Lebron James Speaks on Tamir Rice...

Options

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Him sitting out NBA games is stupid though.

Cavaliers playoff position has nothing to do with a corrupted prosecutor.

what's crazy is they want lebron to sit out...
    but while that's happening the prosecutor still whistling on his way to work everyday?? how does that work
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    Show me a sound bite of Tom Brady, Justin Beiber, or Taylor swift discussing social issues in the wht community?

wht ppl aren't stupid. when ? get thick, they seek the ppl who can actually handle, and discuss the issues FOR REAL SOLUTIONS. they don't go to entertainers...
    I guess when the community you are a part of is a joke. It make sense to look for court jesters for SOLUTIONS.

At the bolded : there's no such thing as "the white community"

I agree with the post for the most part tho. When there's a fire we don't call gardeners...even if its the best gardeners.

yes the ? there is.
    there's no such thing as a blk community. but the wht community is alive thriving and global...it's a system call white supremacy.

Mitt Romney ain't apart of the same community as barefoot mike from hidden valley mobile homes in kentucky..

through an elaborate multi-generational mind ? barefoot mike has been tricked into believing that him and mitt romney are on the same team..but no they're not.

They're on the same team, white supremacy.
    barefoot Mike from Kentucky, sleeps like a king at night because, he voted against his own interest just to maintain white supremacy...
    he'll sleep through the night peacefully, and happy because, he knows in this country he has more power, and privileged than the riches of ? .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't ? crown him the new Tommie smith a few months back?
    How he doesn't know about a case in his own backyard?

His statement was 2 paragraphs of “thats unfortunate"

Lebron did enough for u ? ... give ? a inch, they want the whole afro.... Dude is a BALL PLAYER not MALCOLM X.

ALi had the NATION OF ISLAM to protect him and back him.
    WHAT ORGANIZATION that's out nowadays, to create an atmosphere for an ALI?

Never said lebron owed anyone.

But he's not meteor man in a jersey like you ? want him to be...he spoke out in relatively safe issues everyone had an opinion on.

Most black people in the 60s that spoke out wasn't in the nation...stop that ? . The corrupted ass nation ain't needed to be outspoken.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    First i dont look to athletes for anything..

There are alot of connecting fibers to..

- He is a son of Cleveland/Akron He has kids Tamirs age
    - He actually said something before and said he doesnt allow his kids to have toy guns. So he was aware..

- Hes given back to kids in major and public ways.. kids very much the same age bracket as Tamir Rice who are recipients of his generosity... who too live in the same world Tamir was taken from

- He waded into social justice by throwing on that tshirt and hoody... As a megastar.. dont make bold statements without saying something.. If you cant say it yourself have your people say something

The problem with making 1 statement sometimes is people then expect you to make a statement every time something happens...and it seems like that's what happening to LeBron here along with the other factors you mentioned....
  • Stiff
    Options
    Show me a sound bite of Tom Brady, Justin Beiber, or Taylor swift discussing social issues in the wht community?

wht ppl aren't stupid. when ? get thick, they seek the ppl who can actually handle, and discuss the issues FOR REAL SOLUTIONS. they don't go to entertainers...
    I guess when the community you are a part of is a joke. It make sense to look for court jesters for SOLUTIONS.

I agree with the post for the most part tho. When there's a fire we don't call gardeners...even if its the best gardeners.

yes the ? there is.
    there's no such thing as a blk community. but the wht community is alive thriving and global...it's a system call white supremacy.

Mitt Romney ain't apart of the same community as barefoot mike from hidden valley mobile homes in kentucky..

through an elaborate multi-generational mind ? barefoot mike has been tricked into believing that him and mitt romney are on the same team..but no they're not.

barefoot Mike from Kentucky, sleeps like a king at night because, he voted against his own interest just to maintain white supremacy...
    he'll sleep through the night peacefully, and happy because, he knows in this country he has more power, and privileged than the riches of ? .

he has the perception of power but he doesn't actually have it..the mitt romneys don't want him at the table either

he has nothing going for him but he's been convinced that his white skin is all he needs..he clings to it for a sense of identity while the people at the top who pull the strings use him as cannon fodder for their agenda..he not part of their community he just THINKS he is..and him thinking that keeps the country turning.
  • Copper
    Options
    Lebron knows about this case though....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

- He actually said something before and said he doesnt allow his kids to have toy guns. So he was aware..

- Hes given back to kids in major and public ways.. kids very much the same age bracket as Tamir Rice who are recipients of his generosity... who too live in the same world Tamir was taken from

- He waded into social justice by throwing on that tshirt and hoody... As a megastar.. dont make bold statements without saying something.. If you cant say it yourself have your people say something

The problem with making 1 statement sometimes is people then expect you to make a statement every time something happens...and it seems like that's what happening to LeBron here along with the other factors you mentioned....

