Los216 wrote: »
    I need help posting an album cover I made in photoshop

@Sion
    @TonyDubbz
    @IceBergTaylor
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Posting it how on this site? You tried tiny pic?
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Longevity: Vader – has a deeper roster, and it appears as if he focused a bit more on younger artists, who can carry the label for years to come. While Morgan also has some young people on his roster, who are either somewhat underachievers (Vado) or unproven (Dave East), and I doubt they would be able to carry the label. The future seems brighter for Vader.

Critically acclaimed: Morgan – close call, but I believe his roster will be able to drop better/more critically acclaimed music. This is based on the released projects too. I don’t feel like Vader utilized Wu properly with the album he put together, with too many solo songs, and not really any “true” Wu cuts, while a Nas album almost entirely produced by DJ Premier is something fans have been waiting for a long time, and executed proper, it could be great, and gain a lot of appreciation from fans and critics alike.

Sales: Vader – this category wasn’t that difficult, Vader has a lot of people who have proved able to move units, and Morgan doesn’t, to the same extent anyway. The Quantity of Vader's roster secures the w here.

Cohesion: Morgan – while I can’t be sure, it doesn’t seem like either of the players had a lot of focus on this part of the game, with both rosters being kind of all over the place. Morgan wins though, based on his smaller roster, and fewer names messing up the cohesion.

Artwork/tracklist: Vader – being that it’s a tie so far, this will be the game breaker. I was a little disappointed by the output here, where both players had a discount looking cover (Wiz/Vado). I assume it’s because they put a lot more effort into other covers, so the decision will be based on who has the singular best cover/project, and to me that would be the A$AP project. In my opinion, that is by far the best cover, and the tracklist seems fitting, and well thought out. While the Nas project from Morgan looks dope too, with a great tracklist, something is off with the cover to me. I think it’s the font for the title, which doesn’t really fit with the rest. Overall I'm a bigger fan of Vader's output here.

Vote goes to @Vader_F_Kennedy
  • yung$
    Options
    Where the judges
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yung$ wrote: »
    Where the judges

The rest must be waiting till Sunday but its already 2 votes in Vader fav
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of the judges are actively on this board. They just arent voting
  • yung$
    Options
    Can we vote as participants? Just not on our own match ups? Have it count as half a vote, while the judges vote count as one? Can we create a new thread for matches too drive traffic
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Can we vote as participants? Just not on our own match ups? Have it count as half a vote, while the judges vote count as one? Can we create a new thread for matches too drive traffic

Idt ur allowed to vote as participates but I kinda like the idea
    But somebody need to @ the judges
  • yung$
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I know but just want to get this thing going... We put in the work why not
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea yall gotta be patient, they'll get around to voting and if they don't then maybe we should discuss changing it to 3 votes. Best 2 out of 3 wins, won't be the first time but right now lets just see if these judges come through
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Yeah nosign to the participant voting, Lord knows who truced up and could be biased.
    Its only been 3 days they'll vote, our man @Michael_Malice got us

Didn't jazz say voting ended Sunday doe? They ? shoulda been voted
  • yung$
    Options
    Can Jazzy be a judge if she wants too?
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Can Jazzy be a judge if she wants too?

I think she already is a judge
  • TayGettem
    Options
    This folks soooo slow
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    We need to open up the voting to the entire Reason.
  • TayGettem
    Options
    We need to open up the voting to the entire Reason.

Or we could just @ the judges and tellem hurry tf up ? be on here all day but can't do a 5min review
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can do a open call to any member of the reason to be judges however they must participate til the end of the game. If you agree to this suggestion, co sign it please.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey I had food poisoning so was in the hospital yesterday but I can still drop a vote today. Will try to do it at work if not when I get home.
  • yung$
    Options
    thanks Michael

@jazzybella next match create a new thread for the rounds so it would generate new interest as oppose to a 23 page thread most ppl glance over
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Longevity: This is a pretty close category for me. The way both labels are built I can see longevity not really being an issue. Both labels have the strength to be around awhile and be productive but the question is how productive? These are two different types of longevity. I see Hayden Ave with more of a "mainstream" longevity due to the personnel on the label. Nameless Records feels like more of a "underground" longevity with a strong and dedicated fanbase. It boils down to what type of longevity you are looking for. I will have to give the nod to Hayden due to the fact I believe they can sustain more revenue consistently. It just depends on where they want to go with the label. I'm going with cash flow though.

Hayden AVE

Critically Acclaimed: This again goes back to the set-up of both labels. Nameless has legends that will pretty much demand critical acclaim based on who they are and what they have done already. Hayden AVE has the potential for much critical acclaim also but just not on the level that Nameless has the potential for. I don't think there is necessarialy a right and wrong here based on the set-up of the labels. Again Nameless Records just passes the eyetest.

Nameless Records

Sales: This category is swayed by the longevity category. Once gain because of the way the labels are built and the direction I see them trying to go, I think Hayden will well exceed what they think they can sell with the right marketing. Again, not saying they are "mainstream" but they have potential for "mainstream" sales. Nameless may not sell as many records, but they will have a dedicated fanbase that will keep them in business. Hayden AVE is looking for GOLD and Plat plaques though.

Hayden AVE

ArtWork/Tracklist : Album covers are not really that close to me. Hayden AVE's albums look like albums and not mixtapes. Not saying that Nameless Records looks like Mixtapes but they don't really stand out. I'm not a fan of that Vado album cover at all. It may be too simple. Sometimes simple is good but not going against heavy hitters. Tracklists look good on both sides and were both creative. The main thing is looking at them and do they "feel" real. I think both labels did a good job of this and meshed everything together very well. It will have to come down to the album covers.

Hayden AVE

Cohesiveness: Hayden AVE has put together a roster that flows together so smooth. That could be one of the most well built teams I have seen since judging. They went heavy East Coast but they did it right. And they added a taste of south that can really go well with the East. I would watch out for this label in the future. They are just built right. Nameless Records is just that, Nameless. But don't take that the wrong way. That could be a good thing if done right. When you take the labels for they way they are built though, Hayden just works so well on all facets.

Hayden AVE

Overall Winner: Hayden AVE
  • jazzybella
    Options
    thanks Michael

@jazzybella next match create a new thread for the rounds so it would generate new interest as oppose to a 23 page thread most ppl glance over

yes sir
  • TayGettem
    Options
    So that's 3 votes for Vader sooooo did he win
  • yung$
    Options
    I think so it's best out of five....... I guess what we could do is leave this open for another day and post the other match up... Maybe traffic from those can get more votes here
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
  • jazzybella
    Options
    @Ibex you have until tomorrow noon to send me your roster and albums to go against @yung$