Meek Mill Feat. Quentin Miller - Wanna Know DRAKE DISS (? . By Jahlil Beats & Swizz Beatz)

Options

Comments

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    My contribution to the thread.......

I was expecting a better effort from Meek, especially with a week to prepare after he kicked everything off on Twitter. I liked the Q Miller verse and the Puffy verse, but that was really all. Everything else felt disjointed and irrelevant......mainly because Drake's 'Back to back' diss had specific details. I also now understand why he had to drop it on Flex's show and why it took so long..........Flex provided him with the Q Miller stuff.

After saying all of that, I will say that, hopefully for him, he dropped this as a prelude to something bigger. I just think it's too late though. The damage was done with 'Back To Back', which isn't even Drake's final diss joint.

In my opinion, when Meek tweeted all that ? last week, he should have had at least 3 songs prepared to release at a moments notice. He ? up and allowed Drake to hit him with 2 intro diss joints, while one of them (Back To Back) is destined to become an actual hit song that's played on the radio & in clubs just like 'Hit Em Up' and 'Ether' was.

which club was playin ether & hit em up ?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ovoCapo wrote: »

I was expecting a better effort from Meek, especially with a week to prepare after he kicked everything off on Twitter. I liked the Q Miller verse and the Puffy verse, but that was really all. Everything else felt disjointed and irrelevant......mainly because Drake's 'Back to back' diss had specific details. I also now understand why he had to drop it on Flex's show and why it took so long..........Flex provided him with the Q Miller stuff.

After saying all of that, I will say that, hopefully for him, he dropped this as a prelude to something bigger. I just think it's too late though. The damage was done with 'Back To Back', which isn't even Drake's final diss joint.

In my opinion, when Meek tweeted all that ? last week, he should have had at least 3 songs prepared to release at a moments notice. He ? up and allowed Drake to hit him with 2 intro diss joints, while one of them (Back To Back) is destined to become an actual hit song that's played on the radio & in clubs just like 'Hit Em Up' and 'Ether' was.

I was too young for clubs when Hit Em Up dropped but Ether did get a couple of spins. Mostly ? on the dance floor rapping along.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't remember the names........The main point is that those songs got play outside of just a ? 's whip. Those songs became more than just a diss song. I see the same thing happening currently with that 'Back To Back' joint.
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this Meek starting this beef the biggest fail hip hop seen?

I'd least vote it the biggest backfire of all time.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Options
    I really hope this is only the first of two responses to Drake's two diss records. Cause this ? is weak.

n*ggas not even listening to the song and calling it weak, wack, it ends with the start of the next record....smh
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oh ? , get Drakes ? out ya ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how the ? u cant come up with a diss song better than that for a singin ? who committed hip hop's ultimate sin tho?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    its even more telling that even after the ghostwriting allegations, respected battle tested lyricists said drake was killin him
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll take the instrumental .
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek did what he was suppose to do. Expose it to the world that Drake doesn't write his own ? . The "reference track" he put in the middle of his ? was all that needed to be said.

I honestly don't see why people are even entertaining the back and forth on some real battle ? , when one guy doesn't write his rhymes. Can someone explain how releasing diss tracks is a valid response to someone saying you don't write your rhymes?

If Drake didn't write the several songs that got released, why would he think we think he's writing these diss tracks? I'm not seeing the logic here.

In any event, if Meek wants to continue to spread his brand and entertain this silly back and forth ? , he should insert a "reference track" in every diss song and continue to lower the casket.

... You would think on a Hip-Hop site, more people would have this same opinion. But despite the fake ? , real fans who respect the art know Drake loss no matter what. Zip him up.

Quoted for emphasis..
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    5wdp9y.jpg

Wow....just wow. When producers come out against you...
    Check out @Alchemist's Tweet:

Ar-Ab is trash,
    and quiet as kept Meek threw a shot or 2 at dude on this joint..
    "How ? got 50,000 followers but broke in real life"..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    0dL31zf.jpg
    I don't understand for the life of me why drake is part of that sprite campaign

He looks out of place like Christian laettner on the dream team or Howard the duck on the avengers
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn meek mill lost to the softest ? in the game. Might as well go on a private island with nicki, cuz he's done in these streets. You let drake strategically wipe you off the map. What a shame
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    lmao ? tryna rescue meek and ? , meek need to get mad and aim crucial bars at everybody
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Philly earned the two L's in its name this week.

One courtesy of the Pudding Pop King and the other courtesy of Little Milly from Philly.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meeks needs a Mr.meeseeks to ghostwrite for him
    1392954209985.png
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Budden dropped some real ? . I mean the diss is ok, especially coming from a guy who said he was "determinated" on his latest album in the song with diddy.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, imma give a Meek a lil leeway and say this was his warmup since I extended Drake the same courtesy on his first diss record lol. He better come harder or else it ain't looking good.