KRS-One On CNN : "All The Presidential Candidates Are a Joke and Scripted"

Options
_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with the joke and scripted part, the rest is typical krs one ?
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a teacher begins to speak...
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRS-One for President
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    KRS-One for President

There's the problem. Dudes been speaking about politics and the economy for 25+ years now. By this point of his career he SHOULD have as much money as Donald Trump and a very powerful network within the Hip Hop community (Jay Z, Russell Simmons, Puff Daddy, Dr Dre, Birdman, Ice Cube, etc.). He should also have international connections.

My point is that when I was 14/15 when KRS and Public Enemy were just coming out I genuinely, sincerely thought they'd be qualified candidates to run for President by the time they got old enough (you have to be 35 to run for president).

I figured by 2015 we'd have a Black President and racism will be over.

I feel like all of the so-called political rappers failed me/us. And I'm not just talking about 2Pac, I'm talking about the generation of rappers before and after 2Pac. Dudes like Kool Moe Dee, who's Knowledge Is King album focused on the importance of intelligence and knowledge, Public Enemy who encouraged their listeners to Fight The Power and KRS One who said, "You Must Learn". Also artists like Dead Prez, Lauren Hill, Saigon. All of the so-called political rappers that made entire albums entertaining the cause but never stepped out of their comfort zone and climbed the political ladder.

KRS needs to shut up and run for president. Otherwise there's no reason to listen to anything he has to say. I'd rather listen to Donald Trump give a speech over MC Hammer beats.

Donald Trump's vision into the future is clear and makes sense.

KRS One's vision into the future is murky at best and I don't know where he see's himself in 2 years.

I KNOW where Donald Trump sees himself in two years and there's the difference.

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    props.

here's another gem I watch every now and then of KRS-ONE not falling for Hannity's ? and all the while schooling him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QRkteCxNqM
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    goldenja wrote: »
    KRS-One for President

There's the problem. Dudes been speaking about politics and the economy for 25+ years now. By this point of his career he SHOULD have as much money as Donald Trump and a very powerful network within the Hip Hop community (Jay Z, Russell Simmons, Puff Daddy, Dr Dre, Birdman, Ice Cube, etc.). He should also have international connections.

My point is that when I was 14/15 when KRS and Public Enemy were just coming out I genuinely, sincerely thought they'd be qualified candidates to run for President by the time they got old enough (you have to be 35 to run for president).

I figured by 2015 we'd have a Black President and racism will be over.

I feel like all of the so-called political rappers failed me/us. And I'm not just talking about 2Pac, I'm talking about the generation of rappers before and after 2Pac. Dudes like Kool Moe Dee, who's Knowledge Is King album focused on the importance of intelligence and knowledge, Public Enemy who encouraged their listeners to Fight The Power and KRS One who said, "You Must Learn". Also artists like Dead Prez, Lauren Hill, Saigon. All of the so-called political rappers that made entire albums entertaining the cause but never stepped out of their comfort zone and climbed the political ladder.

KRS needs to shut up and run for president. Otherwise there's no reason to listen to anything he has to say. I'd rather listen to Donald Trump give a speech over MC Hammer beats.

Donald Trump's vision into the future is clear and makes sense.

KRS One's vision into the future is murky at best and I don't know where he see's himself in 2 years.

I KNOW where Donald Trump sees himself in two years and there's the difference.

How did I get flagged?

That was the realest ? I ever wrote.