What are your ultimate relationship goals?

Options
LPast
LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
Simple question. I know some of y'all are waiting to slip, fall, and bump your head into a Disney movie, but what is your actual goal?

What are your ultimate relationship goals? 53 votes

Marriage (1+1)
43%
gorillabull6599yellowtapesporttexas409jonoMancfortyacres2stepz_aheadobnoxiouslyfreshbdbdbdspit_fiyaLPastKing EraunoYoung_ChitlinLou CypherStillFaggyAF32DaysOfInfinitiLUClENAZTGAggieLean. 23 votes
Lifetime Bachelor/Bachelorette
1%
Ubuntu1 1 vote
Lifetime relationship without marriage
11%
Africa UnitedineedpussySOWETOCabana_Da_DonAristo_V300Trillfate 6 votes
Polygamy
13%
blakfyahkingCapitalBMoneyPowerRespect5 GrandChillaDaGawdBedStuythe dukester 7 votes
Undecided
30%
MrMinimalist[Deleted User]S2J  Colin$mackabi$hwillhustleaneed123Stewdallas' 4 evaIlike2get bakedTheBoyRomanofmorehouseRue_FlexingtonKatRubato GarciaThereal_baSolemnSauce 16 votes

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Undecided
    ? ? and try to stay disease free b
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage (1+1)
    I'mma get married and have a wholeheap of kids running around
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage (1+1)
    Ima get married and live off her paychecks. Word.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love my wife and marriage, but I'll acknowledge that monogamy and marriage is not for everyone.

It takes time and patience and much compromise.

I can understand why people don't want marriage, but a lifetime of polygamy isn't as realistic as many might think as libido and testosterone reduces with age so does a man's sex drive.

Have fun in your 20s, 30s, and even 40s but after that Mother Nature is likely to take its course and slow you down on smashing random trim unless you popping pills or something all the time.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided
    Kinda out of my hands. I got a high standard and these ? either wanna settle too soon, not quick witted enough, too bougie, got kids, cant handle my honesty, or all the above.

I've made 3 women I barely know cry in the last month. All i do is listen and be blunt its a gift and a curse. But once they open up too soon

smtimduncanokthatsenuf.png
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lifetime relationship at some point. Be that marriage or not. I don't really care one way or the other about marriage so it's whatever.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage (1+1)
    ? does say 'ultimately'

*shrugs*
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not to have any, just to live in physical, spiritual and emotional unity with my woman
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided
    Just live..who knows where it will take me.

I'm not pressed about the issue.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those are not relationship goals but whatever

simple for me....I just wanna stay healthy and raise this family and be that union at the top of it all like old grandparents used to be

other than that I told my old lady we just gone travel and get fat together once the kids gone.....im eatin every damn thang, everywhere....and gettin the t-shirt....and im good

• MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Polygamy
    I've been waiting for this.

I don't believe in 1+1..
    I need my space.
    I love my time to myself and I love kids.

As long as I find a couple that's already established and can handle my child, then I'd be straight.

The village concept is cool with me as long as we all work together for our kids. I don't see jealousy being a factor as long as everyone knows their role.

But I do know that a lot of people don't agree with it and that's OK.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided
    To ? women and not accept they Baggage. I got enough problems....
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lifetime relationship without marriage

I don't believe in 1+1..
    I need my space.

As long as I find a couple that's already established and can handle my child, then I'd be straight.

The village concept is cool with me as long as we all work together for our kids. I don't see jealousy being a factor as long as everyone knows their role.

Wow u actually wanna be a sister-wife? word to Lauren London
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lifetime Bachelor/Bachelorette
    I don't have any and none of the women I am or could be attracted to would be attracted to me. I would like to have either friends with benefits or sex/cuddle/kissing buddies (one or multiple) but I'm not interested in a committed romantic relationship.
    a lifetime of polygamy isn't as realistic as many might think as libido and testosterone reduces with age so does a man's sex drive.

