Options
    so I'm guessing this is gonna be on current gen conoles

Has to be. Definitely
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »
    I just hope the cops enforce the law with all of the other "citizens" on the game. Nothing irritating like getting shot at in front of a cop by someone and they not do ? , then getting a star and having them chase you as soon as you start defending yourself SMH...

And not just little ? , I want all types of law enforcement to go after them ? . I think it would be kind of tight to be out and about and there is a random road-block set up and they're trying to get somebody else lol...

That happens in the Bronx section of GTA IV a lot. You just have to run by the cops when someone is attacking. Funniest thing I recall is a guy snatching me out my car, punching me, cops stepping in, and him pulling out a gun. ? was surreal because they had a full on shootout before the cops dusted him.

Still not a fan of epic realness, but I think Saints Row stole their "dark comedy" lane, so perfected realism has to be the new motto.

Ain't nothing like punching someone, having that AI want to fight back, running by a cop and getting hit by that AI, having the cops arrest the AI and put him in the vehicle, then placing the car bomb from Packie under the cop car and blowing it up.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont like the fact that you get a star if you're speeding
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait until they implement tickets into the game.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    i dont like the fact that you get a star if you're speeding

You gotta enforce the law somehow.....it would be crazy if the cops in the game setup with radars
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never liked being taken out at gun point, they need to make actual arrests. It'd be dope if they made it where they approach for a ticket/arrest and you could stay or speed off, or resist arrest and run on foot. Also be dope if they had K-9's too. Be cool too if you had 5/6 stars and when the chase is over you're swarmed and beaten lol real life ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tazers/pepper spray would be cool too, just like the effect of being ? in the game, blurry vision/uncontrollable/vibrating conroller, they can do the same w pepper spray.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I never liked being taken out at gun point, they need to make actual arrests. It'd be dope if they made it where they approach for a ticket/arrest and you could stay or speed off, or resist arrest and run on foot. Also be dope if they had K-9's too. Be cool too if you had 5/6 stars and when the chase is over you're swarmed and beaten lol real life ? .
    Yeah I didn't like that either. Being shot to death because you crashed into a cop car? SMH. At least in IV they started actually giving you the choice to surrender to the police on foot.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    They could make actual arrests and resist them to run on foot in gta 4.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Other rumored info:

***The Main Story***

Chico Vialpando, he has the car, the money, the charisma and the way with women. He has the luck in life. In a time where money is scarce, Chico was one of the lucky ones, although his parents are struggling to make ends meet.

Taken under her care as a baby, Kendl raised Leo as her own, after the fatal shooting of CJ in late 1992 and the fatal car accident in 1995 of Leo's mother, Denise Johnson, leaving Leo an orphan.

Denise had spent all of her husband's money and when she died, there was nothing left. Some say it was suicide, regardless, Leo was now 20 years old, with not a dime to his name.

Day by day he is being persuaded to join the street gang syndicate...Chico's family are on the border of disowning him, Chico wants to help his cousin Leo, he doesn't want to see his family go under, but at the same time doesn't want to give them all of his money.

Cesar cannot continue to operate the garage business due to lack of business and failing economy. He is lured by the thought of escaping to Vice City.
    Cesar had told his son Chico the legend of Carl Johnson, how he had saved the streets and that Leo was all that remained of Carl's legacy.

It is when Chico meets the business man, Toni, that things start to change. Toni Cipriani arrived in Los Santos after leaving behind his failed marriage and kids, meeting Chico, who's own family are on the border of destruction, the timing was perfect. Time and money were of the essence. Little does Chico know, Toni has his own agenda in San Andreas.

***Official game extract***
    Los Santos, 2012. The playground of the rich and famous, now a city folding under an economic crisis. Difficult political issues, crime and poverty hang over the streets. Where the rich stay rich and the poor die trying.

For Chico, it's been fun. Now it's time to get serious. In an epic journey that will take him across the entire state of San Andreas, Chico must save his cousin Leo, put an end to the street gang syndicate and stop his family from self destruction. The question is 'At what price?'

