Animorphs Is Getting a Film Adaptation

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
meme-anim-birdman.jpg

If you were a kid in the '90s or early 2000s, chances are you're at least somewhat familiar with Animorphs. Whether that's because you read the books, were a fan of the television series, or simply found yourself intrigued by the book covers where teens were turning into animals, K. A. Applegate's Scholastic series was seemingly ever-present.

The back-to-school nostalgia must have been kicked into high gear recently when it was confirmed by The Tracking Board that Universal will be making an Animorphs film adaptation! Hot on the heels of Sony's Goosebumps movie and Paramount's Nicktoons crossover, Animorphs will be produced by Deborah Forte under Silvertongue Films.

According to The Tracking Board, the movie will focus heavily on the sci-fi aspect of the books. If the story follows the same six characters as the books and show, fans will once again be acquainted with Jake, Marco, Cassie, Rachel, and Tobias, and their alien friend Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill (Ax).

The film is reportedly still looking for a screenwriter with a knack for sci-fi to adapt the Young Adult books. But in the meantime, we can still relish (or abhor) the idea of Animorphs movie coming to the big screen.

Take me back to the days of Scholastic book fairs and not having to pay my rent or schedule my own doctors appointments! Ahhh, yes, those were the days.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3536424-hello-nostalgia-animorphs-is-getting-a-movie-adaptation?lt_source=external,manual,manual

Comments