Explain this thought process black folk....

Options
ChillaDaGawd
ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
Every once in awhile I see an article or news piece on this site and others. Where a Caucasian person will perform an act that if someone of another race did results in a different way of doing things. At first I was quick to point out the hypocrisy too.....but I realized ..there's no point.

White people have stuck to same gameplan for 500 + years or more.
We expect them to explain the hypocrisy we witness every day in our lives. At the other end of the spectrum we know they're unreasonable..yet we're hoping one day that they will explain to us why they do the things they do.

It's who they are at their core. They don't give a ? . So why do we?

Its complete insanity. ...doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results

Comments

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people don't give a ? bout nothin but other (rich) white ppl. Same as any other race or ethnic group in this country..a concept blacks as a whole have not adopted but def need to
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    We the sensitive emotional people that get portrayed as animals lol
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Start with trusting family and friends beyond as far as you can see them
  • ChillaDaGawd
    Options
    How do we fix ourselves to fix the system?

I think we debate too much on this ? . There's no wrong way to do this ? .
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do we fix ourselves to fix the system?

I think we debate too much on this ? . There's no wrong way to do this ? .

Can't fix a system that's built to keep us bound. Need to make our own.

We didn't land on Plymouth Rock...
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    I got more of these bars b.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    Options
    I feel like we going to be stuck in that status quo ? . Bad ? happens. ...outrage. ....back to living everyday lives
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Black people and communities need to .. Collect wealth and spread it amongst our own and only our own...

By raising the minimum wage to $15/hr, right?

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need more context... what actually happened?
  • ChillaDaGawd
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

This off of the response the other thread got that was called white women has fake gun at the police station. On one hand you shake your head that the cops didn't open fire....meanwhile if a black man or woman sneezes they would be shot.

We know as a people how ? up it is...and some of us would love to see some empathy but white people never show it.

The question is why do we keep trying to expect them to see the bigger picture. When they do know it exists but they don't care. @Trillfate
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Black people and communities need to .. Collect wealth and spread it amongst our own and only our own...

??? I'm not following.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    We as Black people can be too compassionate at a fault.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

This off of the response the other thread got that was called white women has fake gun at the police station. On one hand you shake your head that the cops didn't open fire....meanwhile if a black man or woman sneezes they would be shot.

We know as a people how ? up it is...and some of us would love to see some empathy but white people never show it.

The question is why do we keep trying to expect them to see the bigger picture. When they do know it exists but they don't care. @Trillfate
    Its not advantageous for whites to admit racial double standards. It doesn't benefit them to concede equality. From what ive gathered after reading thousands of comments on black injustice stories is that a lot of whites are predisposed to white supremacist beliefs whether they realize it or not.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem is, a lot of y'all are looking for leadership, instead of acting on your own. Your breaking point is the not the next man's breaking point and vice versa.

Show us what should be done through your actions, and the ones who agree will support and follow. Stop waiting for people to see the truth and wake them up yourself.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a whole, we shouldn't care what white people think about issues pertaining to our community. We (black people) should stop doing interviews with white media outlets explaining our point of views and asking for sympathy and change.

Silence is golden. Shut them out of our conversations because they only misconstrue our messages anyway.
    We have to stop asking for change and start demanding it.
    Imagine if all black people stayed home for a week , no work, no shopping, and no messages on social media....a true blackout.
    The white world and media would become very nervous and concerned about that show of strength and unity.

But this would never happen because we've never truely been united. We've been trained well to be selfish individuals. Too many ? and naysayers in our own community slow our progression.

If we showed true unity and displayed the real power black people hold, then we could regain the respect we lost around the World while causing real change here at home.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    In b4 @Kat explanation
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    As a whole, we shouldn't care what white people think about issues pertaining to our community. We (black people) should stop doing interviews with white media outlets explaining our point of views and asking for sympathy and change.

Silence is golden. Shut them out of our conversations because they only misconstrue our messages anyway.
    We have to stop asking for change and start demanding it.
    Imagine if all black people stayed home for a week , no work, no shopping, and no messages on social media....a true blackout.
    The white world and media would become very nervous and concerned about that show of strength and unity.

But this would never happen because we've never truely been united. We've been trained well to be selfish individuals. Too many ? and naysayers in our own community slow our progression.

If we showed true unity and displayed the real power black people hold, then we could regain the respect we lost around the World while causing real change here at home.
    I can agree with some sentiments here in general
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Less problems more solutions. ..
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options

??? I'm not following.

Many vehemently claim this is a solution to the problems our lower class faces.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/540206/15-minimum-wage/p1

Ironic, because it encourages behaviors that are in direct opposition to those that would "build wealth" within our community
  • ChillaDaGawd
    Options

??? I'm not following.

Many vehemently claim this is a solution to the problems our lower class faces.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/540206/15-minimum-wage/p1

Ironic, because it encourages behaviors that are in direct opposition to those that would "build wealth" within our community

That's assuming most black folks are in minimum wage positions
  • Peace_79
    Options
    What's assuming that?