The Goat Storytelling Track Tournament (rd 1) - Story To Tell VS Today Was a Good Day

Options
_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
edited August 2015 in The Reason

The Goat Storytelling Track Tournament (rd 1) - Story To Tell VS Today Was a Good Day 38 votes

Story To Tell
34%
[Deleted User]nex ginachewon87nillerthekid700illedoutIbexits....JOHN BMiltown Marauder_Goldie_DR. JEK5 GrandMr 202 13 votes
Today Was a Good Day
65%
murdapdwade206nawledge_god5th Letterusmarin3jee504water ur seedsR.D.yung$awwwwwwwwwwwnohiphop1BDBIIDAlready Home_17StoneColdMikeyBuilt 4 cuban linxKamPushMeCockMcStuffinsSheerExcellenceSolitary SoldierMARIO_DRO 25 votes

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    This is tough, I have to mull this over first.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story To Tell
    This shouldn't be close

Today Was A Good Day was a cool song, but I Got A Story To Tell is a GOAT storytelling song. He tells the same story twice.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Story To Tell
    TWAGD is in my top 10, but STT is top 3. Then when you add the fact that its a true story, just makes it that much better.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    I gotta rock with Cube on this one, I like stories that take you on a 'day in the life' starting in the morning till the end of the day...

I love 'Story to tell' but the first verse is forgettable, the song doesn't really get great until 1.30-ish mark...
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    ? this is a thinker.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    Today was a good day is timeless no matter how many times you hear it the song just gets better and better.

Straight Like That
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    Great song and the video just makes it more authentic. Its a day any of us at the time could have had
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    5 Grand wrote: »
    This shouldn't be close

Today Was A Good Day was a cool song, but I Got A Story To Tell is a GOAT storytelling song. He tells the same story twice.
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    TWAGD is in my top 10, but STT is top 3. Then when you add the fact that its a true story, just makes it that much better.

Yeah but cube mom made good breakfast, cops didnt even harass him, he got the ? from a girl he liked in high school, the blimpe said he was a ? ....

And to top it off, in a pick up basketball game going to 11 points. He some how had 10 of those 11 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists. I have no idea how that possible, but he did it. Plz he did it while wearing sweatshirt and jeans. have you ever tried to play hoop at the park with a sweatshirt and jeans? Its impossible

I think you just sold it to anyone not sure which one to vote for lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    ? it, I gotta roll with Ice Cube on this one.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    Lucky cube wasnt going up against eminem im sure somehow the masses wouldve voted stan was better than today was a good day.

Straight Like Dat.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    12 votes for cube and 2 for big, thought it would be closer.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    Glad Stan rightfully advanced. I was gonna have to bail on this tournament if different biases forced that song out in the 1st round. Honestly, it should make it to the final 4, but we shall see.

Rather it's this version or the 'Car Wash' remix, this song and story is legendary. Once Upon A Time In The Projects is a great story also.

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story To Tell
    This should have been a finals matchup..Smh
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    Can't go wrong either way though
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story To Tell
    I hope the swaying stay to a minimum in this one cause once Eminem got in real trouble in that other thread ? started cappin like a muhphucka for Slim, its like a shadyteam committee came in n ? just to save his ass

Anyways....,lord knows i love some Ice Cube catalog and this dont mean Ice Cube aint an alltime great and this dont mean Pac didn't tear Big apart either but i gotta go wit Story to tell. Just the way it was told and made it seem like we just some of the homeboys gathered around.
  • _Goldie_
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Story To Tell
    Funny ? is, shadyteam voted for "murder was the case" and stan still came back lol

and smh @ this ? . Cube's song was cool, but cmon b, that ? had no suspense, no comedy , ? was basic af in comparison to STT.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story To Tell
    This shouldn't be close

Yeah but cube mom made good breakfast, cops didnt even harass him, he got the ? from a girl he liked in high school, the blimpe said he was a ? ....

And to top it off, in a pick up basketball game going to 11 points. He some how had 10 of those 11 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists. I have no idea how that possible, but he did it. Plz he did it while wearing sweatshirt and jeans. have you ever tried to play hoop at the park with a sweatshirt and jeans? Its impossible

You ain't from the hood
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story To Tell
    That was my first time listening to STT
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    Just a better song
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story To Tell
    I gotta rock with Cube on this one, I like stories that take you on a 'day in the life' starting in the morning till the end of the day...

I love 'Story to tell' but the first verse is forgettable, the song doesn't really get great until 1.30-ish mark...

First verse? You're thinking of a different song
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    700 wrote: »
    This shouldn't be close

You ain't from the hood

Actually Im from same hood as prodigy, busta rhymes, and method man....so not sure what you talking bout

Edited to add: who give a ? about from a hood? I love where I grew up, but im not really sure wtf that gotta do with ? . I played ball with steph marbury, felipe lopez, wally szerbiack, ? shammgod, and ron artest. Never seen any of them wear sweatshirt and jeans. Although artest played in church shoes at times
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today Was a Good Day
    Funny ? is, shadyteam voted for "murder was the case" and stan still came back lol

and smh @ this ? . Cube's song was cool, but cmon b, that ? had no suspense, no comedy , ? was basic af in comparison to STT.

I never really thought of murder was the case as a story. I guess it is, but I didn't think of it as one like these others
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story To Tell
    Story to tell..especially when he tells the story to his ? at the end..GOAT