*** Main Character ***
    CHICO VIALPANDO - 20 yr old, successful and lucky in life

*** Other Characters ***
    CESAR VIALPANDO - Father of Chico, struggling to make ends meet
    KENDL VIALPANDO - Mother of Chico, was CJ's sister. Adopted Leo after the death of Denise Johnson. Trying to keep the family together
    LEO JOHNSON - The son of Carl Johnson. Being persuaded to join the street gangs syndicate
    TONI CIPRIANI - Just arrived from Liberty City, head of the Leone Corporation, has had failed marriage, two children who live with ex wife. Is in Los Santos 'on business'
    JOEY FARRINGO - Sindacco mobster, in Los Santos on the trail of Toni for alimony owed to Toni's ex wife
    FRANK BASTACCI - Also Sindacco mobster, in Los Santos with Joey. Is a former mental patient
    GREG MACILVOY - The Los Santos CutGrass golf pro, he is seen in the trailer #1 teeing off at the par 3, 8th
    ELI PAYNE - Is a 'man of the street' - he knows a lot of people
    VERONICA FANNING - She is a girl that Chico wants to date, she loves to tease him about it but secretly admires his style. Seen crossing the street in #1 trailer, she is into the band 'Love Fist'
    REGGIE WILSON - African American who thinks he has style, seen in #1 trailer with colorful sweater
    CHUCK 'DADDY' LOW - ? of Los Santos
    DEX KINTON - Computer genius who is in love with an avatar
    HOSÉ GONZALES - This Mexican has connections to the street gang syndicate
    AGENT 69 - This man works undercover for the F.I.B.
    CINDY BUCKSTUD - Young upcoming movie actress in adult entertainment
    ED WALLBERGER - Fast talking lawyer who mixes his words up and confuses even himself.

Like we said the other day, we will have some exclusive and juicy info for you guys. More will be coming shortly as of when we get it :).

GrandtheftautoV
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I thought they were going to leave GTA III era characters in the past....
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I thought they were going to leave GTA III era characters in the past....

^^^^^^^^
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ that rumored story line...San Andreas took place in 1992...so he got murked later on that year...didn't even get to enjoy his wealth at all lol.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We know one thing is certain tho, that since it's Rockstar, the multiplayer will be a ? (GTA4, RDR, MP3)
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ is dead?.....? this ?
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We know one thing is certain tho, that since it's Rockstar, the multiplayer will be a ? (GTA4, RDR, MP3)

is there any truth to this accusation??? ALL 3 of those games online are good..
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »

I'm not talking gameplay, I'm talking lag (well, that is gameplay) and connectivity issues. Maybe it's a ps3 thing, but Max Payne 3 has worse connectivity issues than when Black Ops first dropped on PSN. RDR suffers from lag too.

Edit: Oh yeah, the spawns are ? terrible too lol. ? be spawning literally right behind you. Guns kinda suck too. Unless you running with pistols, dual-wielding, using the sniper (FMP I think) or have the mini-30, it's gonna take forever to ? people.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Gang wars in San Andres would have been GOAT online. Them ? needs to port GTA 3, VIce City and And San Andres to ps3 tho.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    The ? did someone delete my comment.
    Again
    I bet cj got murked by his own people.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im ? with the speeding ? . I like the ? as realistic as possible. I used to be doin a hunnet on GTA 3, ? that the cops wasnt acknowledging my crime. I hope dude can pull as many females as he wants too.

And the did make actual arrest. If they pulled you out of a car you were "Busted".
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ is dead?.....? this ?

There's a spot in GTA IV that shows a lot of them cats are dead. Think it's an Easter Egg featuring R.I.P. graffiti on a wall somewhere.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »

I'm not talking gameplay, I'm talking lag (well, that is gameplay) and connectivity issues. Maybe it's a ps3 thing, but Max Payne 3 has worse connectivity issues than when Black Ops first dropped on PSN. RDR suffers from lag too.

Edit: Oh yeah, the spawns are ? terrible too lol. ? be spawning literally right behind you. Guns kinda suck too. Unless you running with pistols, dual-wielding, using the sniper (FMP I think) or have the mini-30, it's gonna take forever to ? people.

yea.. u cant judge a game by connectivity issues that other platforms dont have.. or it might be your connection... cuz max payne doesnt lag for me... and if it does its very short lived... neither did RDR or GTA IV.. you cant say a game sucks cuz u suck at it/ cant get a good grasp of it.. hell i suck at most fighting games, but i wouldnt say they are garbage online, or suck cuz i cant play them ....
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so I'm guessing this is gonna be on current gen conoles

Wii U Launch title i think