Home Invasion (Social Experiment)

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats some scary ? . Kids are naive.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not watching the video. Because, my kids even in their teenage years aren't opening the door for anyone other then family. Simple as that. My house my rules.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is scary for real. I'm thinking my son has a pretty good idea of how to handle these situations. He knows to only open the door for family. He comes to get an adult if its not an immediate family member at the door. So by the time he is old enough to be left alone, he should know the deal.

But kids can be naive like someone else said. But this is an offence that calls super punishments till they understand.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kids NEVER open the door. They should ALWAYS alert the parents if someone, anyone, comes knocking. The ? is basic home security.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not watching the video but I assume these are all white kids and you know they naïve all the time. I was 20 years old in college got my first apartment and my grandma would still tell me not to open the door for someone I didn't know
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    im not watching the video but I assume these are all white kids and you know they naïve all the time. I was 20 years old in college got my first apartment and my grandma would still tell me not to open the door for someone I didn't know

I was trying not to go into how it was white kids doing the ? . I don't think it's a coincidence. They just walking up to the door like they belong there. Like it's they house. Like they paying bills. Trying to tell someone who can and can't come in. Them little ? out of pocket as hell.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    those parents full of ? ... see how the one girl straight walk away while the moms was talking? no respect or discipline until its too late...
    kids shouldn't b answering doors.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, they did this ? in Long Island, I think. I'd be interested for them to do this in The part of Brooklyn that's still occupied with black people.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think after watching this....a rule change is in order. Dont answer the door for anyone, family or not. Get an adult. And if you are alone (when he is old enough to be left alone) just ignore them.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These parents suck horribly from I was little my sister and I were always told never open a door if we were by ourselves. I didn't like opening doors just off the fact that I don't know them and anything could happen.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can we get a black version tho,

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah, you gotta teach them early not to open that door. I installed cameras in and around the house so if someone is at the door or any of the windows, she can get a clear look at them. The wife traumatized ours about opening that door. I came home from work one day and the girl was crying in the corner talking about she don't want to be a sex slave and why everyone can't just get along. She don't even want to walk home from from the bus stop after school by herself. I don't blame her tho, it was cool when walking home in the hood, all you had to worry about was somebody trying to sell you some weed. Now we around these white folks and we all see how the white man is a natural sexual deviant.

What kind of cameras did you install in your house? @powerman 5000
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah, you gotta teach them early not to open that door. I installed cameras in and around the house so if someone is at the door or any of the windows, she can get a clear look at them. The wife traumatized ours about opening that door. I came home from work one day and the girl was crying in the corner talking about she don't want to be a sex slave and why everyone can't just get along. She don't even want to walk home from from the bus stop after school by herself. I don't blame her tho, it was cool when walking home in the hood, all you had to worry about was somebody trying to sell you some weed. Now we around these white folks and we all see how the white man is a natural sexual deviant.

What kind of cameras did you install in your house? @powerman 5000

I went with a version of this one from Sams Club...

Screen_Shot_2015_08_25_at_11_47_15_AM.png

Mine didn't have the monitor but it had those extra inputs so I put 2 nightvision ptzs inside. Those are ip cameras as well so if you do port forwarding on your router you can watch them from anywhere without having to remote into the recorder. Just change the passwords lol..
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    My mom said dont ever open the door for anyone but family. That excluded cousins though cause them ? steal.

Lol you got that speech

I remember being five and my granny telling me, don't let yo cousin Lester in the house, he like to steal

Lol

And to answer the thread, if I was ever left home alone I was told to not even go to the door period

Just let em knock
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think after watching this....a rule change is in order. Dont answer the door for anyone, family or not. Get an adult. And if you are alone (when he is old enough to be left alone) just ignore them.

My parents had the same rule when I was younger, which leads to a funny story, that ends up getting my uncle arrested.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This experiment is just a little skewed because kids are gonna naturally have a higher sense of security if their parents are home (which the parents were in all examples).

• Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Kids NEVER open the door. They should ALWAYS alert the parents if someone, anyone, comes knocking. The ? is basic home security.

If moms left us home alone she'd always say "Don't answer the phone or door"

& til this day I still don't lol (esp. answering the door if you wasn't invited)