Where does Chris Jericho rank on your GOAT list?

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Top 10
    Jericho wasn't a draw either, he didn't sell a lot of merchandise or put butts in seats

bret & shawn didnt do the best numbers either, they and jericho have done enough for it to not count against them as much. idk where we can even find concrete numbers for either of em anyway
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Bret and Shawn had WCW ? with their drawing power, what was Jericho's excuse since WCW was no more when he became champion
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    ottb been on some ? this whole week

let me get this straight
    we're talking about our favorite wrestlers and ? are bringing up drawing power?

didn't business go down when they tried to make hhh the guy?
    reign of terror anyone? he drew fans AWAY from raw

didn't business go down when they tried to make warrior the guy too? so much for drawing power

y'all really enjoyed Andre the Giant's matches like that? I rather watch the big show wrestle in 2015

and john cena? i dont hate dude but better than Jericho?

all hope is lost

Ratings naturally dropped when HHH was the guy bc Rock and Stone Cold left, when HHH was World Champ in 2000 his ratings were actually higher than Rocks.. ill try to find the source.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Top 10
    ? lying to themselves if they're saying jericho wasnt one of the hottest acts on the roster before he turned heel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbC06eQS_ww

this dude wasnt drawing back then? with that crowd pop everytime his entrance music hit? foh

yall dudes cant even bring up better wrestlers to help your argument

"but,but, but andre the giant was a bigger draw. he's better than jericho"

pathetic
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Top 10
    Bret and Shawn had WCW ? with their drawing power, what was Jericho's excuse since WCW was no more when he became champion

wcw had just ended that year and the invasion happened when jericho first won the title. idk if he negatively affected anything but that had to be one of wwe's higher profitable years.
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Top 10
    blu197 wrote: »

let me get this straight

didn't business go down when they tried to make warrior the guy too? so much for drawing power

y'all really enjoyed Andre the Giant's matches like that? I rather watch the big show wrestle in 2015

all hope is lost

Ratings naturally dropped when HHH was the guy bc Rock and Stone Cold left, when HHH was World Champ in 2000 his ratings were actually higher than Rocks.. ill try to find the source.

you said he could draw though. no excuses
    you saying he could draw when rock and austin was in the company with him but couldnt draw when they left?
    what does that tell you? THEY were drawing
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    GTFOH
    Oh ? people in the arena got loud for chris jericho, guess what they did it too when Daniel Bryan won the title and he's not in the running for GOAT.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Top 10
    Oh ? people in the arena got loud for chris jericho, guess what they did it too when Daniel Bryan won the title and he's not in the running for GOAT.

what is your criteria for goat, cuz imo other than transcending popularity jericho is well above avg in all the criterias.

it seems like yall's criteria is match placement, and drawing power which only the promoters really know the true way to measure that.

yall actin like jericho is canadian sheamus lol
  • blu197
    Options
    GTFOH

let me get this straight

all hope is lost

you saying he could draw when rock and austin was in the company with him but couldnt draw when they left?

I said he was a bigger draw than Jericho and that's true
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    GTFOH
    Y'all think I'm saying he's wack but I'm not but when you start talking legends you will not put Jericho in that category
  • Already Home_17
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Top 10
    wouldnt it make sense for customers to cheer for the wrestlers they paid to see? let me repeat, PAID TO SEE
    wouldnt that count as drawing?
    and wouldnt that mean that wrestler had an impact on the fanbase and the industry?
    the same criteria you set for a GOAT?

yet one of the most popular and respected wrestlers doesnt qualify as one although he matches your criteria?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Top 10
    Y'all think I'm saying he's wack but I'm not but when you start talking legends you will not put Jericho in that category

thats fine but im tryna understand how ? are placing cats even farther away from goat status than jericho, over jericho lol
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Top 10

let me get this straight

all hope is lost

I said he was a bigger draw than Jericho and that's true

the same dude who played politics to stay at the top regardless of how much the fans grew sick of him cant be taken seriously as a "draw" imo

because while he was "drawing", the raw brand was suffering
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited November 2015
    Options
    GTFOH
    wouldnt it make sense for customers to cheer for the wrestlers they paid to see? let me repeat, PAID TO SEE
    and wouldnt that mean that wrestler had an impact on the fanbase and the industry?

yet one of the most popular and respected wrestlers doesnt qualify as one although he matches your criteria?

