Charlamagne: Jay Electronica Needs More Music To Call Out J. Cole

Options

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ya'll think he scared to drop because he's afraid the album might end up wack?

S/N his verse on that Currensy Pilot Talk is cold. The Day featuring Mos Def, ? with it if you ain't heard it.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude 38 yall talking about Jay E has so much promise and potential.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what did Eyerone say about J cole ?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Anybody that starts thread based on a c the cod or lord jamal video should be jailed for at least a day.

And any video that starts with a high-pitched squeaky voice saying "it's ya boy dj akademics" should result in a permaban.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.Cole's Power Trip >>>>
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    What's the set list look like for a Jay Elec show? Exhibit C 5 times in a row and his We made it verse to close out the show.

Nah he does have plenty of songs for a show. I have like 50 Jay E songs in my iTunes library. He's just been dropping one song a year for years now smh. They're always fire too.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if he drops a dope album tomorrow what's y'all excuse then cuz that's all I'm seein is he doesn't have an album out
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay elec trash and been trash hes in the one hit wonder category and needs his debut album on the back of a milk cartoon with the captions "have you seen me lately"

Jayz a ? business man if this the caliber of people he wants to have roc nation associated with either that or he ghostwriting on the low for jigga
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    What's the set list look like for a Jay Elec show? Exhibit C 5 times in a row and his We made it verse to close out the show.

Nah he does have plenty of songs for a show. I have like 50 Jay E songs in my iTunes library. He's just been dropping one song a year for years now smh. They're always fire too.

Damn that ? is old
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Anybody that starts thread based on a c the cod or lord jamal video should be jailed for at least a day.

And any video that starts with a high-pitched squeaky voice saying "it's ya boy dj akademics" should result in a permaban.

? Akademiks.

He the type of ? that if you ask him what DJ influenced his love of hip hop he gonna say Dj Vlad.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    So if he drops a dope album tomorrow what's y'all excuse then cuz that's all I'm seein is he doesn't have an album out

Not having albums is the only problem with Jay E making statements like this.

You can definitely make an argument that J Cole and Drake do not have bars like Jay Electronica.

But without a debut album or even a damn recent mixtape he shouldn't be taking shots at anyone and needs to ? .
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    We heard plenty of artist that could drop that dope song or even feature but fail when it comes to the solo album....I.e jadakiss or papoose, its a whole different ball game when it comes to putting together a complete project...jaye needs that
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay elec aint no rapper if he been in the game this long and aint put out a debut album and nobody gone buy that ? if he do i see 1000 copies first week tops if that
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? Akademiks.

He the type of ? that if you ask him what DJ influenced his love of hip hop he gonna say Dj Vlad.

U must really hate that niggq
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

? Akademiks.

U must really hate that niggq

He's ? wack bruh
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

That's not an excuse...its fact

Some ? won't even give 3 stacks props for not having any solo rap albums, a ? who don't even have a mixtape is not a rapper

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Not that I disagree

But quality > quantity

Does J. Cole have a song as good as Eternal Sunshine?

I agree with what everybody and Charlemagne sayin, but ehhhh this man has a point

I dont know when or how, but Jay E DOES have about 40-50 songs out there. Thats like 3, 4 mixtapes worth* shrug*

And Jay E has more impactful, meaningful songs than Cole

Cole aint in Jay E league, at ALL

you don't know what you're talking about
    R.D. wrote: »
    lmaooo at he has more impactful songs

Can Jay E sell out the Garden ?

giphy.gif

Im talkin lyrical impact and depth and you talkin sellin out the Garden.

I cant, will not take any ? serious who can't differentiate between Jay Electronica and J Cole

Wisdom
    Life Experience
    Wordplay
    Pen game

Please

And BEATS! Let us not forget, Jay E has dozens of A1, premium, original Just Blaze tracks. J Cole's production for he most part is ASS. Exceptions of course, but generally. ...ASS

Dear Moleskin, Exhibit A, Fatbellybella (All 60 seconds of it) are echelons above what J Cole can do. Jay E is 38, formerly homeless, NOI influenced, traveled the world, etc. I mean its not even a fair fight Jay Elec has,more substance, more pain, etc. Tbat doesn't MAKE a better artist, but it clearly comes across in the music. Kendrick, Face (Deeply Rooted out today), Jay z, nas, early Kanye, I can go on, these people have interesting stories to tell. Biopic worthy. And it comes thru in the music. J Cole is a mulatto St Johns grad---that's it lol And,it,comes thru in the music. i dont care about his story. Hes not lyrically inclined enough to spit abot just anything and be nice. Get Him outta here, b
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anticipation for this ? album is long gone.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How does Jay E eat tho?

From show money? Really?

Exhibit C? That still paying out?

He still with that rich English chick?

Questions.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    How does Jay E eat tho?

From show money? Really?

Exhibit C? That still paying out?

He still with that rich English chick?

Questions.

Bingo!!!!!!!
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay E need to drop an album before taking shots but then again I rather hear Jay's miscellaneous tracks than Cole's albums.
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought his album was done but Jay-Z wouldn't put it out because they're weren't any songs worthy of being a single. Regardless, that's no excuse for him to not get back in the lab and fine tune the album. At least put out a mixtape to hold your fans over. I know damn well he has heat sitting in the vault wasting away.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I know im in the minority but J Cole is ...i mean he's nothing to me as a rapper Lmao Thats an exaggeration, but really, he's like water . If you're thirsty it'll do the trick (pause) . But im not about to gas him just bc of the climate

J Cole can spit, he can get busy on good production, but unless the beat is flames i dont care what he has to say

Ay, ? ... Watch that ? .

200w_d.gif