Complex: Why Air Jordans Aren't Selling Out Anymore

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Antlerz wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    I copped the 72-10s yesterday for $100 bucks and they are real too. I wasnt bout to pay 300 for a shoe that will be released again in two years. find a good plug and you good but ? paying full price for some Js are dumb

Does the logo look like this with the butt ? ?

9oL681R.jpg

I lol'd

@dwo i know u lurkin, get you ass in here ? ! Lol

? thought he had the Vernon Davis -Patrick Willis 11 PE's DEAD
  • S2J
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    This is a great thing. Them folks who was just getting shoes to resell them was just in the ? way. If you not going to wear them get out the way. Reselling shoes at crazy marked up prices ain't a real ? hustle.

Dummies buying shoes for $200 then reselling them for $400 the same day then wondering why the person who agreed to the $400 price slapped a knot on your head took them and ain't pay you ? .

OR...

Buy them for 200, sit and wait...until they are long out of the retro cycle and ...now your 200 is 4, 5, 600

And ? forbid Nike decides to stop retroeing. Unworn pairs would be a goldmine

Im not a 'hypebeast' and the culture is corny to me, but to call people stupid for reselling- -aka investing- --is asinine. Its a GUARANTEED return on investment and potential goldmine, and it A-preciates in value

? we talking about ? nike shoes not stocks and bonds!!!
    ba9e4741a866765a03a1ecf7aa8cf6f6.gif

You guys should buy stocks and bonds like you do Jordan's. Stock is worth more than money.

This man gets it @cannonspike1994 ? would have made waaay more money investing in Nike years ago as opposed to buying the shoes.

? forbid they do both

Cmon ? wtf are you talking about

How much stock you got in the LogiTech keyboard you typing on?

How much stock you got in the Samsung phone you got

I bought a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker, that mean buying stock in it would be profitable?
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good post Soon.

9/10 mfs buying Jordans are not doing it as an investment. It's to wear and keep in the closet.

Stocks and bonds are purely for investment.

Can you do both? Sure, but most people aren't. if you are buying $200 sneakers, it's very likely that you aren't investing in the stock market.

Simply put, most sneakers aren't investments.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you buy a shoe for $200 and it's worth $600 a year later, how is that not appreciation in value?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    If you buy a shoe for $200 and it's worth $600 a year later, how is that not appreciation in value?

i get what sion is saying

to me, while the value has gone up, the actual shoe hasnt appreciated, but the demand has. Its not what something is worth, its what someone is willing to pay for it. So, using this ex. what if someone bought the shoe for $600? Is it guaranteed that they will get at least what they paid for it in a flip? I doubt it.

to me, that is the difference
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If say because they only ale a limited amount, the hell is the purpose of selling 1000 sneakers when 5,000 want the ?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ? turned a jordan argument into stocks and bonds LMFAOOO.

If you want the ? shoe, buy it. If not keep it pushin.
  • S2J
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

to me, while the value has gone up, the actual shoe hasnt appreciated, but the demand has. Its not what something is worth, its what someone is willing to pay for it. So, using this ex. what if someone bought the shoe for $600? Is it guaranteed that they will get at least what they paid for it in a flip? I doubt it.

What the hell are yall talking about

Dont be so easily swayed by titangraphs fam

The example of stocks and bonds was actually brought up as a JOKE. Sion ran with it. Rather silly to link the 2 arguments

But if you want to, here, in DC, the example of wearing Js to rhe club is spot on. I personally know ? making bank who dress street on the weekends, blowing their money on Jordans and still clear in a year what most of yall, @Sion included, make AND invest in 5. So let's not go there

Btw isnt that a kin to racially profiing? "You wear Jordans you must not be investing ". Foh

• AP21
    Options

The example of stocks and bonds was actually brought up as a JOKE. Sion ran with it. Rather silly to link the 2 arguments

But if you want to, here, in DC, the example of wearing Js to rhe club is spot on. I personally know ? making bank who dress street on the weekends, blowing their money on Jordans and still clear in a year what most of yall, @Sion included, make AND invest in 5. So let's not go there

Btw isnt that a kin to racially profiing? "You wear Jordans you must not be investing ". Foh

whoa there broham

calm down

I couldn't care less what the next guy buys with his money, but imo, MY OPINION, jordans are not an investment. They are being retroed at an alarming rate, so any luster that they once had no longer exists b/c they are more accessible/obtainable now than they have ever been

I wouldnt buy a pair of jordans with the thought being I'm going to make money off them, however, you can do that with a stock
  • S2J
    edited December 2015
    Options
    "Yea you might have made $200 on the flip, but it aint REALLY $200, its just what THAT person chose to give you"

nas1.jpg
  • AP21
    Options
    now you trolling S2J lol

im out...
  • LPast
    Options
    Like I said most. Since you seem such on Jordans... Most people don't buy food, clothes, and cars as investments. Jordans are no different.

As a consultant would you tell people to invest in sneakers?

