Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm bout to look into this because i own a pt-145 millennium
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow.

I guess this gives credence to the old ? expression "the gun just went off".

I'm glad I got Rugers and Smiths LEGALLY.

When I was a teenager Taurus and Hi Points floated around the hood like 8ths of weed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
  • CP203
    Options
    Wow.

When I was a teenager Taurus and Hi Points floated around the hood like 8ths of weed.
    Man I never trusted a ? with a HI Point... it's obvious they didn't give a ? about their own life so I knew they didn't care about mine

ayyyy got damn it my 40 is a hi point
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wow.

Man I never trusted a ? with a HI Point... it's obvious they didn't give a ? about their own life so I knew they didn't care about mine

My face hurts from laughing at this

Dead ass bruh. Those guns ? suck. I'd rather not have one then have one of those.
    Wow.

Hi points are garbage.

Their company mantra should be "It Might Work".

We used to call them Toast and Jam. It's a good chance it's gon jam, and it's a good chance you gon be toast.

Seen a ? pull the trigger 4 times, 4 TIMEs my dude and nothing happened. Told that ? throw that ? in the trash and he better off having a slingshot out this ? . He sold it to some lame. I told him he just killed that man.
    CP203 wrote: »
    Wow.

ayyyy got damn it my 40 is a hi point

If that pic is a rhino you killed I hope you got it on you when you absolutely need it and it blows your thumbs off and everytime you clap you look like you killing bugs.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

my boy has a hipoint.

we had a convo about guns the other day and he was like "yeah, i got a hipoint and for some reason, everybody keeps telling me its a ? but a guns a gun"

i was like "nah".
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    number of Tauruses i own: 0
    just saying
    Dead ass bruh. Those guns ? suck. I'd rather not have one then have one of those.
    the most depressing thing in the world is Hi-Point owners defending their awesome Hi-Points
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since I only own one hand gun.

Magnum Research. Pilager stand up!
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you get what you pay for.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    you get what you pay for.
    indeed:
    Moving on, we have Fail 2 – also more Hi Point fail but now with danger!
    That is a Hi Point that was chambered for .40 S&W. As you can see, it has suffered a catastrophic slide failure of the zinc alloy slide right along the ejection port, which is the weakest part of the gun. I have seen Walther P22s (which have slides made of the same alloy) suffer this exact same failure, albeit not as completely after a diet of CCI Stingers, so seeing that a .40 can blow up a zinc slide doesn’t surprise me in the least. The .40 S&W is an absurdly high pressure round. Sometimes it blows up perfectly good guns that I would actually recommend people buy. The problem with the Hi Point design is that it is entirely dependent on the weight of the slide for its operation, and if that slide is a poor quality casting, then the gun is much more likely to fail.
    IMGA02651.jpg
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glock and Springfield xd over here. My cousin got a hi point 45 ,went to the range mane he took it out the case look like he just took it out the deep fryer damn thing was so oily. Even after all that gun oil shot 3 times then got a double feed.
    Told him he need to break it down and throw it in the Mississippi River
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Some dude was telling me you gotta use brass casings only with hi-point.

Tul Ammo gave me a misfire the other day in my 9mm. That was weird. Put it back in and it shot even with the dimple on the primer.
  • CP203
    Options
    Glock and Springfield xd over here. My cousin got a hi point 45 ,went to the range mane he took it out the case look like he just took it out the deep fryer damn thing was so oily. Even after all that gun oil shot 3 times then got a double feed.

See... this that ? these muhfukkas by rounds but dont pay attention to the grain or nothing pertaining to the owners manual.

So yes HiPoint is wack... but forthe most part the issues that have been posted pertto Hipoint seem to revolve around operator error.

yo i been saying that, ? not doing proper pmcs because i never had an issue with my hi point
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CP203 wrote: »

See... this that ? these muhfukkas by rounds but dont pay attention to the grain or nothing pertaining to the owners manual.

So yes HiPoint is wack... but forthe most part the issues that have been posted pertto Hipoint seem to revolve around operator error.

yo i been saying that, ? not doing proper pmcs because i never had an issue with my hi point

You might as well use that hi point for a paper weight. Same cousin new years eve he like it's gone rang out I was like ha ok. I go first glock 21 sf run a whole clip he like watch this he let it loose 2 shots. ..... 2 I'm like you ran out of bullets? ??? He like naw it jammed. I fell out laughing so damn hard. Then he got the nerve to say if I'm ever in trouble All I need is 2 shots.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Haha in all reality if you miss with your first two shots in a real life situation, You're probably a dead man but with that said I'm not about to ever keep a two-shot gun.
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought one a .45 Taurus Millinium from a gun show an took it to the range and it jammed up way too many times. Sold it to my boy and copped a Glock. Now I gotta tell him about the recall.