Would It Be Possible To Re-Remix The Posthumous 2Pac Songs?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
According to an interview with MTV, Eminem was so moved by Tupac's life and work that he wrote a letter to Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, asking her to consider letting him produce the album. Shakur agreed, giving Eminem the go ahead. The album featured two singles- "Thugs Get Lonely Too" featuring Nate Dogg and "Ghetto Gospel" featuring Elton John.

I remember copping Loyal To The Game from the local mixtape spot for $2. I was living in Albany, NY at the time. I skipped through it in about 2 minutes and threw it directly in the trash.

I get that Eminem was as big as The Beatles and/or Elvis when he remixed that 2Pac album, but didn't somebody suggest that Dr Dre should remix it instead of Eminem?

And what about Better Days and Pac's Life? Were those any good? I haven't even heard them so if somebody re-remixed them I wouldn't notice the difference.

To be totally honest, I wouldn't mind if they just released the original Makavelli albums. I think it was Volume 1-9. They should have just released them in their original form and worried about the lawsuits later. They'd probably break even after the lawsuits anyway. If you're like me you want to hear the beat that Pac was rapping over, not Eminem's remix.

Keep The 7 Day Theory, R U Still Down and Until The End Of Time the way they were. Those were done right and not too much time passed so production styles hadn't changed too drastically.

Comments

• supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The album was straight garbage lol
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I get that Eminem was as big as The Beatles and/or Elvis when he remixed that 2Pac album, but didn't somebody suggest that Dr Dre should remix it instead of Eminem?

From what I understand Dre and 2pac aint like each other on a personal level when Pac died so he prolly wasn't gonna do that
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Fa sho. I always thought they shoulda just left the songs like they originally were when first made.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id prefer them release them how they were, i dont care for the production as long as it fits the styles but the features of newer rappers just doesnt do it for me...i like young buck but i dont need to hear him with tupac

I have a couple discs of the beatles in the studio playing with the sounds of different songs that ended up on albums sounding way different and there is discussions of them spitballing ideas of how to make the song sound better....i wonder if they have any of that with tupac in their vaults

The releases dont have to be comprehensive albums, at this point i think ppl would be interested to hear his ideas about different songs, as long as its authentic and doesnt sound poorly meshed together
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really hope if they were to release some Pac material, they don't ? up like that Biggie duets ? and put ? Pac wouldn't have worked with on it. And the production side should have ? that he worked with or could replicate that West Coast sound, or MATW era sound (Mo Bee) (Daz, Quik, Devante, Dre etc) not tryna hear Pac over some wack trap ? smh
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Thugs Get Money Too

2pac ft Gucci Mane
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you dont listen to Pac on the beats he flowed to or heard, it loses its essence.

• endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like better days but that loyal to the game the ? just dont fit together