‘Snowpiercer’ To Be Adapted As TV Series

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX5PwfEMBM0

Marty Adelstein’s Tomorrow Studios has optioned the rights to develop ? Joon ? ’s 2013 Korean feature Snowpiercer as a TV series. Josh Friedman (Avatar 3, War Of The Worlds, Sarah Connor Chronicles) is attached to write the adaptation, set in a post-apocalyptic Ice Age where the only remaining life on the planet survives aboard a train that travels around the globe. ? Joon ? and Dooho Choi will executive produce alongside Tomorrow Studios’ Marty Adelstein & Becky Clements as well as Friedlam.

The property comes from Korea’s CJ Entertainment & Media. ? Joon ? has been on the rise, with Netflix recently committing $30 million to back his next movie, Okja. Snowpiercer, starring Chris Evans, has been well received and had a limited theatrical release in the U.S. in 2014.

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The movie was ? .
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might have been a better move to begin with. Story would carry better in tv format especially on Netflix. That movie just fell apart at the end and took away from the trill beginning of the movie.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get me started on Spartacus.

"Here are you winnings."

"I will spend it on much ? !"
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I liked the movie, but you had to suspend disbelief a grip... the director is just not great with tone... (He also directed The Host which had the same problems) It may just be a cultural thing though, but I could do without scenes like the one with the crazy propaganda-spewing pantomime school teacher....
    and they should've never survived the axe-welding dudes...

I guess what I'm trying to say is the material might be handled better by someone else and the a tv show might work...
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought it was dope that the....
    black kid and Asian chick were the only survivors. It was kinda prophetic being that earths first settlers were afroasiatic and Indian.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ppl tell me it's a good movie, I got about 15 min and I turned it off. Never finished it