Leftovers season 2?

Options
L.O.S.T.
L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
Season 2 of Leftovers started last night. Anyone watch it?

Comments

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just started watching season 1, and I don't think it's boring. Like it so far.
  • L.O.S.T.
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    This show is boring as ? and did all of season 1.

That intro to season 2 was crazy tho.

I don't think it's boring. I'm not sure where it's going and the season 1 finale was insane
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is ? up and makes very little sense. It's like Lost.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know what the ? was going on in the first 10 mins but I'm once again locked in to this mindfuck of a show.
    I don't get the "boring" talk. Every episode is very well written, directed and the cast is on point. They doubled down on an already dope cast for season 2 with Regina King and Kevin Carroll. It can be annoying to watch since its pretty clear whats happening but its never defined (and most likely won't be) its just being presented as a situation. But that's what also makes it dope. IMO.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yeah.Loved it.This show is great to me.I ? on it until I really paid attention.It sets a real miserable tone I love.

Okay.So I got a few theories about the beginning scene.It's an allegory and it's literal maybe.

It's like the cycle of life and death.Her ppl die,she gives birth to life,then after seeing a bird she eats a baby bird,but a snake tries to ? her baby and she gets bit and dies,then another lady takes the baby.

It could be that that baby is like the baby kevin has and it's season 1 explained,or that that baby is related to somebody in the story.

On a literal side this town still has quakes where ppl die/disappear.

Evie is a flirt.I bet Mr Goodheart will be important.

Anyway John ain't ? .He been not ? since he robbed Ace in Paid In Full.He did Eddie Winslow ? .He wrong for giving Nora that pie.

His wife may be able to bring things back to life.I think she put a dead bird in the box and it was alive when she opened it again.

I think this town may be lying about no departures.Maybe when new ppl come to Miracle somebody else vanishes and they have kept it hidden and made money off of that.I also think that they may do like Mormons and switch families when ppl vanish.

I think John's job is to keep the lie a secret along with all officials in the town.

IDK what that goat ? was.IDK whay that lady was mowing her lawn in a wedding dress.

Evie naked.Cool.She's over 18 in real life so she's fair game.IDK what that was.

The preacher gave Matt the wrap It up speech and John checked him like "? if you saying this ? is cured you crazy,she's a vegetable" That's what I took from it.

So John is a killer huh.He letting Kevin know.

Evie does the same ? kevin does when he spaces out.Kevin hit his head when you hear that noise in the back when Nora answered the door for John.

I wonder if John is the twins' father.He was in jail when they were 5.It said he did over 6 yrs,but he could have gotten her pregnant right before he went to jail.

IDK wusup with the dude in the tower.IDK wusup with John's son visiting the chief from 21 Jump St. to pray.

Damn,Evie is gone.Either she departed,ran away,or Mr. Goodheart is a serial killer.

I thought maybe nobody else heard the cricket John heard,but maybe it was real because in the end I guess his wife heard it.I think Wvie killed the cricket and put it in abox and Erika made it come back to life while grieving,but I could be wrong.

The regulars will be back in the next few eps.

• Will Munny
    Options
    A lot of my job is collecting water samples.

Never in my line of work have girls swam up to me and flirted with me.

But old ? men have propositioned me in city parks.

? my life.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Just caught up with this. Great season opener, ass and ? everywhere. 1st episode was nice, had that weird ass wtf is going on feeling like the 1st season. But cranked it up a bit more. LOL at theo cosby getting thrown out the window and his house getting burned down. I really want to know whats wrong with dude.

Episode 2 was good. So far the pace is >>>> season one. I love how they were telling different stories last season. This season they seem to be doing point of views. I loved the new angle they brought up about the vanishings not being "divine". I had a feeling that this ? is not the rapsure(however you spell that ? ). I seriously hope this ? is aliens or just some unexplained phenomenon that rarely happens.

This show could end up being G.O.A.T! H.B.O stay creating great shows. The preacher episode in season one was powerful as ? . As soon as you were about to go to sleep on that ? it started to get interesting as ? . I really felt bad for his situation by the end. ? almost brought a tear to my eye. It made you really want cuzzo to win, but after he took that L.....................
    trey-o.gif
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Damn. This season is going in so far.

• Will Munny
    Options
    damn, so the kid putting on a total act with the holy lil wayne ?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    um. I stopped watchin after season 1 episode 3. ? was super boring imo. But see season 2 is getting great reviews so far. and I've read they have switched up the show alil.

So my question is. Do you have to watch season 1 to understand WTF goin on in season 2? or can you jus pick it up in season 2?
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    um. I stopped watchin after season 1 episode 3. ? was super boring imo. But see season 2 is getting great reviews so far. and I've read they have switched up the show alil.

So my question is. Do you have to watch season 1 to understand WTF goin on in season 2? or can you jus pick it up in season 2?

Episode 3 was one of the better episodes of the season. That was the one about Matt the reverend right? If you weren't feeling for dude after that episode...
    Maybe its not for some of y'all. I can't call it.

To answer your question... no you can't. At some point at least some of the mind ? ? they had going in season 1 gotta come back.
  • L.O.S.T.
    Options
    One thing I have a question about. The MIT professors think people disappeared by location but that can't be true because ole girl in season one was pregnant and her baby departed out of her stomach
  • loch121
    Options
    This ep was wild.

