Bryson Tiller's Trap Soul Official Album thread

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I was sleeping on this album. I'm definitely ? with it.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album is disgusting smh

Straight fire, can relate to a couple of tracks
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this dude a industry plant? I never seem someone without no connections blow up this fast. He from Kentucky right? Is the nappy roots on this album?
  • infamous114
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    ^ The ? ?

I rarely social media was he buzzing before this came out? This is a legit question. I seen singers like August Alsina , Meguel, etc. Take years to buzz like Tiller doing. It's extremely impressive since he coming from Kentucky, which is a ghost a town in the industry.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His music fire and ? like him

Don't took a long ass time to really get going, similar to Trap Queen
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not too big on him vocally..at all. that kp and envy sampled song is pretty nice though.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    His music fire and ? like him

Don't took a long ass time to really get going, similar to Trap Queen

Fetty Wap is a good comparison I guess. But to be fair trap queen popped off from vine and white people.

Tiller surprised the ? out of me. I didn't realize how over this dude was. I don't listen to the radio (stay in GA) so when I seen his YouTube hits, and talking to my lady friends they told me how big this dude is.

Is he buzzing on vine? Do he have white fans? I know that's a very smart way to receive fast success.

Dude has awesome production so I'm sure his connections game is insane which is why I thought he was an industry plant. I never seen anything like this from rnb artist popping so fast.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf is an industry plant? And yes dude has been buzzing for a couple months before the album dropped since he linked with timbaland and was offered an ovo deal
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Wtf is an industry plant? And yes dude has been buzzing for a couple months before the album dropped since he linked with timbaland and was offered an ovo deal

Thanks fam that's all I was asking.

And a industry plant is when a artist blows up quick based on top tier industry connections that boost their promo, YouTube hits, social media, etc.

Post Malone (white Iverson) openly mentioned he was one. It's basically a under the table deal with record excecs or labels to invest in an artist and grab a huge portion of their earnings.

Anytime a artist blows up HUGE ( couple months is fast af bruh) then they may be a industry plant. Their rare exceptions (dance crazes (hit the quan) , cult movements (odd future), etc.) But Tiller top notch production along tells me he had some under the table help. It's not easy to buzz this big from Kentucky.
  • Bookworm
    Bookworm Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »

Thanks fam that's all I was asking.

And a industry plant is when a artist blows up quick based on top tier industry connections that boost their promo, YouTube hits, social media, etc.

Post Malone (white Iverson) openly mentioned he was one. It's basically a under the table deal with record excecs or labels to invest in an artist and grab a huge portion of their earnings.

Anytime a artist blows up HUGE ( couple months is fast af bruh) then they may be a industry plant. Their rare exceptions (dance crazes (hit the quan) , cult movements (odd future), etc.) But Tiller top notch production along tells me he had some under the table help. It's not easy to buzz this big from Kentucky.

He dropped his first mixtape in 2011. Don't was released on Soundcloud since 2014. He's been around for a while but I think he was on a hiatus for a couple of years.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To me his music sounds just like Drake (Take Care era) minus the rapping. He took that sound and repackaged it as "trap soul." He may be more vocally talented but I don't enjoy his music quite as much.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i slept on this ? .

some songs on this ? can relate to
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is straight flames! Was having drinks with some friends and this album played, got us all lit
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    He's obviously heavily influenced by Drake, but the album's pretty solid.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    His voice is terrible. I like a couple songs tho
    *shrug
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terrible though ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    He did it to himself.. naming the ? trap soul with no damn soul
  • infamous114
    Options
    Overtime is my ? right now.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Been in heavy rotation lately
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So i sat with this album for awhile bc everybody was talking about how good it was. But i honestly don't like it. I listened over and over again, but just couldn't get wit it
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not bad...I never heard of dude before today.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? jams. Exchange damn near had me calling all my ex's ? tryna get back with they ass.
  • layup23
    layup23 Members Posts: 43
    Options
    album has like 2 decent songs