Lmao
  • LPast
    Options
    *walks into @S2J investment firm*
    Asks about stocks, bonds, real estate...
    S2J drops a pair of Jordans on his desk

"Now this is where you want to put your money"
  • S2J
    Options

whoa there broham

calm down

I couldn't care less what the next guy buys with his money, but imo, MY OPINION, jordans are not an investment. They are being retroed at an alarming rate, so any luster that they once had no longer exists b/c they are more accessible/obtainable now than they have ever been

I wouldnt buy a pair of jordans with the thought being I'm going to make money off them, however, you can do that with a stock

? . Stock. Ok? My bonds BEEN diversified. I can boogie on that topic too my G. But that's a ole nother topic.

Here, right now, Its simple bro, yes or no:

If i buy a pair of limited edition Js at RETAIL price and do not wear them, can i sell them for at least $1 more the day after i bought them? In other words, can i buy for x and sell for x+1?

Until ANYONE can definitively, coherently, and factually answer that question "no", ? . If the answer is yes, which it is, than Js are a possible investment for those who treat it as such. Period. Point ? blank. Now...

200w.gif

Get my ? pool in the back
  • S2J
    Options
    Lol Aye...When i get my Js Monday and post a pic of it right next to my Principle quartely statement i dont wanna hear ?
  • AP21
    Options

whoa there broham

calm down

? . Stock. Ok? My bonds BEEN diversified. I can boogie on that topic too my G. But that's a ole nother topic.

If i buy a pair of limited edition Js at RETAIL price and do not wear them, can i sell them for at least $1 more the day after i bought them? In other words, can i buy for x and sell for x+1?

Until ANYONE can definitively, coherently, and factually answer that question "no", ? . If the answer is yes, which it is, than Js are a possible investment for those who treat it as such. Period. Point ? blank. Now...

200w.gif

but what happens if NO one else wants to buy them regardless of the condition and how much you paid for them?

why arent you getting that?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Yeah getting tickets and waiting in line at 12am doesn't seem appealing for me. I'm just fine walking in at 4pm grabbing some Chucks, PF Flyers, Dunks, Timbs, or the Jordan 1's.

sit the ? down,LOL Turf out here wearing P F Flyers
    BGb2loc.jpg

Wearing the Sandlots right now. PF Flyers are Chucks on steroids.
  • S2J
    Options

whoa there broham

calm down

200w.gif

but what happens if NO one else wants to buy them regardless of the condition and how much you paid for them?

? ! Thats not happening! Lol Thats the whole point of me giving example A of the 17s going for 600. The point of me giving example B of the shoes i JUST bought and haven't even touched already worth $100 more 3 days later.

Just say you arent up on the sneaker hustle rather than playing devils advocate. You can google Ebay RIGHT NOW if you doubt the veracity of my statements. U seen me post dawg, dont play wit me man lls
  • S2J
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Yeah getting tickets and waiting in line at 12am doesn't seem appealing for me. I'm just fine walking in at 4pm grabbing some Chucks, PF Flyers, Dunks, Timbs, or the Jordan 1's.

sit the ? down,LOL Turf out here wearing P F Flyers
    BGb2loc.jpg

Wearing the Sandlots right now. PF Flyers are Chucks on steroids.

Got these same joints years ago. Bust them oit occasionally
  • AP21
    Options

whoa there broham

calm down

200w.gif

? ! Thats not happening! Lol Thats the whole point of me giving example A of the 17s going for 600. The point of me giving example B of the shoes i JUST bought and haven't even touched already worth $100 more 3 days later.

Just say you arent up on the sneaker hustle rather than playing devils advocate. You can google Ebay RIGHT NOW if you doubt the veracity of my statements. U seen me post dawg, dont play wit me man lls

s2j, you watched the video brah

if a sneaker shop is banking on people lining up to buy the shoes, they will order x number of pair to supply the expected demand, but what happens when another shoe becomes the next "it" shoe to buy or for whatever reason, the shoe gets played or they release the same damn shoe 3x in a year and people decide to not buy the next release?

they sit in that shop owners storage room until somebody comes in wanting to buy them or they put them on sale to get rid of the inventory

c'mon brah

this is the same discussion when dudes say "man, i wouldnt pay x amount for this/that"...its not what its worth, its what someone is willing to pay for it.

Do you think the new Wu Tang album is worth $2M?

Do you think the nippsey hustle cd he was selling for $100 worth $100?

BUT SOMEONE THOUGHT THOSE ITEMS WERE WORTH THOSE PRICES AND PAID FOR THEM
  • AP21
    Options
    i said i wasnt gon let this ? catch me in his trap, and here i am...? trapped
  • S2J
    Options
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/40073651

U6f67aJ.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20141218-air-jordans-that-keep-on-giving
    Jordan Geller, a lawyer by training, has turned his back on courtrooms. After passing the California bar exam in the early 2000s, he realised the legal life was not for him and decided to follow his passion for another type of court altogether — the basketball court. Geller makes a living “flipping” new shoes online where collectable sneakers can sell for thousands of dollars

http://stockpick101.com/2013/05/sneakers-more-then-a-hobby-a-growing-business/

https://hbr.org/2007/08/how-to-profit-from-scarcity-1/

• S2J
    Options
    @ap21 i really dont know wtf you're talking about, like no ? . You clearly dont know ? about Js. The shoes in question, the ones seasoned collectors eye, arent 'sitting in a back room' my man.
  • AP21
    Options
    you got it breh

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those $600 sneakers are still available. Not surprised.