GTA V Rumored

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in IllGaming
GTA V's Location Rumoured
Whisperings point to LA setting for next game.
UK, July 26, 2010
by Martin Robinson
IGN UK Could Grand Theft Auto be returning to the West Coast for its next big outing? According to recent rumours that's where the series could be heading, with reports outing Hollywood as the series' next backdrop.

vg24/7 is doing the whispering, as well as claiming that Grand Theft Auto V's announcement is coming up fast – and quite possibly within the next few months as the report makes the surprising claim that it could be unveiled alongside the first public airing of Max Payne 3.

We've contacted Rockstar who have, unsurprisingly, remained tight-lipped, refusing to comment on rumour or speculation.

Grand Theft Auto has been to Hollywood before, of course, with San Andreas' LA flavoured Los Santos featuring the area of Vinewood, Rockstar's own take on Tinseltown.

Would a return to San Andreas – or part of it, at least – fulfil your desires for Grand Theft Auto V, or are you, like us, hoping for something a little different from the game? Let us know in the comments below

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    San Andreas would be dope, I hope they never go back to Liberty City, Vice City would be good too in the GTA engine

It wasnt the city the made GTA4 bad it was all missing features that were in a PS2 game, ? Tony brought alot of them back and its the best version of GTA4
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited July 2010
    Options
    GTA V's Location Rumoured
    Whisperings point to LA setting for next game.
    UK, July 26, 2010
    by Martin Robinson
    IGN UK Could Grand Theft Auto be returning to the West Coast for its next big outing? According to recent rumours that's where the series could be heading, with reports outing Hollywood as the series' next backdrop.

vg24/7 is doing the whispering, as well as claiming that Grand Theft Auto V's announcement is coming up fast – and quite possibly within the next few months as the report makes the surprising claim that it could be unveiled alongside the first public airing of Max Payne 3.

We've contacted Rockstar who have, unsurprisingly, remained tight-lipped, refusing to comment on rumour or speculation.

Grand Theft Auto has been to Hollywood before, of course, with San Andreas' LA flavoured Los Santos featuring the area of Vinewood, Rockstar's own take on Tinseltown.

Would a return to San Andreas – or part of it, at least – fulfil your desires for Grand Theft Auto V, or are you, like us, hoping for something a little different from the game? Let us know in the comments below

...Considering the fact that they completely revamped Liberty City for GTA IV, this could very well be 'something different.'

Hell, if it was set in Hollywood/San Andreas again, Rockstar could go crazy with the satire and parody(ies) of celebrities and the city alone...
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Bring back Carl Johnson, I noticed Rockstar never really ties the GTA series together or bring back old playable characters .. Imagine the follow up to san andreas, Carl gets double crossed by his brother who was really down with them purple wearing san andreas dipset ?
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yea bring back CJ
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I want to say bring back CJ too, but then again it would be kind of pushing it after all he went through.

One of the reason GTA IV suffered was the revisiting of a city, regardless if it was more expansive and engaging, it didn't have the brand new originality of the previous two. Maybe they can pull it off, but another location would be better. I remember hearing Tokyo or London or something along those lines a while back.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    bring back the features from san andreas, gta4 was good but i never got into it like san andreas. to this day i could give directions in san andreas like i lived in that ? . and is it just me or do it feel like you got ? in your pants when you run in gta4
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Na leave CJ alone. I'd like to see a Vice City Part II. Tommy V babyyy. They don't really need to intertwine the stories, but it is cool seeing old products in the new games and hearing them talk about old events on the radio. And wasn't dude form GTA 3 in San Andreas when you had to race him for that ? ?
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited July 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Na leave CJ alone. I'd like to see a Vice City Part II. Tommy V babyyy. They don't really need to intertwine the stories, but it is cool seeing old products in the new games and hearing them talk about old events on the radio. And wasn't dude form GTA 3 in San Andreas when you had to race him for that ? ?

...I'd say bring back C.J...If he wasn't dead. Vercetti was a wack and annoying Mafia stereotype.

As for the stories intertwining, it would be cool if there was more of it, but Rockstar considers the GTAIII and GTA IV games/series as separate 'eras,' in terms of characters and locations--That's why GTA IV'sLiberty City is nothing like GTA III's...