The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• Ronin705
    Ronin705 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Options
    Ziggler, and Ambrose must be gettin bomb ? to put up with their pushes constantly being ? with
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Randy going in. Needless to say I agree
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Randy sounds hurt, only thing i got to say is I rather watch 2 guys flipped around the ring then Randy Orton paint drying charisma. Bully Ray going end up knockin that chin off.

Im still confused why WWE style the only way wrestling should be done. It just comes off as older vet who feels offended these guys are getting high rated matches but dont do their style.
  • jono
    Options
    NJPW doesn't do that style on the main events either. No company that has ever made money does it. Struggling ass indy companies allow it because its the only way to get talent to show up.

Heaven forbid somebody sell something. These acrobats and ballerinas stay having forgettable matches that are posted for free on YouTube in front of 100 people.
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    NJPW doesn't do that style on the main events either. No company that has ever made money does it. Struggling ass indy companies allow it because its the only way to get talent to show up.

Heaven forbid somebody sell something. These acrobats and ballerinas stay having forgettable matches that are posted for free on YouTube in front of 100 people.

NJPW and ROH I think do a fantastic job at mixing both. Im not talking about high school gyms
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »
    Randy sounds hurt, only thing i got to say is I rather watch 2 guys flipped around the ring then Randy Orton paint drying charisma. Bully Ray going end up knockin that chin off.

Im still confused why WWE style the only way wrestling should be done. It just comes off as older vet who feels offended these guys are getting high rated matches but dont do their style.

Randy makes 10 times what they make, he doesn't give a ? , I thought that was clear in his post.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    549354b9cdd1af37829144ed73405d1f23a11ecb_hq.gif

Randy with the ether
  • jono
    Options
    Will Ospreay caught feelings, again
    Same ? happened a year or so ago when Vader told him the same damn thing.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol that Orton post was GOAT
    however, wwe incorporated a lot of the ? Orton was mocking into their matches. ESPECIALLY the dives
  • OGDirtyDee
    edited May 2017
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »

Randy makes 10 times what they make, he doesn't give a ? , I thought that was clear in his post.

I get more so because everybody calls his matches boring on thr IWC so ofcourse he going to knock indy wrestling when he has a open shot where they always get higher reviews and say i get paid more blah blah blah which is true but to knock another style of wresting because your labeled a boring competitor is where thr haterade is pouring out his pores. Come on Orton says he puts ? into seats(currently), who in the hell watches tv, go to shows, and signing into see 2014-2017 Orton???? But like he said he gets paid so thats why he better. WWE would still do the same with indy stylrle wrestling, ill even go as far as to say its the future for WWE style since its currently being incorporated as Already Home said. Everything evolves.
  • jono
    Options
    Except its not evolution. The ? they doing today ain't new. TNA was doing it 10 years ago, ECW 10 years before that that super choreographed ? isn't some new phenomenon.

Also Orton gets approached by marks at the airport and at the gym where he ends up having to cuss them out. I'm sure the indy dudes don't have to worry about that.

It's another case of people thinking what the dirtsheets and morons on twitter think represent the whole of the fandom. It doesn't.

Also don't overrate this indy ? being incorporated into WWE either because none of the top money guys work that style.

Roman don't
    Brock don't
    Orton don't
    Wyatt don't
    Cena don't
    Jericho don't

When it comes to those that do, you got Rollins and maybe Styles and that's about it. The rest are undercard dudes

If people cared about moves ? wouldn't be walking out on 205 Live. Most of the people who are going to mark for that goofy indy ? probably don't even watch 205 where the style they claim to love is most prominent.
  • OGDirtyDee
    edited May 2017
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Except its not evolution. The ? they doing today ain't new. TNA was doing it 10 years ago, ECW 10 years before that that super choreographed ? isn't some new phenomenon.

Also Orton gets approached by marks at the airport and at the gym where he ends up having to cuss them out. I'm sure the indy dudes don't have to worry about that.

It's another case of people thinking what the dirtsheets and morons on twitter think represent the whole of the fandom. It doesn't.

Also don't overrate this indy ? being incorporated into WWE either because none of the top money guys work that style.

Roman don't
    Brock don't
    Orton don't
    Wyatt don't
    Cena don't
    Jericho don't

When it comes to those that do, you got Rollins and maybe Styles and that's about it. The rest are undercard dudes

If people cared about moves ? wouldn't be walking out on 205 Live. Most of the people who are going to mark for that goofy indy ? probably don't even watch 205 where the style they claim to love is most prominent.

205...better yet cruiserweights get walked out on because they are poorly built and have no zing to their name they just a bunch of guys that will never get pushed as a top guy while as a cruiserweight anyway.

80s-bulky slow but simple style wrestling

90s- ? and technical

Late 90s and early 2006- great technical, physical quicker paced wrestling with more "violent" elements to it.

2010-14 Slow start of more infulenced indie style with guys Bryan and Punk

Bro if wrestling hasnt evolved in your eyes i dont know what to tell you.

Yeah those guys you named dont because most were raised in the E machine style. Seth, AJ, Ziggler, Dean(dives and launching), even in the cruiserweight scene Neville and Aries. Joe more toned down but he def has elements. Not too mention damn there eveybody on the roster doing some kind of dive out to the ring like the indie wrestlers randy speaks of. WWE style is still mandatory but they def mixing more and more indie ? with it. Not sure why your hell bent on knocking a style that clearly is here and growing.
  • OGDirtyDee
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all would hate the flippy floppy with no selling style in WWE, Don't act offended cuz Orton said it.

Yes wwe has Incorporated it these days but there's a balance. That balance is obvious when u look back at aj style's 2016 or Seth's 2015 for example, or the cruiserweight classic. Bunch of high spots but great story telling, that's the difference. Randy dem mocking​ the cats just doin ? for no rhyme or reason, just to say they did a front flip into a Tombstone
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That beef stems from bubba fell on orton foot and broke it...while orton was being put in a hospital van bubba was yelln at him...

Its in batistaa book
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    That beef stems from bubba fell on orton foot and broke it...while orton was being put in a hospital van bubba was yelln at him...

Its in batistaa book

Lmao DEAD. Randy always been sawft.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt Hardy in the randy and bully beef! Told randy check his emotions at the log in!
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    Randy going to get stole on ? with Bully lol
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it looks like slamming an ambulance door on his arm over and over wasn't such a good idea
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it looks like slamming an ambulance door on his arm over and over wasn't such a good idea

He also should not have taken tha chair shot on tha elbow last monday on raw... the wwe did not do a good job in protectin him knowin that he needed surgery to begin with
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options