OFFICIAL 2015-2016 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They just got Brandon Knight back and been competitive since he got back they'll win at a better rate.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want Brandon Ingram hearing he's a KD-lite type... I'm all in on him
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm happy that Russell has begun to prove me wrong. Julius really needs to spend the offseason working on his mental approach to the game. I hope Big Game takes him under his wing for the entire summer. I think next season will be Clarkson's real break out season.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I want Brandon Ingram hearing he's a KD-lite type... I'm all in on him

I've watched very little college basketball this year, but when I did see Ingram play he didn't crash the boards and didn't put much effort into defense. Was this an anomaly or is that the kinda player he is?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    This might sound unimaginable but check me out for a sec... If Jim and Mitch only have 1 more year to right ship and prove to Jeanie that the Lakers will be back in contention of a championship by the timeline Jim said, then this is the offseason to make the biggest Power Play of all time then I say..

We firing B. Scott off the rip and we go get Luke Walton or Thibs if need be... We are well equipped with young talent that doesn't affect our salary cap situation in anyway and could fill key spots with better talent around them.. Go and swing for the fences and go after Lebron and Durant, it seems highly impossible until you look at the picture...

D Russell and the kids could look like stars with James and Durant.... We have 50-60 in cap room with a top 2 pick to make even more noise while fitting in both their max deals and getting some additional help in whatever holes we need to fill inside on the the perimeter... It's gonna take a Lebron and Durant superpower to take out this Warriors dynasty that's in process... James is the perfect equivalent to play with a Durant and James would actually have the clout to lead Durant a la how Wade led James in Miami
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This might sound unimaginable but check me out for a sec... If Jim and Mitch only have 1 more year to right ship and prove to Jeanie that the Lakers will be back in contention of a championship by the timeline Jim said, then this is the offseason to make the biggest Power Play of all time then I say..

We firing B. Scott off the rip and we go get Luke Walton or Thibs if need be... We are well equipped with young talent that doesn't affect our salary cap situation in anyway and could fill key spots with better talent around them.. Go and swing for the fences and go after Lebron and Durant, it seems highly impossible until you look at the picture...

D Russell and the kids could look like stars with James and Durant.... We have 50-60 in cap room with a top 2 pick to make even more noise while fitting in both their max deals and getting some additional help in whatever holes we need to fill inside on the the perimeter... It's gonna take a Lebron and Durant superpower to take out this Warriors dynasty that's in process... James is the perfect equivalent to play with a Durant and James would actually have the clout to lead Durant a la how Wade led James in Miami

LMAO, i was just thinking this too. Especially after the whole Lebron Twitter ? started.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    This ? over here want to link up with Melo, Cp3, and Wade now... Might as well set him and Durant up lol
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats this im hearing about D angelo snitching on Nick Young?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Whats this im hearing about D angelo snitching on Nick Young?

Leave that ? out of basketball talk
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let just say we can't get whiteside in free agency who's the other center you guys would like to see us target
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    Let just say we can't get whiteside in free agency who's the other center you guys would like to see us target

Idk I dont think it matters we just need to try and bring in a good player at any position IMO.

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this pick gonna be trade bait .... Mitch tone at exit interviews gave me that vibe !

only disgruntled stars I see being worth the pick is Jimmy Butler or Boogie. and just the pick alone wouldn't be enuff.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Man, i really don't want Boogie on the team. Its no fun rooting for a crazy person, trust me, i already feel this pain rooting for Diego Costa (Chelsea, Soccer).
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Sucks we did not go after Tom Thibodeau.... SMH
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thibs runs his teams into the ground though.. Very Good coach and of course would have made us better but I dunno if he would have quite got us to championship level.

I've been hearing Byron is staying another year and then going after Luke Walton after that cuz he's staying with GSW for another year cuz Steve Kerr isn't all the way out of the woods with his health situation and Luke doesn't wanna leave the team until he's 100%.

Not that I'm sure of Luke being the definitive answer either. Almost anybody could look good coaching that warriors team.
  • DaBull
    Options
    Derozen is not a bad pickup, we all know he is not a number 1 option, but i think he is a solid number 2 option. you cant get everyone at once, so i'm fine if we offer him a deal this summer,
    The money is not a big deal cuz we literally have $60 million in cap space
    I still dont see why he would leave Toronto tho
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope we go after Harrison Barnes. At the least you get a championship caliber 3 and D, glue guy. Mario Chalmers would be a good look too, Russell needs that veteran point guard presence around him.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Luke or Ollie?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    I'm proud to bring to Laker nation the best news we had in years, Byron Scott is done as coach of the Lakers... Pop a bottle nation this is our chip... Go get Luke now!
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Durant is the cherry but Whiteside and Derozen with a B. Ingram would be sexy n/h... Luke Walton giving us an offensive ID we got life now
  • DaBull
    Options
    what a great day !!
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young college coach Shaka smart. Something similar to what Boston did.
    What do u guys think about that
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think you attract star veteran FA's with him.

• DaBull
    Options
    coaches have nothing to do with attracting star FA, unless you have Pop, Phil, or Riley coaching .....and only 1 of them is currently a coach.

the young core is gonna be the best selling point. as well as the fact that we can bring in 2 max players
  • DaBull
    edited April 2016
    Options
    so how would yall rank the available guys on the market ?

I'm not even counting KD cuz his is in a diff league ....

Derozan
    Hassan
    Horford (doesn't really mesh with Randle)
    Barnes
    Batum