The New Definition of ?

Options
_God_
_God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know in discussions amongst black ppl , we like to be precise with racial slurs that refer to us. On the IC , I see a lot of instances where a poster tries to correct another poster on the definition of a slur. A lot of times it comes from posters who have been around nothing but "black" and "white" ppl their whole lives.

I see the uproar over the word "? " now as if there is an official racial slur dictionary. A ? is a black person who denounces their alleigance to the black race, speaks up against another black person in public, an ignorant black person, a black person you don't like

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Traitor also works fine as well.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally don't think it's a good idea for us to call each other ? . But I'll play along

A person of African/American decent who is purposely ignorant of what's going on around them when it comes to our culture whether it be the negatives and positives.

Having self hatred because of the physical features that we are born with

Having absolutely no physical, mental or spiritual attraction towards another African/American AND STRICTLY dating or marrying outside the African/American culture.

Believing negative stereotypes that are giving to us.
  • _God_
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    I personally don't think it's a good idea for us to call each other ? . But I'll play along

A person of African/American decent who is purposely ignorant of what's going on around them when it comes to our culture whether it be the negatives and positives.

Having absolutely no physical, mental or spiritual attraction towards another African/American AND STRICTLY dating or marrying outside the African/American culture.

I def feel what you say about calling each other ? but every point you made are major. Our biggest enemy as black ppl are other black people, we have to start acknowledging that with this whole black lives matter thing
  • goldenja
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »

I def feel what you say about calling each other ? but every point you made are major. Our biggest enemy as black ppl are other black people, we have to start acknowledging that with this whole black lives matter thing

it's real out here
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I disagree 1000%

The enemy is the same enemy that brought us here on slave ships and have not altered one iota the ways in which they treat Blacks.

Our brethren are indeed guilty of treason but I get it, it is a survival tactic, born out of fear and ignorance of our oppressors.

• Ajackson17
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

I disagree 1000%

The enemy is the same enemy that brought us here on slave ships and have not altered one iota the ways in which they treat Blacks.

Our brethren are indeed guilty of treason but I get it, it is a survival tactic, born out of fear and ignorance of our oppressors.

If you can't defeat the enemy inside your heart you ain't defeating no physical enemy.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

I disagree 1000%

If you can't defeat the enemy inside your heart you ain't defeating no physical enemy.

Most don't know that the TRUE enemy is even attacking their hearts. And that goes for the ones that have a little bit of sense.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

I disagree 1000%

Most don't know that the TRUE enemy is even attacking their hearts. And that goes for the ones that have a little bit of sense.

Knowing yourself first and knowing your enemy second is the most important. Study Sun Tzu. We lacked both and so the enemy was our unprepared mentality.
  • _God_
    Options

I disagree 1000%

Let me rephrase that, other black people are our first enemy , but I do feel like other black ppls oppression is stronger and more potent than the ppl who brought us here. The ppl who brought us here has their oppression on cruise control, if other cooperated we could easily defeat the oppression
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most people don't know the difference between a ? and a uncle tom
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I disagree 1000%

Let me rephrase that, other black people are our first enemy , but I do feel like other black ppls oppression is stronger and more potent than the ppl who brought us here. The ppl who brought us here has their oppression on cruise control, if other cooperated we could easily defeat the oppression

I still disagree. I can't accept another Black Person being my enemy before the very people who have crafted American society as we know it. I see my own as ignorant and I am experienced enough to know I have to safeguard me and mine from all threats. However, I just can't bring wrap my brain around that concept. I am too well versed in American History and World History.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

I disagree 1000%

I agree that however misguided some black folks are, they are not the main enemy. But it's stupid to say that white people haven't changed "one iota" in the way they treat blacks. That comment betrays profound ignorance of black history. You cannot be serious.
  • goldenja
    Options
    Most people don't know the difference between a ? and a uncle tom

okay, then speak on it @southsil4lil
  • A Talented One
    Options
    As for this '? ' stuff, a ? cannot be understood as a black person who..
    speaks up against another black person in public, an ignorant black person, a black person you don't like

You cannot be serious b. If I speak up against Don Lemon in public, am I a ? ? Is every ignorant black person a ? ? No.

Your definition really doesn't help things.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I disagree 1000%

I agree that however misguided some black folks are, they are not the main enemy. But it's stupid to say that white people haven't changed "one iota" in the way they treat blacks. That comment betrays profound ignorance of black history. You cannot be serious.

You do realize that the 50% + Black Men in prison are slaves?

You do realize the income disparities between Blacks and Whites is nearly unchanged in 40+ years?

You do realize their is still segregated (ALL WHITE) communities in the US?

You do realize that Blacks according to the Constitution are not full human beings?

I could continue but I believe I have made my point abundantly clear.

So, while some laws have changed because, of the tremendous work done by Blacks. Whites are mentally unchanged since the days of the slaves ships. Stop forcing yourself to believe otherwise.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that ... we should start getting ? like SAS and Don Lemon fired. that will send a real message...
  • A Talented One
    edited October 2015
    Options

I disagree 1000%

You do realize the income disparities between Blacks and Whites is nearly unchanged in 40+ years?

You do realize that Blacks according to the Constitution are not full human beings?

So, while some laws have changed because, of the tremendous work done by Blacks. Whites are mentally unchanged since the days of the slaves ships. Stop forcing yourself to believe otherwise.

None of that means that white folks haven't changed "one iota" in the way they treat blacks. (By the way, the point about the constitution is incorrect, and ample ? that you don't know what you talk about.)

What you are saying is so obviously wrong that I am not going to back and forth with you about this. Read a book about things were like in 1915.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I disagree 1000%

None of that means that white folks haven't changed "one iota" in the way they treat blacks. (By the way, the point about the constitution is incorrect, and ample ? that you don't know what you talk about.)

What you are saying is so obviously wrong that I am not going to back and forth with you about this. Read a book about things were like in 1915.

I am not going to go back and forth with you either. So, keep it moving.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to know what a ? is just analyze the posts, opinions and stances of a talented one
  • _God_
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    ? all that ... we should start getting ? like SAS and Don Lemon fired. that will send a real message...

I feel u 10000 percent , but the other blacks are preventing this from happening, a white person would fire them in a second if they knew there was legit opposition to them
  • A Talented One
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    If you want to know what a ? is just analyze the posts, opinions and stances of a talented one

You're always saying I and other blacks blame the white man too much, and you often imply that AA are just too lazy. Hell you've even admitted that you're a conservative. And yet you're telling them to analyze my posts?

OK.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Pico can you expose this guy again so the people will know he's not black? this has got to stop.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Pico can you expose this guy again so the people will know he's not black? this has got to stop.

Who?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pico wrote: »

Who?

The thread starter I remember him sending you pics and you exposed him