Jeb goes full Mitt Romney: Man of inherited wealth and power says

Options
desertrain10
desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
So on the campaign trail Jeb Bush recently had this to say:

"Think about it this way, Republicans get 4-7 percent of the African-American vote…If you double that, you win elections in Ohio, Virginia. And we should make that case, because our message is one of hope and aspiration. It isn’t one of division, “get in line, we’ll take care of you with free stuff.” Our message is uplifting, that says, “You can achieve earned success. We’re on your side.”

Or in other words...

“We’re on your side,” black voters, though we’re not sure you’ve really achieved “earned success.” You’ve been relying a little too much on “free stuff” from Democrats, but we’re here to change that.

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/25/jeb_goes_full_mitt_romney_man_of_inherited_wealth_and_power_says_african_americans_want_free_stuff/#comments

Smh

I guess Bush is referring to the right to vote, good schools, affordable housing, raise in the minimum wage, etc

Not like his proposed tax cuts for the wealthy can be considered gifts

They just don't get it

@zzombie

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Think about it this way, Republicans get 4-7 percent of the African-American vote…If you double that, you win elections in Ohio, Virginia. And we should make that case, because our message is one of hope and aspiration. It isn’t one of division, “get in line, we’ll take care of you with free stuff.” Our message is uplifting, that says, “You can achieve earned success. We’re on your side.”

Or in other words...

“We’re on your side,” black voters, though we’re not sure you’ve really achieved “earned success.” You’ve been relying a little too much on “free stuff” from Democrats, but we’re here to change that.

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/25/jeb_goes_full_mitt_romney_man_of_inherited_wealth_and_power_says_african_americans_want_free_stuff/#comments

Smh

I guess Bush is referring to the right to vote, good schools, affordable housing, raise in the minimum wage, etc

They just don't get it

@zzombie

I don't support bush but he like many republicans does make a good point in a bad way, living off of the government is not good for blacks and keep it real some black people really expect the government to take care of them
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Or in other words...

Smh

They just don't get it

@zzombie

I don't support bush but he like many republicans does make a good point in a bad way, living off of the government is not good for blacks and keep it real some black people really expect the government to take care of them

The only reason you're not supporting Bush is because you're supporting other racist ass republicans.....

I did not watch the whole debate but so far rubio has my vote
    i also like paul but he has no chance in hell of wining i don't think.
  • zzombie
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

Or in other words...

Smh

They just don't get it

@zzombie

The only reason you're not supporting Bush is because you're supporting other racist ass republicans.....

As much as i prefer libertarian policies I am not supporting paul either he's the wrong person to represent it.
    what proof do you have that marco rubio is racist???

Your white liberal slave masters has convinced you that conservative=racist and you are happy being their pets.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surprisingly a lot of people want to "get over" or subconsciously live off the govt for their lifetime
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most people who live off government are old and/or disabled, not necessarily black
  • zzombie
    edited September 2015
    Options

Or in other words...

Smh

They just don't get it

@zzombie

Who wants to live off the government forever?

And do we all not pay taxes?

Better yet did white America not benefit tremendously from our free labor for over 200 years???

Not to mention the government created the white middle class

Who wants to live off the government??? Those ? who spend their whole lives in the projects or on welfare that's who.

We all pay taxes but some people abuse the tax payers goodwill. Yes white America did benefit from free labor but that doesn't mean we have to support an attitude of entitlement. Like the government owes us something instead of trying to build ? to economically compete blacks have become wards of the government.

Yes the government did initially help build the white middle class but the private sector sustains it.

Blacks no longer have a private sector to sustain ourselves and we cannot compete in the mainstream private sector because of the foolish way we teach our children.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Entitlement represents what % of government spending?...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U should edit the title and OP so it gets right to the point lol: He thinks black people are out for free ? and Romney said the same some years ago

This has less to do with politics, more to do with the general way rich old white men view black people

• zzombie
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Entitlement represents what % of government spending?...

