NBAs best young core

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    They can easily be dethroned from the division, like I said I think it will be a tight race but I like our squad better
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall slick sleepin on the impact of instant offense off the bench, thats what lou will provides
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Minnesota T Wolves
    Carroll being there helps for the simple fact Ross can come off the bench.

Was Lou will stopping anybody on defense?

Carroll and Joseph ain't better defensively? Lol @ you trying to big up Vasquez calling him a vet. Do you consider ed Davis, Avery Bradley, lance Stephenson vets? Because they all from the same draft class. Vasquez is a decent backup PG who been on 4 teams since 2010. But lets not undervalue Joseph who played with the spurs and learned from Parker in his short career.

Amir Johnson one of the more efficient screen setters? Lol when that's one of your talents when ppl talking bout you, you ain't that great..

Amir johnson averaged 9 points and 6 rebounds in 26 mins compared to scola's 9 points and 6 rebounds in 20 mins. So where's the huge drop off? Those strong screens? Lol

And you think Celtics can beat them for the division? Maybe but don't act like they had a off season where they lost because of Lou Williams' replaceable 14 ppg and Amir Johnson setting some screens REALLY well.

I mean you are the same guy who said the wizards wouldn't make the playoffs 2 years ago when they got to the 2nd round while your team went 25-57

tumblr_lggjfj0SoG1qergjyo1_400_zpsuzvo6xrb.gif
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    If that isn't the most casual post, so fg% only matters when we're talking about Lou Will yet Luis Scola's consistently declining 46% to Amir Johnson's 58% doesn't mean anything? Ranking 9th in point per possession as a pick and roll screener doesn't mean anything? His predictive +3.90 rpm doesn't mean anything? Rebound numbers are the same but he's also a superior defender to Scola but defense only matters when talking about Lou Will right? Bottomline is they should of kept Amir and Lou while bringing in these other players, now quit hyping up these average as ? acquisitions, Toronto still isn't scaring anybody and yea Grievis is in his prime, has a lot more experience and I think is a better fill in if Lowry were to get hurt than Joseph, I wish I could slap you for that "he learned from Tony Parker" line, miss me with that garbage he wasn't overly impressive with Tony Parker hurt most of last year, he didn't earn a starting spot anywhere and Spurs obviously didn't think highly enough of him to keep him

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10844963/amir-johnson-hidden-gem-toronto-raptors

^^good article
  • Beta
    Options
    Minnesota T Wolves
    I think you wrong but ehhh
  • Beta
    Options
    Minnesota T Wolves
    Forgot...raptors have biyombo too...
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston Celtics
    Beta wrote: »

So that makes em favorites? Lol FOH we got the Atlantic this year
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

That's not saying much considering it's the worst division in the NBA
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    i hate that the bucks have a really good team
  • Beta
    Options
    Minnesota T Wolves

I never said anything bout favorites...And ooooh you playing in a division that has the Knicks nets and Sixers in it....FOH lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Marcus Smart and David Lee? The eastern conference better watch out!
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    And when you add Isaiah Thomas, Kelly Olynyk, and Sullinger as a Nets fan I am so shook right now.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    ? is this dude rambling about? Do I really have to go through the Nets struggletastic roster right now?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Thanks for the first pick in advance
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Brook Lopez is better than anybody on the Celtics roster, am I wrong?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Ehh...the one good game he had against us we smashed Yall by 19, and even that game he only grabbed 4 rebounds, there's about 10 players I'd rather have on the Celtic's than Brook's fragile ass, but hey be proud of that big stiff that's all you have to look forward to, then who Wayne Ellington? Andreas Bargnani? Earl Clark?

LOL, thanks for the pick
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Ehh...the one good game he had against us we smashed Yall by 19, and even that game he only grabbed 4 rebounds, there's about 10 players I'd rather have on the Celtic's than Brook's fragile ass, but hey be proud of that big stiff that's all you have to look forward to, then who Wayne Ellington? Andreas Bargnani? Earl Clark?

LOL, thanks for the pick
    Brook Lopez is better than any Celtic though. And your logic is stupid. Talking about Brook is fragile but considering how you talk up some of them meh ass Celtics players I could only imagine what you'd be saying if y'all got Brook.
    I can play this game too. Perry Jones, Jerebko, Amir Johnson got me so shook bruh.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    5th Letter wrote: »

LOL, thanks for the pick
    Brook Lopez is better than any Celtic though. And your logic is stupid. Talking about Brook is fragile but considering how you talk up some of them meh ass Celtics players I could only imagine what you'd be saying if y'all got Brook.
    I can play this game too. Perry Jones, Jerebko, Amir Johnson got me so shook bruh.

When it comes to music I respect your opinion, when it comes to ball I want to punch you in your mouth my dude
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    5th Letter wrote: »

LOL, thanks for the pick

When it comes to music I respect your opinion, when it comes to ball I want to punch you in your mouth my dude

? the Patriots and Celtics.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Boston Celtics
    The audacity of a nets fan talkin down on us lol. We're so much better then yall for the present and future. You trynna focus on star players but team wise we were one of the most efficient offenses in the league. Plus Isaiah Thomas is better then almost anyone on that unadulterated filth in Brooklyn. Team wit no point guard,no assets, no bench and no wing play outside of a declining joe Johnson talkin down cuz we fleeced your GM.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Minnesota T Wolves
    Celts got Nets pick next year? Ouch.

