Spinoff: Do you and your S/O share how and what you spend your money on?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lets say you have a personal account and a joint account.
joint account is for the bills and everyday stuff.

do you feel you need to tell them every time you spend money or what you bought?

do you make them tell you the who what wheres and whys?

as long as the bills are paid ..does it really matter as long as the cops aint coming to your house?

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are a ? idiot if you every use a joint account and deserve whatever ? thst cones along with having one.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah ? ...you MARRIED. What married folk (2% of the IC) and relationship folk do is apples n oranges. Irrelevant thread
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knew this thread was coming...OP trying to check ? with their hypocrisy
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    You are a ? idiot if you every use a joint account and deserve whatever ? thst cones along with having one.

whoooa

lol

slow down bruh...you are right,no fight from me today

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Knew this thread was coming...OP trying to check ? with their hypocrisy

damn why you blowing up the spot..lol

but ? know they are hypocrites with the sharing info
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Nah ? ...you MARRIED. What married folk (2% of the IC) and relationship folk do is apples n oranges. Irrelevant thread

the relationship is the crawling....the marriage is walking...having a successful marriage is the marathon you are building for
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have a household budget and an allowance of sorts that we get as paper every month.

Neither one of us checks eachother about what we do with the paper. As long as the bills paid.
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have had a joint account for 15 years...if either of us wants to spend more than 200 we talk about it..never had any problems
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, no one has to check in with each other for spending money, unless its a signifacant purchase.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na no need to tell my girl what I spend my money on. Same with her. But if we're building towards something and I notice her doing a lot of reckless spending, I'll bring it up.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So then why did you marry her, if you don't trust her with something as trivial as a joint account for bills? You trust her with cooking your food, and raising your kids, but not with bill money? Interesting.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, we don't share, but she's able to look whenever she feel. We don't even have a joint account. I take care of all the bills, investments, savings and things of that nature. I tell her what I need per month, and she trusts me to make sure its in the right places. Should she want to see anything, she has all the access such as passwords and account info. She's a authorized user on all my credit cards and vice versa. Been doin it this way the better part of a decade. Well oiled machine B.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets say you have a personal account and a joint account.
    joint account is for the bills and everyday stuff.

do you feel you need to tell them every time you spend money or what you bought?

do you make them tell you the who what wheres and whys?

as long as the bills are paid ..does it really matter as long as the cops aint coming to your house?

The answers to these questions are specific to each person's relationship. Yes, yes, and yes are my answers. I would tell her what's going on as a FYI and a topic of conversation, and would ask her the same, for the same reason.

The bills being paid is an automatic thing, no one who knows what they're doing is stressing over paying bills. And once we became married, I would look at us as one entity and act accordingly.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    We have a joint account for bills/household stuff, a joint savings account and then our own personal checking accounts for us to buy our own ? with. Being that we're married she's eventually going to see what I'm spending my money on because I'm not buying ? and hiding it somewhere else and vice versa. She don't need to ask me to buy ? with her own money and neither do I with my own but it ain't like we can hide the purchases because them ? is coming to the house anyway.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So then why did you marry her, if you don't trust her with something as trivial as a joint account for bills? You trust her with cooking your food, and raising your kids, but not with bill money? Interesting.

I didn't marry anyone and am generally against the idea of marriage. It's very few benefits to it.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the relationship is the crawling....the marriage is walking...having a successful marriage is the marathon you are building for

? then ya ? is handicapped. ? is u talkin bout lls

You don't think ? notice ya threads and comments champ? Ya whole situation in disarray hahah
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if I was married I wouldn't have a joint account.

Doesn't work for me.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have a joint account for bills. But besides bills we don't worry about what the other person does with their money
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was young and foolish I had a joint account with this ? but when I found out she was cheating I emptied it and disappeared on the ? . It was the greatest decision I ever made

No I don't see the logic in telling your wife/girlfriend about everything you buy
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    With my ex wife, we did have a joint account. But I also had an account she never knew about it
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    A little different, cuz we're married.

We have a Bills Account and several other joint accounts - vacation, savings etc ...

We also have our respective personal accounts.

As far as I am concerned, she could make it rain off the tallest building in Midtown with her personal money.

To me, that's the whole idea behind personal accounts

It's all about trust ...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited December 2015
    Options

? then ya ? is handicapped. ? is u talkin bout lls

You don't think ? notice ya threads and comments champ? Ya whole situation in disarray hahah

says the man who thinks jordans are an investment.
    stlil looking for the ? in the armor huh......