Video:A Boston Rican says "F#ck the Police" then gets arrested and choked by the calm chowder pigs..

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmSkm8NrZ2k
"Video shows Boston police officers throwing an apparent temper tantrum after a loud-mouthed man voiced his opinion about the police. The young man then stops his shenanigans and proceeds to walk off. But the cops already smelled blood in the water, and a feeding frenzy began. Regardless of how idiotic this man’s actions were, the resultant reaction from police was entirely unwarranted. As the Washington State Supreme Court recently ruled, swearing at police is constitutionally protected speech. But legal boundaries were apparently ripe for crossing. The officers arrest the man, without incident, for his free speech. But when the man begins showing off for the camera and shouting “f- the police” again, the uniformed cop proceeds to strangle him." - Via The Thought Project.

Comments

• Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a lot of problematic things occurring there...
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh. If someone in my face yellin at me "? u tell your ? suck my ? u ? ass ? "... we AT LEAST fighting.

...same scenario, but gimme a gun & badge. What was the purpose of all this?? I need context
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lock that spicc up
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it is not in their job description to detain citizens for talking ? to them...lol
    go bust up a child sex ring or something...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2015/08/24/boston-police-investigating-arrest-man-who-yelled-the-police/vsl3FpdFAaiAwSCrMJ1nlK/story.html

A video of a young man being arrested after yelling “f--- the police” that gained attention online has been referred to internal affairs, a Boston Police Department spokeswoman said.

It’s unknown what occurred before the film began, but as an officer walks toward the man who yelled, the videographer says “these n
    are not gonna arrest him, it’s freedom of speech, right?” He then advises the man walking away, “Ask him if you’re getting arrested. If you ain’t getting arrested you can keep it moving, bro.”

The officer in the video says he is arresting him for disorderly conduct and blocking traffic in the street.

As he’s being arrested, the man yells more expletives and refuses to get in the car. The officer then puts his hands around the man’s neck, and the bystanders react loudly. The man filming yells “Someone’s gonna get shot! Someone’s gonna get shot!”

“As soon as we were made aware of [the video], the information was relayed to our internal affairs department,” Boston police spokeswoman Rachel McGuire said. “There will be an investigation into the officer to see whether his actions were compliant with our rules and regulations.”

Tom Nolan, an associate professor in criminology at Merrimack College and a former BPD lieutenant, thinks the officer’s actions were justified.

“I would have to say that the video, such as it is, does show a classic case of ‘disorderly person’ and if I were in the situation as a police officer, I more than likely would have arrested the young man as well,” he wrote in an email.

“Just because members of the community are exercising their constitutional right to film the police, this does not give them the right to scream and yell and incite bystanders in the street with talk about people getting shot and in using incendiary language to inflame and alarm a quickly assembling crowd of onlookers.”

Nolan doesn’t know what precipitated the filming, but said that from the video, it looked like he needed to be taken off the street.

Sarah Wunsch of the ACLU of Massachusetts disagreed.

“Even though it may not be the politest way to speak, it’s protected by the First Amendment,” she said.

Carl Williams, a racial justice staff attorney with the ACLU, said he noticed three critical things happening in this video. One, police are recording their interactions with civilians—“We’ve been asking for that,” he said. (He added that the officer seemed to be using his private cell phone, which Williams said was not ideal.)

Two, there are young people in the urban community of Boston recording police interactions, which he said is a great thing.

Three, the incident provides an example of “an arrest by what police use as a very subjective law: disorderly conduct,” Williams said.

Williams said a 1987 Supreme Court case, City of Houston v. Hill, “uses language that pretty much says ‘Police, you got to take it, you have to deal with the language.”

That case challenged a municipal ordinance that said it was unlawful to interrupt a police officer in the performance of their duty, but the court said that “infringed on the freedoms of individuals to verbally oppose or challenge police action.”

Jury instructions in Massachusetts say that in order to prove disorderly conduct, the person has to have been engaged in fighting or threatening behavior, violent or tumultuous behavior, or behavior that served no legitimate purpose.

“If you say ‘f--- the pigs,’ that is a legitimate purpose,” Williams said. “I’m not saying the concept is correct, but I very deeply believe you’re allowed to say it.”
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/29870325/boston-police-respond-to-viral-video-showing-confrontation
    Boston police respond to viral video showing confrontation

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) - A video posted on World Star Hip Hop shows a Boston Police officer putting his hands around a young man’s neck.

It was shared across social media and has some outraged, but investigators say they were forced to deal with a potentially dangerous situation as a crowd allegedly rushed them.

“He had his hands around his neck there's no doubt about that, but I don't think there was a lot of pressure being applied because the man continued to yell and scream,” Boston Police Commissioner William Evans said.

The man was getting arrested for disorderly conduct during a drug investigation at the Archdale Housing Projects.

Police say the public doesn't see that the officers on the ground are being threatened.

In turn, an undercover officer pulled out his cellphone to record the potentially dangerous situation.

“There was some significant activity before the video started rolling that caused the police officer to be so concerned he took out his own personal cell phone to document the facts and circumstances,” former Boston Police Superintendent Dan Linskey said.

Commissioner Evans says the officers are doing the best they can to clean up the streets, but they are forced to deal with, what he says is verbal abuse.

“’F the police’ and some of the sexually explicit things they were telling us to do, that bothers me, there’s no respect for us,” Evans said.

There is an internal investigation being conducted but no police officers are facing disciplinary actions.

Typical pig response.. We did nothing wrong & were the somehow the real victims.. Even though they have gun & the badge...
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i would've choked him out for saying "neggah"..."? tha pigs neggah"

rage.gif
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it is not in their job description to detain citizens for talking ? to them...lol
    go bust up a child sex ring or something...
    Those plain clothes pigs were standing around like they had Nothing better to do

Even the arrest was half hearted