Stephen King’s ‘The Mist’ In The Works As TV Series

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
The-Mist.jpg

King has blessed the Dimension Television project, which hails from “Rita” creator Christian Torpe

Stephen King‘s “The Mist” is being developed as a TV series by “Scream” producer Dimension Television and writer Christia Torpe, who created the hit Danish series “Rita,” it was announced Wednesday.

King has blessed this adaptation of “The Mist,” which was previously adapted for the big screen by “The Walking Dead” creator Frank Darabont.

Using the book and movie as influences, the series will tell an original story about a seemingly innocuous mist that seeps into a small town but contains limitless havoc. From psychological terrors to otherworldly creatures, the mist causes the town residents’ darkest demons to appear forcing them to battle the supernatural event and, more importantly, each other.

“The terror and drama in Stephen King‘s novella are so vast that we felt serialized television is the best place to explore them in greater depth,” said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company and Dimension Films. “With this show, Christian has created a fascinating band of characters and a story with infinite scares.”

Megan Spanjian, VP of scripted TV, Matthew Signer, EVP of production and creative affairs, and Keith Levine, SVP of production and development, will oversee the project for Dimension TV.

Torpe’s “Rita” is now finishing its fourth season, and he has developed programming for both Showtime and AMC. He’s represented by ICM Partners.

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed the movie id give the series a chance
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after under the dome i'm stay clear of these junts
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    after under the dome i'm stay clear of these junts
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah. The movie was cold as ? . Been years since I saw it but definitely worth a watch and rewatch.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope it gives some background into project arrowhead. The movie didn't touch on that too much
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    The movie version. Is that the one where
    The dad had his family in the truck at the very end of the movie and the fog gets closer and closer to them and eventually engulfs them so he kills his family with the last of his bullets and waits for the monsters to come and ? him but the noises he hears is actually the military coming to save the day? but he already killed his fam.

That ? was ? up

And to add even more salt to the wound
    The chick (she plays Carol in TWD) who left to go back home, and everyone thought she was gonna end up dead, ended up alive and well wit her child riding wit the military. Ether

Damn I forgot all about that ending, that ? was GOAT!
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    I hope it gives some background into project arrowhead. The movie didn't touch on that too much

Neither Did The Source Material But I'm Sure They Will

• jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that ending was all kinds of ? up.
    Ollie killed that religious nut. She was like "Expiation, ? the ? ". Man she was crazy as ? .
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Yeah that ending was all kinds of ? up.
    Ollie killed that religious nut. She was like "Expiation, ? the ? ". Man she was crazy as ? .

I clapped when she got popped ? was annoying and made the situation worse
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was the movie with the giant insects and dinosaurs and ? from another dimension in the mist?
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The movie was super creative and delved into what would happen when fear causes neighbors to be enemies. That idyllic white community broke down after a weekend. Gave u a glimpse of how fear and religious ideology can ? people up in the wrong situation. GOAT movie
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I thought this was the movie with the giant insects and dinosaurs and ? from another dimension in the mist?

You're prolly thinking of Dreamcatcher with Morgan Freeman, but yeah it was also based on a book by Stephen King.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    And the spiders in the pharmacy were creepy AF mfs had acid webs
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And the spiders in the pharmacy were creepy AF mfs had acid webs

Maaaaannnn the part in that scene that'll make your skin crawl, was the black soilder who was hanging on the web shaking, falls face down on the floor, and hundreds of those slider creatures burst outta his back...FUUUUUUCCCCKKK!!!!

That s*** gives me the heebie jeebies just thinkin about it.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Options
    Frank Darabont had everything to do with how dope the movie adaptation was and that trill ass ending.

Tough act to follow.

Kinda like the Kubrick version of "The Shining" vs the made for TV version.

I'ma still give it a shot though.
  • Stomp Johnson
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Full Movie In HD
    Check it before it gets clapped by YouTube.

The Mist 2007
    http://youtu.be/juBvPsThJf8
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, this ? is awful, and I wanted it to be good.

It has some of the worst character interactions I've ever seen, are these people even human?