"100 Black Pastors" expected to endorse Donald Trump......

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
Donald J. Trump will take the next step in his religious outreach effort next week when he announces the endorsement of a group of 100 African-American pastors and religious leaders at his Manhattan headquarters.

The Republican presidential candidate has a private meeting with the group scheduled on Monday before they make their offer of support official, according to his campaign. The endorsement comes as Mr. Trump has faced criticism for stoking racial tension and has seen his support among evangelical Christians start to waver in polls as voters consider Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Ben Carson.

That tension was evident this week after an activist for the group Black Lives Matter was beaten at a Trump campaign rally, and the billionaire developer said that perhaps the activist deserved to be roughed up. Mr. Trump also angered some when he sent a Twitter message that appeared to play down the recent spate of incidents of police brutality against African-Americans.

However, Mr. Trump has held several meetings with black religious leaders this year as he looks to broaden his appeal, and it appears that he has closed the deal with some of them.

Darrell Scott, the pastor of the New Spirit Revival Center in Ohio, helped organize the coalition of religious leaders and said that after meeting Mr. Trump in person he was convinced that Mr. Trump was the candidate best suited to be president. He also said that the public portrayals of Mr. Trump as a racist and demagogue seemed unfounded after they spoke.

“I was looking for some subtle hints of racism,” Mr. Scott said. “I didn’t see it at all.”

Mr. Scott, who said he was a registered Democrat who had voted for President Obama
, said that he had been impressed by Mr. Trump as a leader and that he liked his ideas for improving the economy. He said that when he closed his eyes and listened to all the candidates, he found Mr. Trump to be the most appealing.

Mr. Trump has struggled to connect with some social conservatives because of his flashy lifestyle and the fact that he has held liberal views on some issues. But Mr. Scott said that he found Mr. Trump to be humble before ? when they prayed together and that he had confidence in his faith.

The pastor said that Mr. Trump had not made any donations to his congregation. Other leaders who are scheduled to attend were not immediately available Friday to comment.

The group will gather at Trump Towers at 1 p.m. on Monday.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/11/25/black-pastors-expected-to-endorse-donald-trump/

giphy.gif

django-unchained-13.gif

giphy.gif

The Black Lives Matter protester attacked during Donald’s Trump’s Birmingham rally said he was punched, kicked and called “n****r” and “monkey” while a group of eight or nine people were on top of him…”

Trump’s response:

“Maybe he should have been roughed up, because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing,” Trump said on the Fox News Channel on Sunday morning. “I have a lot of fans, and they were not happy about it. And this was a very obnoxious guy who was a trouble-maker who was looking to make trouble.”

with "Black Leaders" like these, who needs Grand Wizards?

giphy.gif

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are ? . Next
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hilarious! Trump knows how black people love religion.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    So...know whats funny bout trump..he's actin like how a twitter baby would run a campaign
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The only time you could support Trump was when he first made apprentice. :#
    the stupid, lying,, racist crusades that he has lead since then have been loud and highly visible...uh championing the birther movement.....for starters

they and their flock need to ? themselves
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how much he paid them to schuck & jive for him...
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is such a joke I can't even believe people are taking trump running for office seriously, the more I read the more it reminds me off president Camacho.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@skpjr78
    Stick a fork in the west. I've been in abandon ship mode for the last 5 years. So this latest dog and pony show is of no consequence to me because I can care less.

There are bigger fish to fry such as:

1. Working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
    2. So that you will be prepared to meet ? on the cloudy day
    3. Preaching the gospel
    4. Sounding the alarm
    5. Loving my neighbor as i do myself

Do you know Him @skpjr78?

For behold the day of the Lord cometh quickly! Blessed are all those who are found in Him when the trumpet blows! Amen.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @skpjr78
    Stick a fork in the west. I've been in abandon ship mode for the last 5 years. So this latest dog and pony show is of no consequence to me because I can care less.

3. Preaching the gospel
    4. Sounding the alarm

For behold the day of the Lord cometh quickly! Blessed are all those who are found in Him when the trumpet blows! Amen.

What makes you say ? is a him??
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...I WAS ON PERISCOPE THIS MORNING AND ALL OF THOSE BLACK PREACHERS WERE INVITED BUT ALL OF THEM ARE NOT GOING
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    ...I WAS ON PERISCOPE THIS MORNING AND ALL OF THOSE BLACK PREACHERS WERE INVITED BUT ALL OF THEM ARE NOT GOING
    even if 1 goes.. he represents his "flock"
    as the herder goes the sheep go
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @skpjr78

3. Preaching the gospel
    4. Sounding the alarm

why does this always sound like threats?
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Voting for Trump is no different from voting for Clinton. How soon people forget....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OgopwAJjSc
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Saw something about this on Twitter with it being debunked as a rumor last night
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the bashing of religion continues
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @skpjr78

1. Working out your own salvation plantation with fear and trembling.
    Fixed

Lol at u christianized ass slaves. Lol at you greasy lipped apologizing ass negroes. Lol at fried chicken or fish always being on yalls mind. The bolded is all I expect from you white jesus worshipping scarey ass house negroes.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »
    @skpjr78

3. Preaching the gospel
    4. Sounding the alarm

What makes you say ? is a him??

? is a Spirit who revealed Himself to His creation as a man, the ? -Man! IMMANUEL!

"Look! The ? will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means '? is with us.'" Matthew 1:23

Do you know Him @Wuwop?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    @skpjr78

3. Preaching the gospel
    4. Sounding the alarm

why does this always sound like threats?

It's called sounding the Alarm! You got to get your house in order before ? takes out the plumb-line to see if your foundation can withstand His indignation!

Are you ready for the plumb line of ? to inspect your house @2stepz_ahead?

For thus saith the LORD,

"7Thus he shewed me: and, behold, the Lord stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand.

8And the LORD said unto me, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A plumbline. Then said the Lord, Behold, I will set a plumbline in the midst of my people Israel: I will not again pass by them any more:"
    Amos 7:7-8

Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-09-06%2Bat%2B8.09.12%2BPM.jpg

Do you know Him?