That might be true but you can have sex well into old age. In fact, I think there are health reasons to have sex regularly but in moderation, especially for men. You could make the same argument against monogamous marriage if you were assuming that relationships were about sex alone.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Polygamy
    Trillfate wrote: »

I don't believe in 1+1..
    I need my space.

In all honesty, I don't believe in 'soulmates'.
    I believe in honesty and trust.
    And I don't trust anything.

At least in a polygamous relationship, everything is upfront. Idc who else comes in, she'll have to get down or lay down.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't believe in 1+1..
    I need my space.

You are truly rare. I commend you for keeping your options open.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage (1+1)

I don't believe in 1+1..
    I need my space.

At least in a polygamous relationship, everything is upfront. Idc who else comes in, she'll have to get down or lay down.

1. I mostly agree with your soulmate angle.

2.Your choice seems a bit defensive of your own feelings. Sounds like you need protection...

I was watching Big Love on Amazon and its interesting how the 3 wives interact with each other...

I say all that to say this. As long as you are dealing with people, jealousy will always play a factor. You can't avoid it. And people will always lie. Just because a man may have 3 wives doesn't mean everything will be upfront.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't believe in 1+1..
    I need my space.

lol... there is absolutely nothing inherently upfront or honest about polygamy... lol
    ppl are who they are.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Marriage (1+1)
    Im getting married soon.

Im convinced she is perfect and I wont be able to find anyone better, nor, would I have the patience to get in another relationship and try to build again.

With that said, im terrified of the next step. Its not her, its commitment. Man how the ? do yall do it? Married folk, help me out.

I love her, wanna be with her, but a commitment that last forver? Scaring the ? out me.

I been making my girl jump through hoops. Last thing was she gotta have x amount of money saved before we even plan the next step. She did that too. Im out of hoops. I bought a ring, gonna propose in the next week or so.

Scared shitless man. Commitment ? me up.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Im getting married soon.

Im convinced she is perfect and I wont be able to find anyone better, nor, would I have the patience to get in another relationship and try to build again.

With that said, im terrified of the next step. Its not her, its commitment. Man how the ? do yall do it? Married folk, help me out.

I love her, wanna be with her, but a commitment that last forver? Scaring the ? out me.

I been making my girl jump through hoops. Last thing was she gotta have x amount of money saved before we even plan the next step. She did that too. Im out of hoops. I bought a ring, gonna propose in the next week or so.

You ain't ready, my ? .

But this is coming from a non-married ? , so take it how you wanna take it. Lol.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Im getting married soon.

You ain't ready, my ? .

But this is coming from a non-married ? , so take it how you wanna take it. Lol.

no such thing as ready bro....

just some Emmit at the goal line jump, flip, and dont know where the ? you gone land type ?
  • HafBayked
    Options

I don't believe in 1+1..
    I need my space.

We're currently taking applications for a live in "substitute"

how old is said child?
  • mryounggun
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    Im getting married soon.

You ain't ready, my ? .

just some Emmit at the goal line jump, flip, and dont know where the ? you gone land type ?

I dunno if I agree or disagree, bro. I that can be said about parenthood - in terms of you're never really READY. But I think marriage is different. Sounds like dude is just proposing because he feels like that's what he supposed to do next. I dunno.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    Im getting married soon.

You ain't ready, my ? .

I dunno if I agree or disagree, bro. I that can be said about parenthood - in terms of you're never really READY. But I think marriage is different. Sounds like dude is just proposing because he feels like that's what he supposed to do next. I dunno.

all im saying is I dont think there is ever a time in a man's life when he's absolutely positive he'll be good with one ? til the end of the road....you can be "ready" in a lot of other ways but I think thats always the biggest scare of it all
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Im getting married soon.

You ain't ready, my ? .

all im saying is I dont think there is ever a time in a man's life when he's absolutely positive he'll be good with one ? til the end of the road....you can be "ready" in a lot of other ways but I think thats always the biggest scare of it all

The bolded is where a lot of ? fail. Being 'good' with one ? the rest of your life means that you can not ? other women, to me. For some ? , it means that they don't ever WANT to ? another woman. That's where I think the problem is. That's just not realistic.