Yup .. if you gonna make a statement you must make emphatic and unmistakable.. nothing more nothing-less
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's how the ? works

You don't get to lead sometimes..

If you spoke out cause it was the hot topic and trendy before, idk...

? it....who cares
  • D0wn
    Options
    Didn't ? crown him the new Tommie smith a few months back?
    How he doesn't know about a case in his own backyard?

His statement was 2 paragraphs of “thats unfortunate"

Lebron did enough for u ? ... give ? a inch, they want the whole afro.... Dude is a BALL PLAYER not MALCOLM X.

ALi had the NATION OF ISLAM to protect him and back him.
    WHAT ORGANIZATION that's out nowadays, to create an atmosphere for an ALI?

Never said lebron owed anyone.

But he's not meteor man in a jersey like you ? want him to be...he spoke out in relatively safe issues everyone had an opinion on.

Most black people in the 60s that spoke out wasn't in the nation...stop that ? . The corrupted ass nation ain't needed to be outspoken.
    first off, loud mouth ? are always vocals, it's action they always lacked.

2nd, we're talking about Athletes, not "most blk ppl".
    As an athlete, ALI was the most outspoken, during his time, and he SPOKE out CONSISTENTLY...and he was a member of AN ORGANIZATION.
    I Like how u ignored the "WHAT Organization?" question in my post. As in, any ORGANIZATION, not jut the NOI.

Most of those ATHLETES and Actors, from the past who spoke out, had blk organizations that they were a part of , helped and backed.
    WHAT's out now?
    u want a LEBRON JAMES to go against a SYSTEM ON HIS OWN? Dude is not versed in that field... nor does he has anyone to back him.

Alot of u ? fail to understand that, this is, and always was a community issue, and it will take a collective effort, not just throw one ? to the wolves, and hope the photo op goes well. cause ,this was a cry for a publicity stunt on behalf of symbolism ,and not actual solutions.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He need to speak out on his field goal percentage this year
  • blackrain
    Options

Yup .. if you gonna make a statement you must make emphatic and unmistakable.. nothing more nothing-less

True but I think it's silly to expect a grand statement every time something happens. If you make 1 make it count of course but running to LeBron for an answer or any athlete is silly
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True but I think it's silly to expect a grand statement every time something happens. If you make 1 make it count of course but running to LeBron for an answer or any athlete is silly
    I agree. But fam unless he just wants to admit his Cleveland love is a marketing scheme.. this case. this case should matter a lil bit more than something that amounts to thats messed up. I mean i shouldnt expect everyone to be engaged/invested/thoughtful on matters that affect our community at large but damn this is in your locale
  • D0wn
    Options

yes the ? there is.

he has the perception of power but he doesn't actually have it..the mitt romneys don't want him at the table either

he has nothing going for him but he's been convinced that his white skin is all he needs..he clings to it for a sense of identity while the people at the top who pull the strings use him as cannon fodder for their agenda..he not part of their community he just THINKS he is..and him thinking that keeps the country turning.

That White Boy has MORE POWER THAN YOU, and that's all that matters TO HIM.... THEY LIKE THEY'RE ? IN THEIR PLACE.
    THESE WHITE COPS WHO ARE KILLING US, AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT, ARE LIVING FROM CHECK TO CHECK, THEY'RE NOT SITTING AT THE TABLE WITH ROMNEY EITHER.
    BUT UNDER THE SYSTEM OF WHITE SUPREMACY, HE MAINTAINS HIS PRIVILEGE...

Again, I Can post stories of whites engaging in shoot outs with others, AND THE POLICE, only to be detained ALIVE.
    yet TAMIR And John Crawford are killed in a heart beat, for having fake guns... but i guess that's all perception ... huh?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just find it hard to believe that he claims he doesn't know much about it..It happened in Cleveland, he has sons of his own around the same age and it happened a little over a year ago.

He doesn't have to sit out games. That's his profession and the two have no correlation but a little acknowledgement of the situation can go a long way.

I don't think anyone believes Lebron or anyone else can fix our problems. It's more so being a voice many of us aren't afforded. You know why whites don't look to celebrities? They are the majority, we are not. Things that affect us don't affect them in the same way.

When you take away the pedestal and the money, they are just like us. They shouldn't be exempt from speaking about social issues. I think giving that pass is more damaging than not.
  • Stiff
    Options

yes the ? there is.

That White Boy has MORE POWER THAN YOU, and that's all that matters TO HIM.... THEY LIKE THEY'RE ? IN THEIR PLACE.
    THESE WHITE COPS WHO ARE KILLING US, AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT, ARE LIVING FROM CHECK TO CHECK, THEY'RE NOT SITTING AT THE TABLE WITH ROMNEY EITHER.
    BUT UNDER THE SYSTEM OF WHITE SUPREMACY, HE MAINTAINS HIS PRIVILEGE...