Worst 2 rosters in the league imo.

Celts fans stop being biased, that roster is TRASH.

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Cleveland Cavaliers

K. Irving - best point guard in the league

yeah? do tell

1/29/15 Kyrie Irving finished with 55 Pts -- only LeBron (56) has had more in team history Irving, who scored 38 on Tuesday (the day before) in a win at Detroit, made a team-record 11 3-pointers and finished 10-of-10 from the free throw line. He scored 24 of Cleveland's final 28 points and 16 of the Cavs' 20 in the fourth quarter.

3/13/15 Kyrie's 57 against the Spurs topped his own NBA-best 55-point game against Portland on Jan. 28. His 57 were the most scored in a game against a defending champion since Wilt Chamberlain scored 62 against the Celtics during the 1961-62 season. He matched the most in a game by a player who was perfect from 3-point range. Irving was 7-of-7. He's one of three players with multiple 50-point games before turning 23, joining Rick Barry and James. He became the first player with multiple 55-point games in a season since Kobe Bryant had three for the 2006-07 Lakers.

Name me one PG in league history who's done what he's done at that age and I'll gladly concede my argument.

You know Chris Paul has many accolades too... and look where that's got him
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Boston Celtics
    S2J wrote: »
    Celts got Nets pick next year? Ouch.

Worst 2 rosters in the league imo.

Celts fans stop being biased, that roster is TRASH.
    Lol FOH based off the info i put in here earlier thats obviously false, its at least 10 rosters thats worse, a lot of yall gonna be lookin foolish when we make the playoffs again
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Utah Jazz
    Utah's core will be super close (barring injuries) to making the playoffs in the WEST this up coming season. Hayward, Alec Burks and Favors are already legit good players and you add Rudy Gobert maybe getting better to the mix and you have a really scary young team for years to come.

Especially if you look at the fact that Hayward, Burks and Favors are already locked in after their rookie deals and they have Gobert for 2 more years on his rookie deal and Lyles to 4 years on his. They have 2 legit big guys and a 2 legit wings who are all young and locked up.

The scary part was I didn't even mention Exum at all above
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Utah Jazz
    S2J wrote: »
    Yall dudes are buggin
    imo.... wolves > jazz > magic > bucks/lakers > 76ers (backcourt in question) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> celtics

sorry ax

This is an abysmal flagrant level of disrespect dawg. Not only are we gonna be better then that putrid product yall display in dry ass Barclays, we're gonna be in the 45 win range

I think we can win the division, Toronto lost a lot more than they gained with Carroll, I actually think Knicks will be in the mix but we're deeper, hungrier and a better coached team, it will be a tight race but if I had to money on it I would go with us no bias

Who did raptors lose that was substantial

Lou Williams, Grievis and Amir Johnson...Google is your friend

Yeah but added Joseph, scola, Carroll, and Wright so what did they really lose?

Foh what the ? are you defending right now? That's a terrible offseason they lost way more talent than they gained, unless Valaciunnas starts playing like he's worth a damn that team ain't ?

You catching feelings but all Lou Williams brought was offense off the bench with a shaky percentage...

Joseph and wright>>>>Vasquez

And Amir Johnson really ain't ? Patterson and scola>>>>

And Carroll can replace lou's 14 ppg

And I didn't even get into the defensive aspect

Stopped reading after this

Thats not how that reply works llls He gave you truth ?

No, he gave me an opinion...which I completely disagree with, its hard to believe losing the 6th man of the year, losing one of the more efficient screen setters, one of the more efficient pick and roll players and the interior toughness that Amir Johnson brings and replacing him with a 35 year old power forward who has been consistently declining, and losing a veteran point guard and telling me they are better because of the 20th pick in the draft and Corey Joseph, I like the Carroll signing but you cant lose all that and expect to be better, they didn't take a leap forward and they didn't take a huge leap backwards either, they will be in the 45-50 win range most likely and a first round exit again unless Valacuinnas and Ross stop looking like huge disappointments out there and play up to their potential

I agree almost 100% with this post...................almost

I think Jonas is a really good offensive center that doesn't get many touches on offense due to the coach and how he enables the starting back court to gun. Defensively Jonas is solid but not as good against the pick&roll because he gained weight to play in the post. He still isn't awful but he isn't great. I honestly think if Jonas goes to another team he would thrive.

I agree with them missing Lou Williams, Vasquez and mostly Amir Johnson. I think Cory Joseph is a solid back-up point guard but what made Gervis special is he can play with another point guard or a smaller 2 guard due to his height. The Raptors are gonna miss the scoring punch off the bench and the versatility of the back court.

Amir will be missed the most because he was the teams most versatile front court defender and like my guy stated above a great ? work player who could shoot a little bit. The biggest problem with last years Raptor team was Dwayne Casey and they still have him as coach so I think they didn't get much better.