Fresh Off the Boat - Season 2 (ABC)

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2m7rWBUZM

Season 2 started yesterday! Loved the first season, was really surprised how much i liked it. What did everyone think of the first episode? i still have yet to see it.

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First episode was funny af

lmao @ "work bein a vacation from poverty!"

dead @ random shot @ the mask at the end. that was classic.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where's the Blackish thread?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The part where the hand me downs counted as "back to school shopping" hit close to home for me :/
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She gave that ? a reading rainbow shirt because he liked t-shirts with black men on them, lmao!

Kid said the ride killed him and brought him back to life.........damn! Eddie was like "Hell nah!"

This show funny as ? !
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, grandma kept going in on those white ladies tanning! She was dropping knowledge though cause they do be killing they skin with that ? .
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    focus wrote: »

I havent finished season 1 yet, i didnt want to be responsible for that thread since im not up to date on it. its been made though.

Watching FotB now!
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Hilarious

Love all the background music
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny episode, they starting right where they left off.

I was in tears in the beginning when Evan was recapping everything from season 1 and wrote it word for word in dudes yearbook.

My ? Emery had em lined up for his signature.

I liked the Ed Lover cameo too
  • marc123
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I was in tears in the beginning when Evan was recapping everything from season 1 and wrote it word for word in dudes yearbook.

c/s
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *watching it on Hulu Plus so I don't miss anything*

...............cot dammit the Ed Lover cameo and the lowkey diss to Stockton got me in tears

they lowkey added in the "what are those" joke..you'll know it when you see it lmfao

the ? ? a tooth fairy giving a work to do list? ? outta here *in my Eddie Huang voice*

"your job is a vacation from poverty" ................cot daymmit lmfao

man the wife with the lowkey ether ? ............I swear she blacker than she's Chinese

Ah Cross Colours ? ...................I used to rock the CC all the time during my HS years in the 90s (shirt and pants)

dead @ the hustling the hotel, my pops used to hide me and my baby sister in the back of the car while he would said it was just him and my mom to hustle the hotel out of rooms........*black people ? lmfao*

smfh white folks snitching......

dead again at the dad being slick using the phone charges to cover his story

the mom lowkey got some of the most memorable lines ever -- look for the line when she talks about towels

"? I've been soft for year* ..................man I can't deal lmfao

the ending..........man they started Season 2 off right ...

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ive only seen two episodes but i saw the first ep of season 2 ? had me in tears i have to start watching this hsow more often
  • marc123
    Options
    DillaDeaf wrote: »
    "? I've been soft for year* ..................man I can't deal lmfao

that was funny af.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Episode was pretty funny. That kid who dressed up as jim carrey from the mask at the end of episode 1 looks sick. He's way too out of it for someone his age lol.
  • marc123
    Options
    the lunch table kids and the 2 younger brothers were funny af. the rest of episode 2 was kinda meh.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Episode 2 was even better imo

The Boyz 2 Men music montage had me LOL

The dad singing gave me flashbacks to his James Franco Katy Perry scene... Then the lil bro with the adlibs killed me.

Shout out to Nicole for rockin the Phil Collins shirt. Phil the GOAT
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    BTW i follow Eddie Huang on IG and he hasnt posted a thing about the show. He must really not like it or he just dont give a ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    BTW i follow Eddie Huang on IG and he hasnt posted a thing about the show. He must really not like it or he just dont give a ?

When season one came out he did interviews saying how he didn't support the show. The show was too light and a family type show and he said despite him not having a terrible childhood, it was still important to him to include the domestic violence he experienced as a kid with his parents in the show. Show runners didn't go that route and went the family friendly route and huang stopped promoting and supporting it.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ Creator Eddie Huang Continues To Trash His ABC Comedy

http://deadline.com/2015/04/eddie-huang-fresh-off-the-boat-tweets-1201406604/

Link if your interested in reading it. Shows his tweets that i dont know how to post on here.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah he trippin hard. I hope his opinion doesn't derail how good the show is. I know he getting paid but on the flip side he had to know a lot of this upfront wasn't gonna get used esp. the DV. The show is dope and I hope it stays on for a while so we can see the kids grow up. Kinda like The Middle, I watched Axel in high school now he's in college and Sue just started college. Those two little brothers on FOTB are funny as hell.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dv scene would ruin the whole show
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Haha dunno wtf he was thinking expecting abc to show domestic violence on the show.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    I was saying that ? last season when he started complaining, he's tripping. The characters already have they personalities and ? . Could you imagine Louis putting his hands on Jessica? ? , she would hit him.

The show is funny as ? and it's making tv more diverse and showing the Asian experience in America. He already wrote the book and it put all the deep stuff in there, let this show stand on its own.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    And he's still doing the narrating for the show. So idk man, I'm sure he went through some real ? . But you wrote the book, why would you want to relive that once a week for 22 minutes.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Hes on the Nightly Show tonight.