Again, I Can post stories of whites engaging in shoot outs with others, AND THE POLICE, only to be detained ALIVE.
    yet TAMIR And John Crawford are killed in a heart beat, for having fake guns... but i guess that's all perception ... huh?

He doesn't have more power than me..he has more privilege than me and there's a difference.
    You think every white person in America has more power by default than every Black person?
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron knows about this case though....

That true. He spoke about it in February when he stated that he had conversations with his kids in the past about having toy guns; that they need to be non realistic looking and they can't take them outside of the house.

It's not as if there's been additional facts that came out between then and today. Homie just gave a politically correct statement.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    Here are mines everyone was back slapping Lebron for throwing on a Hoody and a T-shirt.. and praising him as a leader in social justice in the sports arena.. . Wrongfully... because he never fully articulated like SOME other athletes have. Basically hes is saying ..."thats messed up" .. Its shame tbh especially coming from that area being in that area. He should have never been touted as something he isn't.. its inexcusable for something like this that had national international attention to happen in your backyard yet you have nothing substantive to say..

If you throw on that Hoody to make a statement.. make....a STATEMENT

I wrote about that situation in a paper. I applauded LeBron for making a statement. I get the paper back from the professor (old white guy) and he wrote a comment saying this is just LeBron being LeBron, meaning he's trying get attention.
    I tbought to myself, dude just hatin, but reading the bolded just made think twice about my original opinion of the Miami Heat Hoodie pic.

This ? happened in the city he plays for..he has a son close to the age Tamir Rice was...you telling me you're not fully aware of the circumstances surrounding the shooting...Really King?HE17cy.gif

Smh......great talent, but he's just a glory hog18225312.gif

^^^Type people i cannot associate with in life. At ALL. Not Lebron, people like you and your professor. (You just put yourself in the same box as an old white man, btw)

The type people to doubt and meet someone else's joy with hate are FILTH to me. You in a bad space

And for the record, Lebron simply being Lebron and wearing the hoodie gave it more eyes on a mainstream level. Bc, again, not everyone in the world logs into the IC everyday Lol So that WAS his contribution , that's his service, thats his act of being a vessel of change. Do you know what a vessel is?

vessel noun [C] (PERSON)
    › literary; a ​person who has a ​particular ​quality or who is used for a ​particular ​purpose

Political activism aint his particular quality. Its not his particular purpose. When ordinary citizens set up get out n vote drives thats their particular purpose. ..they are a vessel for the politicians to then do THEIR job. THEIR particular purpose.

Look at me, king. Do you understand ?

76f819247643c611523f88e6a720ce26.jpg
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    He said a whole lot of nothing IMO

lol forreal. He just talking in circles. How do you "not have much knowledge of" major news stories??
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the real question is what does Steph Curry think of this?
  • Copper
    Options
    "The most important thing that we all need to understand, the most important thing, this issue is bigger than LeBron," he said.

Yeah..that's the most important thing about this
  • blackrain
    Options

I agree. But fam unless he just wants to admit his Cleveland love is a marketing scheme.. this case. this case should matter a lil bit more than something that amounts to thats messed up. I mean i shouldnt expect everyone to be engaged/invested/thoughtful on matters that affect our community at large but damn this is in your locale

That ? don't love Cleveland he loves Akron and has always publicly made that distinction. But again I do agree simply based on how close he is to say he doesn't know the details is weird...then again plenty people don't know the details so it is what it is
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

There are actually a lot of white celebrities who openly champion and speak on causes that are important to them such as ? rights, drug legalization, climate change, animal cruelty, gun control, etc because of their platform

Many of whom are politically active

And I'm sure many them were prompted or requested to do so

Yes Peyton Manning doesn't face the same pressure to speak on social issues as a LeBron James

The difference is Peyton isn't a member of a community that is largely disenfranchised ...who are underrepresented in government and corporate America

And no one is looking for LeBron to solve anything....most ppl look towards celebrities in these matters to make use of their fame and resources same as they did during the Civil Rights Movement...not unreasonable

Not to say that it's a great idea or that we should expect every blk celebrity to speak on and champion issues important to us but let's be real

If LeBron and his teammates were to actually sit out games and call for his fans to not come to the games costing Cleveland and team owners possibly costing millions in revenue that would get some heads turning...same as what happened in Missouri when the college football players boycotted

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackrain
    Options
    "The most important thing that we all need to understand, the most important thing, this issue is bigger than LeBron," he said.

Yeah..that's the most important thing about this

He gave that answer in the context of being asked about boycotting games like some were asking.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ? in a bucket.

Attack "Prosecutor" McGinty, not Lebron

That'll require "work"
    Word. Work as opposed to making up hastags...

Its because...
    They want a "leader" with lots to lose, be the fall guy. All in the name of Symbolism, and not actual SOLUTIONS.