Options
    Blackish is already up on KAT.

Bout to watch now.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That Dre speech :'(
    That episode was well written touched on a lot of different things. I almost fell out when Ruby called Rainbow Rae Dawn Chong

She be throwing missiles "Lowkey"
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it, Black-Ish is the best show on tv right now hands down.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, anybody gotta log in so i can watch this ? online?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Easily the best episode they've ever done. That scene where Anthony Anderson talked about hope and that inauguration...? was too real

We forget to easy I remember we all thought he was going to get shot before he got in then somewhere in the first year like it was already a fact
    Didn't somebody try to blow him up with a grenade at inauguration
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @DWO

and anyone else here is a link to Blackish it is a streaming link just click proceed to video

http://vshare.eu/xumxf3cqhji2.html
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shots fired at ChiRaq

I know Spike Lee is salty somewhere
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This episode was on point. I don't care what else they do nothing will top this episode.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be the one to say:

This episode was forced and cringeworthy. The only person I was feeling 100% was Dre. Everyone else was either coonin mad hard or trying really really hard to be curious. I think this episode just wasn't executed great. Maybe I need to watch it again.

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be the one to say:

This episode was forced and cringeworthy. The only person I was feeling 100% was Dre. Everyone else was either coonin mad hard or trying really really hard to be curious. I think this episode just wasn't executed great. Maybe I need to watch it again.

im kinda leanin towards this as well..
    it was a good episode but not to the point ur woken up by ur family group chat butfuck ? of dawn because ur cousin thinks everyone should see it with their kids. lol
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you folks want to praise it thats ok. Just dont be mad when theres a difference of opinion. ? is childish and doesnt open up discussion.

Blackish has generally kept it pretty real despite being on ABC. This episode could have been better. Just to make sure I wasn't trippin I watched it again. My thoughts didnt change. Again, Dre.... keeping it raw, the only really conscious amongst the grownups and he kept being blocked from telling the kids the real. (The grandmother was a highlight tho) Bow was coonin to the max defending the legal system when she didnt have to. I get that she was tryin to make sure little children werent afraid of cops since they can't fully understand just yet but.... She played a little too much damage control (which is something that happens everyday) and constantly deflected Dre's stance all the way up til he had to shut her ass up. And than, ABC gave us some "We Shall Overcome... Some Day" ending. This episode could have sparked minds, they could have opened up more on the prison system or how the justice system REALLY isnt made for black folks. But they didnt.

Not to mention the montage at the end was unnecessary. How on a show titled "Blackish" do we get a montage of "Hope" that featured more white ppl than black ppl... that included a black kid dappin up a cop in full on riot gear. FOH
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo the mom on the show, tracy ellis ross, is irritating. She a borderline ? .
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally caught it. Dope ep!! Not many shows speaking on our behalf like this.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was a powerful ep

I don't recall The Cosby show ever going this deep....pause
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    If you folks want to praise it thats ok. Just dont be mad when theres a difference of opinion. ? is childish and doesnt open up discussion.

Blackish has generally kept it pretty real despite being on ABC. This episode could have been better. Just to make sure I wasn't trippin I watched it again. My thoughts didnt change. Again, Dre.... keeping it raw, the only really conscious amongst the grownups and he kept being blocked from telling the kids the real. (The grandmother was a highlight tho) Bow was coonin to the max defending the legal system when she didnt have to. I get that she was tryin to make sure little children werent afraid of cops since they can't fully understand just yet but.... She played a little too much damage control (which is something that happens everyday) and constantly deflected Dre's stance all the way up til he had to shut her ass up. And than, ABC gave us some "We Shall Overcome... Some Day" ending. This episode could have sparked minds, they could have opened up more on the prison system or how the justice system REALLY isnt made for black folks. But they didnt.

Not to mention the montage at the end was unnecessary. How on a show titled "Blackish" do we get a montage of "Hope" that featured more white ppl than black ppl... that included a black kid dappin up a cop in full on riot gear. FOH

i get your criticism, but in the context of the episode and show overall it doesn't really make sense. Bow wasn't coonin...she says in the scene with Dre's monologue about hope...it's not like she doesn't know the realities of the world she just wants to shield her children from that reality as long as she can. That's something alot of black parents struggle with daily. Also things have to be done in a way the kids can understand. The twins are playing kids 8 or so right? Realistically speaking that is too young to start breaking down the complexities of the criminal justice system. Hell adults barely understand it well enough to explain it or talk about it with each other, as evidenced by the things they showed when Dre talked about how his own parents couldn't/wouldn't explain it to him. It's a 22 minute tv show episode and it hit well on the points that it targeted. Try to fit too much in in that short amount of time and the message can get lost. For the point the writer wanted to get across, they got across which is at the end of the day you can't deny the reality of the world to your children, especially to black children, but there is a way to do it w/o killing their childhood
  • TheGOAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I like that they had the ? to go there and that part about Obama was 100.

? the whole 1st year of his presidency i was nervous watching him at all live appearances.

But this episode was not their "best ever"

It gets filed away in its own category along with other favorites such as "Carlton gets shot", "Smart Guy gets molested", & "Family Matter: Turn in your guns episode"
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

? the whole 1st year of his presidency i was nervous watching him at all live appearances.

It gets filed away in its own category along with other favorites such as "Carlton gets shot", "Smart Guy gets molested", & "Family Matter: Turn in your guns episode"

When did this happen?

• TheGOAT
    Options

When did this happen?

*attempted molestation

http://youtu.be/xRwpvRjh-Tw
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I be damn never knew that happened on smart guy
  • Desai
    Desai Members Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Options

The episode of Fresh Prince where Will and Carlton get pulled over for driving the Benz is there too. Carlton was in denial till the very end.