Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in The Reason

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool interview, seem like he always had his head on straight.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silk had that unorthodox style and forced so many words in his bars that made him out of synch with the beat rhythm but he still managed to make a few good songs.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They must couldnt have found any other guests that day.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't watch yet, but I know this gonna be a classic interview. Watching as soon as I get home.

I just hope he says did I do that
    At least one once
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good interview
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charge 2 Da Game was that my shxt plus both of them Mya features was dope to be slow songs
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The West coast told them to get out with that country ? ? I thought NY was on the East Coast?
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Silkk the Shocker's highly anticipated memoirs, appropriately titled Shock and Awe"

On his classic collaboration with Mya

Back in 1998 my team was on top of the world. You couldn't tell us a damn thing. Every artist in the game was begging for a Silkk verse. I remember being hella giddy after recieving word from my manager that Mya wanted me to contribute to her album. I was giggling like a little Catholic school girl. You think I wasn't trying to knock that ? down?!? Case BEEN closed. They flew me out to Atlanta to record what's now known as "Moving On". Classic ? dawg. Her engineer was tripping on some ? though. Some Midget Molley lookin' ass ? . He kept talking bout' "your verse isn't matching up with the track". ? ! I'm Silkk the Shocker! I ain't off-beat, I'm just ahead of my time! We went back and forth for hours, until dude just got fed up and dropped the issue. Come to find out, that engineer was actually Jermain Dupri! What's ? up is that Mya's high yellow ass didn't even show up to the studio session!!! I heard she wasn't feeling the kid like that, and Interscope forced her into the collaboration. That's why I had to sit in the back of the class in the video.

On "You Know What We Bout" with Jay-Z and Master P

It was a big moment for hip-hop, at least that's what my brother told me. This was back before i was really hip to Jay-Z, but Percy swore he was dope. I wasn't really impressed to be honest. I asked around and one of my homeboys said that Jay had been rapping for a while, and he couldn't get even get signed at initially. At that point I knew I was gonna smash him on this joint. ? , I been signed since i was sixteen years old! My team was releasing 3 albums every month! I wasn't intimidated by this clown. So jay comes in and does his verse in one take, so i was like ? it, I'll knock mine out in one take too. Jay knew better than to try that fast rapping ? around me though. I was the wildest, craziest, fastest rapper in the south. I wanted to one-up him, so I decided to record my verse without the headphones on. Craig B was like, "how will you stay on beat if you don't listen on the headphones?!?"

Who wrote this ! LOL Goat ! SMH lol ....
  • thewizeonr
    thewizeonr Members Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? getting ridiculous smh lmao..silk the shocker tho over spitta..ps he was my fav one as a kid lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bruh, they not keeping spitta from comin up there lol
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silkk The SHocker still got it
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is the worst rapper in history
  • thewizeonr
    thewizeonr Members Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So why hadnt he? ? starting to seem like ? throwing shade or he jus don't wanna be in public eye cuz his album drops Dec.4 better show up before then even Sydney starr before spitta the madness has to stop!!! Lol
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This guy came on to a nationally syndicated, social media relevant radio show and is secretive about what he's been doing for the last 10 years and then had to think hard for some "light in the ass" bars.

And he was rapping like that all those years on purpose?

why-you-lying.jpg
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7n5BtmYsGM

like him or not, he had sum jams

the thing is...for people that hated his flow, to me, it was perfect for the types of songs he was on

like, could you picture ANY other rapper on this beat? I cant. Maybe Master P, but no other rapper outside of No Limit

Silkk def had his own style, and Beats by the pound made his sound appear unique.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When we gonna get a sequel to Hot Boys?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When we gonna get a sequel to Hot Boys?

said no one
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thewizeonr wrote: »
    So why hadnt he? ? starting to seem like ? throwing shade or he jus don't wanna be in public eye cuz his album drops Dec.4 better show up before then even Sydney starr before spitta the madness has to stop!!! Lol

post all the other spitta interviews, when u dont find too many, ur answer will be right there lol
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? how is silk da shocker not the worse. . Question for the 3 mfs that ns me
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the reason silkk isn't in the NBA is because he didn't like being fouled.

Rofl