across the board by working with state & local departments . (Surprisingly not..... his haters and naysayers were not content with even this)

Obama: U.S. Cracking Down on 'Militarization' of Local Police

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-cracking-down-militarization-local-police-n360381

Obama will restrict grenade launchers, military equipment from local police

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/18/politics/bayonets-police-white-house/

Obama Requests $263 Million for Police Body Cameras,and Training
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/obama-requests-263-million-police-body-cameras-training-n259161
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I support Mr. Obama on this.

That's all i needed to know
  • a.mann
    edited July 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    The ppl of Kenya say, they dont want to hear that ? ? , then they don't wanna hear that ? ? .
    Obama had the audacity to state this

When you start treating people differently, not because of any harm they’re doing anybody but because they’re doing different, that’s the path whereby freedoms begin to erode, and bad things happen...

“And when government gets in the habit of treating people differently, those habits start to spread. I am unequivocal on this. The idea they are going to be treated differently or abused ....”

Really ? ?
    U the first African American president, and is the symbol of progress for AA , yet every week, the world is seeing news stories that sound like it's from the 50's. While u sitting all shy n mute, with ya loose bowels.

But u wanna fly over seas and tell other ? what it do? Gtfoh cheif.
    Clean house first

Again that very disingenuous to say Obama only went there to speak on how Kenya treats it ? .
    Actually it's a lie.

For some odd reason THAT part of his trip resonate and keeping the attention of certain people more than the other very important and significant reasons of his trip.

Very strange "conscious" people choose to only focus on that and completely ignore all this

Obama commits U.S. to intensified fight against terrorists in East Africa
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/us-to-expand-support-in-kenya-somalia-for-counterterrorism-operations/2015/07/25/b6f386f0-3210-11e5-97ae-30a30cca95d7_story.html
    NAIROBI — President Obama on Saturday committed the United States to an intensified fight against terrorists in East Africa, announcing here that his administration would expand support for counterterrorism operations in Kenya and Somalia, including increased training and funding for Kenya’s security forces.

“We have to keep that pressure going even as we’re strengthening the Somali government,” he said at a joint news conference with Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta.

Obama Brings $1 Billion dollars for Kenyan Entrepreneurs....Focus on women and youth
    Expending visa and teaching programs etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m56qrJOXau4

• 7figz
    Options
    Word cuz those body cams and lack of grenade launchers are really changing the game.

I voted for the MF the first time too but I'd be a fool to be satisfied with the weak ? way he's addressing the brutality situation.