Ja Rule - "Put it on me" Magnum Opus

Options
The Recipe
The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
Dope drop you dont hear enough positve stories about Hova theres a good on in here within 3 minutes.

https://youtu.be/kuTrM-MCIZg

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ja Rule had a lot of singles I liked but I don't think I've ever heard any of his albums in their entirety.

And I actually own Venni Vidi Vici and his greatest hits album, just never got around to listening to them.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Crazy how Jarule was on the route to ascending Hip-Hop and becoming more of a pop star and movie star and he threw that ? away over ego against 50 Cent. If Ja had simply just ignored him, he would have won the war against 50 Cent and he would be way past Ludacris and others. He'd still be caking in a major way. Hindsight is 20/20 and common sense isn't so common but sometimes it's wise to remember - it takes 10 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to destroy one... or in this day and age one tweet LOLOL.

Couldnt have said it better myself dude is a great writer he should be in the industry in some capacity maybe on his Quentin Miller ish.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When that white dude was talking about no rapper with credibility went and shot for the stars without being ethered before Ja Rule (around 10:20), did he forget about LL Cool J (who's on the same damn label)?

or Nas?

I swear some of these dudes should get their credentials checked and get tossed out yo.
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Ja Rule had a lot of singles I liked but I don't think I've ever heard any of his albums in their entirety.

And I actually own Venni Vidi Vici and his greatest hits album, just never got around to listening to them.

Venni vidi Vici is a personal classic
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rule was that ? , unlimited ass when you roll by playing his hits
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Crazy how Jarule was on the route to ascending Hip-Hop and becoming more of a pop star and movie star and he threw that ? away over ego against 50 Cent. If Ja had simply just ignored him, he would have won the war against 50 Cent and he would be way past Ludacris and others. He'd still be caking in a major way. Hindsight is 20/20 and common sense isn't so common but sometimes it's wise to remember - it takes 10 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to destroy one... or in this day and age one tweet LOLOL.

I think it was a lose-lose situation for Ja. If he responded to 50 (which he did) then he lost; if he ignored 50, then he was a ? and a wanksta.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ja don't give a ? bout none of that.
    Even after all the beef with 50 and the Feds raiding Murder Inc's offices . His Album R.U.L.E. was still certified gold within 5 months .

? the haters.

50 can't even push 50 k anymore lol
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was a great video. Thanks for posting.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    That was a great video. Thanks for posting.

They got about 10 other ones there all great Jeezy Soul Survivor was the one b4 this.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never the biggest Ja fan but he had hits and his first album is pretty underrated. It is what it is with the 50 beef, but it looks more and more like karma might of caught up with Curtis Jackson.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    In terms of the Ja responses to 50 I think people underestimate just how much that federal investigation into Murder Inc. ? things up for them. That and at a certain point with DMX, all of G Unit, and Eminem coming at him he had no choice but to respond. He's a rapper and they was lighting him up left and right on wax. Loose Change kept Ja's head above water for a little while
  • The Recipe
    Options
    His new reality show is interesting also.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    This ? was a HIT
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "You claim your mothers a crackhead and Kim's a known ? so what's Hailey gonna be when she grows up?"
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    theres was nothing ja could do at that time. 50 somehow made most if not all ja's fans believe that the music they liked from him was trash. all those music videos them girls were screaming for on 106 and park having #1 for weeks and everything was all of a sudden terrible overnight cause 50 said so smh.

one of the weirdest things I ever seen was every person I know that was HUGE ja rule fans back in school wont even admit they even liked his music now. Like its some sort of shot at they hip hop creditibilty or something if they did. only to have those new 50 fans turn on him also about 5 years later. thats when I realized hip hop fans suck
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »

Def a classic

• aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Def a classic

Mike-Tyson-Seriously-Meme.jpg

• Tupacthadon1971
    Tupacthadon1971 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    Options

same...been saying this forever....? was dope from that intro to the end.....Murda for Life, Story to tell, Begotten son, Daddys little baby, Worlds most dangerous....this album was awesome...i still bang it...
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    theres was nothing ja could do at that time. 50 somehow made most if not all ja's fans believe that the music they liked from him was trash. all those music videos them girls were screaming for on 106 and park having #1 for weeks and everything was all of a sudden terrible overnight cause 50 said so smh.

one of the weirdest things I ever seen was every person I know that was HUGE ja rule fans back in school wont even admit they even liked his music now. Like its some sort of shot at they hip hop creditibilty or something if they did. only to have those new 50 fans turn on him also about 5 years later. thats when I realized hip hop fans suck

I still like Ja over 50 as a rapper. Still prefer JAs debut album to 50s debut album yes I do.....
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was randomly thinking about "Put it on me" the other day cause I was watching BET when they had a Martin marathon on and I thought about how I would flock home just to see that video cause of Lil Mo. The song still sounds good today considering most of the songs that came out back then.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DOPE VIDEO...
    THIS WAS HIGH SCHOOL FOR ME...
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Lil Mo sounded good af on that track.

Whatever happened to her?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was never a huge fan of Ja but i didnt like 50 either. So i had no horse in the race, it was just wild watching people turn their back to dude out of nowhere. Fans are fickle as hell, alot of them are fairweather, I hope other people were paying attention to what happened to him.