It was the attitude of entitlement I was speaking about that does more damage than the actual amount of money the government spends
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or in other words...

Smh

They just don't get it

@zzombie

As much as i prefer libertarian policies I am not supporting paul either he's the wrong person to represent it.

Your white liberal slave masters has convinced you that conservative=racist and you are happy being their pets.

no racist conservatives have convinced me that conservative=racist
  • zzombie
    edited September 2015
    Options

Or in other words...

Smh

They just don't get it

@zzombie

Who wants to live off the government forever?

And do we all not pay taxes?

Better yet did white America not benefit tremendously from our free labor for over 200 years???

Not to mention the government created the white middle class

Who wants to live off the government??? Those ? who spend their whole lives in the projects or on welfare that's who.

We all pay taxes but some people abuse the tax payers goodwill. Yes white America did benefit from free labor but that doesn't mean we have to support an attitude of entitlement. Like the government owes us something instead of trying to build ? to economically compete blacks have become wards of the government.

Yes the government did initially help build the white middle class but the private sector sustains it.

Blacks no longer have a private sector to sustain ourselves and we cannot compete in the mainstream private sector because of the foolish way we teach our children.

Blacks: "We want good schools. Jobs. Criminal justice reform. Higher wages. Affordable higher education, healthcare and housing"

Zzombie: "These ungrateful lazy jigga boos"

Meantime...

Whites: "We want affordable healthcare. Better schools. Jobs. Higher wages."

Senior citizens: " Don't touch our SS. And don't touch our Medicare..."

Government: Sure...

Zzombie: *silence*

The most ppl who benefit from government "handouts" are poor Whites and white seniors...not blks

And I have yet to see a large group of blks in the marching in the streets demanding that the government give them free money

CRIMINAL JUSTICE reform i can agree with you on that, the ending of the drug war i am with you on that it will cut government debt

higher min wages??? ? no the government should not be forcing businesses to pay what they cannot afford.

Social security should be privatized, yes there are pros and cons with this but the potential pros are greater than the cons.

BETTER SCHOOLS won't fix our education system you cannot spend money into a better education simply throwing tax payers money at schools won't do anything. creating a better student culture will fix our education system having better integration between public schools universities and the private sector will fix our education issues and nothing else.

if we just let the free market run with out all the red tape and a little help there would be no housing problems or at least it would be less of a problem.

HEALTHCARE??? this obama ? needs major change

• zzombie
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »

Or in other words...

Smh

They just don't get it

@zzombie

no racist conservatives have convinced me that conservative=racist

The positions you take are all moderately conservative.
  • zzombie
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @skpjr78

WE meaning the government is not going to invest their money they have to take personal responsibility and do it themselves the government should only facilitate this and make it easier to be done. A system using private accounts would be restricted to allow only low-risk investments so returns would be assured. In case if you have not noticed the stock market does not stay down for very long the long term tread is always up AND With personal accounts, retirees will see higher returns on their investment as it is now SS is not enough for the elderly poor.

I have no issue with allowing banks to fail as businesses or even breaking them up it just depends on how it's done and i am not a republican i am however a conservative.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    I love how in the past ... oh i don't know... since 2001 or so... no republican admits they're a republican outright.

they always gotta be like "i'm a tea partier" or "i'm a libertarian" or "i support the constitution" or "i'm an independent"

? you a republican just admit it.

Since Bush ruined the brand. Its been anything except Republican but they all vote Republican.
  • zzombie
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    I love how in the past ... oh i don't know... since 2001 or so... no republican admits they're a republican outright.

they always gotta be like "i'm a tea partier" or "i'm a libertarian" or "i support the constitution" or "i'm an independent"

? you a republican just admit it.

last time i voted it was for obama
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Social security should not be privatized.
    It should be the risk free return for pensioners. Can you imagine social security in this frenetic market?
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only minority Jeb Bush cares about are Latinos.