Nope, the hate for triple h was so big that anyone beating him would have got that pop, including Maven, Essa Rios, Al Snow, Perry Saturn and even Dean Malenko. That crowd came to see the Rock and Steve Austin, Jericho didn't draw them there

• Chi-Town Bully
    edited November 2015
    Options
    GTFOH

thats fine but im tryna understand how ? are placing cats even farther away from goat status than jericho, over jericho lol

That's your opinion that they are further away I feel those guys are better. Those guys brought more to the business than Y2J
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Top 10

That's your opinion that they are further away I feel those guys are better. Those guys brought more to the business than Y2J

this is why i keep asking criteria. i wanna understand. cuz i certainly cant see it from an in ring aspect.
  • blu197
    Options
    GTFOH

this is why i keep asking criteria. i wanna understand. cuz i certainly cant see it from an in ring aspect.

What did Jericho do in ring that was special or different from the guys Chi Town has ahead of him?
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Top 10

Nope, the hate for triple h was so big that anyone beating him would have got that pop, including Maven, Essa Rios, Al Snow, Perry Saturn and even Dean Malenko. That crowd came to see the Rock and Steve Austin, Jericho didn't draw them there

but it wasnt anyone
    there's a reason why he got that spot and the rest didnt

hell the rock got boo'd at times when he went up against jericho in 2001

i guess everyone who paid to see the rock forgot once jericho came out
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Top 10

What did Jericho do in ring that was special or different from the guys Chi Town has ahead of him?
    The rest I would put ahead of Jericho, they not Goat status but I'll name them before I get to Jericho
    Kurt Angle
    Triple H
    Roddy Piper
    Dusty Rhodes
    John Cena

Brock Lesnar
    Ricky Steamboat
    Ultimate Warrior
    Jake the Snake Roberts
    Andre The Giant

Mr Perfect
    ? Foley
    Randy Orton
    Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase

Eddie Guerrero
    Scott Hall/Razor Ramon
    Diamond Dallas Paige

with names like bolded that question shouldnt even have to be asked.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    GTFOH

A wrestling legend isn't all about in ring aspect, if that was the case Hogan wouldn't be in anyone's top 5

I like those guys characters, they were also good in the ring for what they were asked to do, they all had classic matches under their belt.

Dean Malenko in ring aspect was top notch but where is he on your list, it's not only about in ring
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Top 10
    thats why i keep emphasizing all around jack of all trades with jericho.
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Top 10
    like jericho didnt have mic skills
    like jericho didn't have classics
    like jericho didnt have character and the ability to switch it up at a dime

yall argument is looking funny in the light
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    GTFOH
    like jericho didnt have mic skills
    like jericho didn't have classics
    like jericho didnt have character and the ability to switch it up at a dime

yall argument is looking funny in the light

Never said he didn't, I just like those guys more
  • blu197
    Options
    GTFOH

The rest I would put ahead of Jericho, they not Goat status but I'll name them before I get to Jericho
    Kurt Angle
    Triple H
    Roddy Piper
    Dusty Rhodes
    John Cena

Brock Lesnar
    Ricky Steamboat
    Ultimate Warrior
    Jake the Snake Roberts
    Andre The Giant

Mr Perfect
    ? Foley
    Randy Orton
    Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase

Eddie Guerrero
    Scott Hall/Razor Ramon
    Diamond Dallas Paige

with names like bolded that question shouldnt even have to be asked.

So in other words no answer
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Top 10
    ? the answer right there! u tryna tell me jericho did nothing that stood out in ring from roddy piper or got damn dre the giant or cena who u ? on every chance u get? how in the hell he even make it to your top 25 then?!