So will they catch her for running over those GR members?

LOL she attacked that dude.

The end had me confused for a minute.They are doing that to give them something to believe in.

Wayne was a fake and dude is a fake too.
  • loch121
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    One thing I have a question about. The MIT professors think people disappeared by location but that can't be true because ole girl in season one was pregnant and her baby departed out of her stomach

Where they lived is obviously one of the locations
  • Will Munny
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    This ep was wild.

The end had me confused for a minute.They are doing that to give them something to believe in.

I can't remember, did they end up showing that Wayne was actually a fake?

I do think the kid is a fake tho, he's just doing it to give the folks something to believe in, otherwise they will fall back to the smoker cult.

I hate the smoker folks tho. Guilty Remnant can get bent.
  • loch121
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    This ep was wild.

I can't remember, did they end up showing that Wayne was actually a fake?

I do think the kid is a fake tho, he's just doing it to give the folks something to believe in, otherwise they will fall back to the smoker cult.

I hate the smoker folks tho. Guilty Remnant can get bent.

It was left open,but Wayne said something like "I think I might be a fraud" before he got killed

Also he was messing with underage girls and getting them pregnant so it males it seem like it was fake.

I don't hate the GR,they actually have some points,they're just twisted.

What old girl and her son is doing is just as bad.

I really didn't pick up on why they did that until I read a review.I thought they were just being scammers.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited October 2015
    Options
    LOL the cops wife was trill as ? . She don't give one single ? anymore. I love how each episode starts out hella slow and have you wondering wtf is this episode about. Then like 20 minutes in ? start getting real!!!

1. She casually told cuzzo she was gonna pay her rent when she got the money
    2. Ran up in dude crib and stole her computer back right out of his sons hands lol.
    3. Ran over the smoker cult with no ? given(she implied later in the episode that it wasn't the 1st time lol)
    4. Pulled a latrell sprewell on the guy who was gonna publish her book
    Will Munny wrote: »
    damn, so the kid putting on a total act with the holy lil wayne ?

We don't really know if that ? is fake or not. The left that for u to decide. Dude was crazy but it looked like he might have been on to something. If you noticed, a lot of people in this show are like that. The cops father seeing ghost and knowing ? he aint supposed to know. The fat lady who killed herself that was with the smoker cult knowing that the vanishings were going to happen. The preacher getting super lucky after he hit his lowest point, etc etc.

This ep was wild.

Bruh!, nobody gives a ? about them. Did you see what they did last season? The cop walked in that ? and confessed to kidnapping and hiding a body. The police was like"............so.........why should we care?"
    marc123 wrote: »

Bruh, you sound like all of us. It starts off ? slow and it gets more crazy as you go on. You will appreciate the ? out of the slow boring episodes by the end. It starts to pick up on like the 4th episode. When you see the preacher episode you will see the g.o.a.t potential of this show.
  • loch121
    Options
    The show got real meta with the argument she had with the book guy.Those are the complaints critics have for the show.
  • WholeLottaGangSyht
    WholeLottaGangSyht Members Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Options
    this season is fire
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    I'm guessing the preacher episodes is gonna be G.O.A.T every time. ? damn at him constantly taking the hugest L's. Did this ? learn nothing from last season about getting out and helping people on the side of the road post rapture? LOL at people thinking he smashed while she was still in a vegetable state. That drain pip ? had to be his lowest point. I did not see that coming lol.

? damn that camp is ? crazy. When I seen fat half naked dude with the cowboy hat I was done!!! lol!!!!

cuzzo got shot by eddie winslow for popping ? lol. He burned his house down and then went to his apartment to go whoop his ass some more. I bet dude had another kid that vanished and he don't want to acknowledge it happened.

I'm still tipping off last episode when dude just walked right up in the middle of church and slit the goats throat. Then just walked out like nothing happened.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Matt kept ? all the way G. (Cept for taking his handicapped pregnant wife down a drain smmfh matt) I hope he beats johns ass when he get out them shackles, something tells me john gonna be taking his place tho. That ? John a professional diabolical hater.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Matt kept ? all the way G. (Cept for taking his handicapped pregnant wife down a drain smmfh matt) I hope he beats johns ass when he get out them shackles, something tells me john gonna be taking his place tho. That ? John a professional diabolical hater.

LOL bruh, whatever happened to him it must have been traumatizing. Bruh been on edge and paranoid since he popped up. He playing the hell out of his role though.

Something happened in that town and nobody's talking about it. It seems like people want to say something but cuzzo and the rest of the powerful people in town seem to be keeping a lid on it. I mean a black fireman chief who got pull with the police and every other force in town.............in ? texas........... Yeah, something definitely aint right.

H.B.O need to promote this show more. One of the best shows on t.v right now. I like how it starts out real slow and slowly gets better and better. It makes you think and come up with all kinds of theories.
  • L.O.S.T.
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    that fireman dude is such an ? .
    Makes me wonder how he got out of prison and comes home to be a fireman. A very influential fireman.
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Last episode was slower compared to the first four...next week is looking to be epic though.
  • L.O.S.T.
    Options
    I thought this was the best episode of the series. Great acting and answered a few of the questions I had