#SayHerName protest exposes tension among Philly activists

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good point on her behalf, wrong time to make it

I don't wanna call her an ABW but I find it very hard not after the ? she was spitting
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One minute we don't do enough, now we're doing too much?

How you gonna direct and disrespect with that ? to the fellas that were there? Cut a ? ? off when he tries to stand and show support with you? Taking ? way into left field like an attention ? instead supporting the efforts made for justice for Sandra.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree. Its hard for men to just be a part of something without taking it over though. One thing is that due primarily to male privilege men can bring more attention to issues that affect everyone.

I can respect her argument but i also expect that if a man stood silent and just let a woman talk then he would be charged with being uninterested in her struggle.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black feminism. Smh....
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Another reason why the feminist movement shouldn't be taken seriously.

Damned if you do.....damned if you don't.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trash all around. The original organizer of that even should have just told the chick to shut the ? up and fall back, SHE was the one trying to coopt a movement. This is why black people aren't gonna make any progress.

Feminism has been more destructive to the black family than ? was
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I agree. Its hard for men to just be a part of something without taking it over though. One thing is that due primarily to male privilege men can bring more attention to issues that affect everyone.

I can respect her argument but i also expect that if a man stood silent and just let a woman talk then he would be charged with being uninterested in her struggle.

Don't do this
  • deadeye
    Options
  • jono
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

Don't do this

Its done
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most people cannot accept their station in life. We all have a part\role to play.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Don't do this

Its done

Ok, what male privilege are referring to when speaking on black men?
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad that she was allowed to attack the men who were in attendance. The bullhorn should have been taken out of her hands by whomever was in charge. A loud mouth doesn't equal righteousness.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The ? this ? was just talking about might as well have been written in a martian language cause I don't know WTF she was babbling about.

This ? just said "men having to protect women as inherently oppressive."

@Westie is she saying that if a white man punches her in the face and a black man is standing there he should do nothing because a black man protecting a black woman is inherently oppressive?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold, I can't possibly be understanding this right. There was a protest organized by Black men to show support for Black women and the Black women were mad because Black men were speaking at an event they organized.
    a couple, not all

And her issue seems to stem from one (or more) of the speakers being hypocrites in regards to how they treat black women

She used a public event for Sandra Bland to voice her personal opinions on some of the speakers and how even tho 3 ? chicks started #BLM, she feels that the movement is becoming to male dominated

Good ole divide and conquer method
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Hold, I can't possibly be understanding this right. There was a protest organized by Black men to show support for Black women and the Black women were mad because Black men were speaking at an event they organized.
    a couple, not all

And her issue seems to stem from one (or more) of the speakers being hypocrites in regards to how they treat black women

She used a public event for Sandra Bland to voice her personal opinions on some of the speakers and how even tho 3 ? chicks started #BLM, she feels that the movement is becoming to male dominated

Good ole divide and conquer method

I don't know. It seems deeper than that. It seems like she's saying Black women are leading these movements so Black men should ? back and stay quiet. And the article implies many in the crowd agreed.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't do this

Its done

I think I'm missing out on these life benefits. The chick in the article seems to suggest that my charisma and wanting to protect maybe some of them.

How dare I be so easy to get along with, shame on me. And I'll make sure to step aside and not catch her if she happens to fall. I don't want these ? hands being a hindrance to her busting her head on the pavement.
  • deadeye
    edited July 2015
    Options

42955-sean-penn-laughing-gif-wcjz.gif
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no household where the Black Woman is slave to her Black Husband.

If so where?
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, does she not want the men there or not to speak? Want to do it all by themselves so that they can show they're 'equal'? Need to be getting with the feminist of other colors.....you know what, it's all a power struggle. Everyone wants to be the man or the woman. ? it, there will NEVER be any unity.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading that all I can think of when it comes to having a mate damn my grandfather era WON in a landslide!!!!
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sums up what black men have to deal with in regard to black women and daily interaction.

One minute we don't enough then the next, we do too much.

Her self-righteous quasi feminist ass did nothing but make a bunch of noise and raise a bunch of ill-timed and irrelevant questions.

Imo she was there to push her own self serving agenda and could careless about the protest itself but more about getting her voice heard and her name in a few blogs.

Judging by this thread I'd say "mission accomplished"
  • jono
    Options

Don't do this

Its done

-Who got the right to vote first?
    -Who got the right to own property first?
    -How many legitimate black female civil rights leaders are there?
    -What major issues that have been led primarily by black women and has gotten any traction?

Rekia Boyd was murdered by a CPD officer one month after Trayvon Martin was killed by a vigilante, which story got more press?

Need i really continue? This is like white women say they have no white privilege.