Bunch of random topics and questions on perspectives

Options
luke1733
luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
Chicago Radio show I tuned into and figured these are 2 dudes trying to make it that have a funny perspective worth hearing.
Both have children, 1 is still with his wife and has 3 young kids. The other is a father that's there for his kid but doesn't live with him.
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=2 dads 1 mic

Questions on All hip Hop for us to speak on in this thread (that resemble what these dudes are talking on are) if anyone will write something:

1.What was it like for you growing up in school? Who were you in high school & elementary? What was easy what was hard? Parents divorce, skipped a grade, suspended, made bad grades? What made you come into you and your ways? What are your ways? Do people see you for how you see yourself or do they differ?

2. How do you use the "game" or what do you think about it?

3.Do we as men need to rethink our macho persona and reconsider or find value in vulnerability?

4.Has dating changed any of your previous views on women (or for the 2 girls on AHH--men?)?

5.What are the double standards that women expect of men but don't put on themselves?

6.Was your Dad present in your life and how did he effect you?

I'll answer some of these questions as short as I can in a little while.
But that's what this thread is about. Here's a link to 2 dads 1 mic.

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=2 dads 1 mic

Comments

• SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    1.What was it like for you growing up in school? Who were you in high school & elementary? What was easy what was hard? Parents divorce, skipped a grade, suspended, made bad grades? What made you come into you and your ways? What are your ways? Do people see you for how you see yourself or do they differ?

Move around alot, went to 3 diff. Elementary schools. On in NY, one in downtown charleston, and one in north charleston. Needless to say ? was culture shock after culture shock. It wasnt hard of nothin, just i talked different and would think different from everyone else. Knew some spanish cause of mixed classes in NY. And charleston folks tend to not think past "they're" hood.

Middle school was straight, first year in the 6th grade, got put into a 6th grade class on the 8th grade wing. So come 7th grade, i aint really know nobody, but previous friends and cats that was in my class.

Got the ? outta there, said ? a graduation ceremony. Wasnt big on that ? , couple years later smashed a chick that back then i thought aint een know me. She brought up me skipping the ceremony, i smashed thoro..goat me. Highschool got one good year in of 9th grade.

Round 10th estranged mother asked me to come to bmore. Ended up in jersey...like 5 to 6 years of ? ? . Fast foward...im out of school doing my dizzle dolo. Made a ? load of enemies and mistakes.

At some point, after finally geting "my" heart broken for the first time. After doing so much ? wit no regard to others feelings. Guess i had a awakening. Started to think and act more unselfishly. People who been down since day one see a big change in how i get down. Im happy for that.

From now on its just peace, man. Straight like that, too much ? can be right. For a ? to walk around and only focus on whats wrong.
  • luke1733
    edited October 2015
    Options
    1. At first I was considered cool from about 1st grade through 5th grade and had ppl trying to hang out with me b/c I had an older brother and sister and was popular and could fight and was athletic. I always kept it quiet I got good grades, until the school told my parents about wanting to skip me. That ? changed my life. It started the loner/outcast version of me and the ? the ego side.
    More fights, all my cool points were lost, friends disappeared, all of a sudden became a short dude cause everyone else was entering their growth spurts in the 6th grade (only went to 5th grade for 1month). Hard to deal with.
    High school, parents wouldn't let me go to the HS in my district bc they didnt like my friends and surroundings, so I had to travel 50minutes away to another high school that was50% black high school. I regained status, but never The Man again, just a dude who was cool; pulled some women, shot some films, a couple of fights won, played on AAA basketball teams. Went to 2 different high schools. As soon as I was cool at one, I went to another (98% black high school) and had to start all over.

2. I really don't use the game. It annoys me, so I usually am upfront with folks (even though I am aware how I could switch my words and actions to sell them on what I want them to agree with me on; I just don't do it).

3. I think the macho persona without being in touch with listening to someone and being responsible and just exist without ALWAYS having to be "on" or witty, or cool, or macho or plotting is getting lost. I blame women raising men for this and men making it so women would have to raise a man by themselves.
    4. Dating hasn't really changed my perspective on women. I think leaving the country definitely let me see that women around the world didn't all act like American women.
    5. Women right now expect for men to put everything into the relationship OR if you don't then you better be catering to them (humor, cool, extreme good looks, money) or something on that end. Then in reverse, women want a man to accept them for who they are at their worst. Good about these women is they're willing to stay committed, bad about some of them is they have no idea how to be likeable (start intriguing conversations, have a personality, enjoy 1-on-1 time when nobody has to say ? , agree with you, read a book or watch something educational and entertaining to bring to the table, not be someone's mother while still being cool and stand side to side with their man. CAn't blame them on the point made, cause again, men are to blame for a lot of that so.....)

That's it for me.
  • luke1733
    Options

Move around alot, went to 3 diff. Elementary schools. On in NY, one in downtown charleston, and one in north charleston. Needless to say ? was culture shock after culture shock. It wasnt hard of nothin, just i talked different and would think different from everyone else. Knew some spanish cause of mixed classes in NY. And charleston folks tend to not think past "they're" hood.

Middle school was straight, first year in the 6th grade, got put into a 6th grade class on the 8th grade wing. So come 7th grade, i aint really know nobody, but previous friends and cats that was in my class.

Got the ? outta there, said ? a graduation ceremony. Wasnt big on that ? , couple years later smashed a chick that back then i thought aint een know me. She brought up me skipping the ceremony, i smashed thoro..goat me. Highschool got one good year in of 9th grade.

Round 10th estranged mother asked me to come to bmore. Ended up in jersey...like 5 to 6 years of ? ? . Fast foward...im out of school doing my dizzle dolo. Made a ? load of enemies and mistakes.

At some point, after finally geting "my" heart broken for the first time. After doing so much ? wit no regard to others feelings. Guess i had a awakening. Started to think and act more unselfishly. People who been down since day one see a big change in how i get down. Im happy for that.

From now on its just peace, man. Straight like that, too much ? can be right. For a ? to walk around and only focus on whats wrong.

Good stuff. It's always interesting how folk wanna talk on themselves, but on threads like this nobody wants to be that first one to reveal ? . IDK, enjoyed the reading though. See where people come from who they are to themselves.