Rakim speaks on who influenced his style

Options
bigbird_1
bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HELL YEAH. No more of that synthesizer ? . Put that boom bap in your life. The ? emcee has spoken.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You guys might not realize it now, but there was a big difference between the way Run DMC rapped and the way Rakim was rapping.

Run DMC's Raising Hell album came out in the summer of 1986. Eric B and Rakim's Eric B is President/My Melody 12" single came out the same summer. Rakim most definitely raised the bar. KRS One's South Bronx also came out that summer.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    You guys might not realize it ow, but there was a big difference between the way Run DMC rapped and the way Rakim was rapping.

Run DMC's Raising Hell album came out in the summer of 1986. Eric B and Rakim's Eric B is President/My Melody 12" single came out the same summer. Rakim most definitely raised the bar. KRS One's South Bronx also came out that summer.

KRS was and has always been ass. It's beyond me how he gets a pass because he's supposedly a legend.

Can't name any album, line, song he did that ever influenced anything in hip hop expect for stanning Mr Magic and getting salty for not getting signed. Bruh how tf were you so wack that you couldn't get signed in 86? I would've gotten signed with ABC raps
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys might not realize it ow, but there was a big difference between the way Run DMC rapped and the way Rakim was rapping.

KRS was and has always been ass. It's beyond me how he gets a pass because he's supposedly a legend.

Can't name any album, line, song he did that ever influenced anything in hip hop expect for stanning Mr Magic and getting salty for not getting signed. Bruh how tf were you so wack that you couldn't get signed in 86? I would've gotten signed with ABC raps

What year were you born?
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yo Fam I know you known as funny ? on this site.

But right now your slip is showing.

@Busta Carmichael
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was that Rah Digga's mom in the middle?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRS been dumpster particles since he debuted...Chingy status
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's interesting how Jazz influenced the intricacy of two of the greatest rappers of all time: Rakim and Nas.

Also I can see why Rakim called Eminem the Ali of Rap based on this interview.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Return of the Boom Bap, chea B)
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

KRS is one of the most sampled Hip Hop artists ever...your favorite artist(s) have sampled KRS. Please man, I believe and know your smarter than this. Must be a slow day for you...