Jason Bourne (2016)

Options

Comments

• nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They the same but different. I know exactly what to expect and I'm not disappointed. Just a bad ass movie
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only movie ticket I regret buying this year. (i liked Xmen) This was some formulaic clichéd action film ? . One critic compared it to 80s flicks like Commando, but if you added a few gadgets & a romance scene you'd have a subpar Bond film imho. Its hard to even appreciate what's going on during the Vegas chase due to the editing.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Only movie ticket I regret buying this year. (i liked Xmen) This was some formulaic clichéd action film ? . One critic compared it to 80s flicks like Commando, but if you added a few gadgets & a romance scene you'd have a subpar Bond film imho. Its hard to even appreciate what's going on during the Vegas chase due to the editing.

Shaky cam? Lol
  • Beta
    Options
    I remember my friend left when we was all watching Bourne ultimatum because the shaky cam made his head or stomach hurt lmao
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That Vegas chase scene was the best part of the movie other than that if you saw the first Bourne movies then you saw this one.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was the first Bourne movie I ever saw and I liked it. Maybe if I saw the previous movies I would feel the movie was underwhelming
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Can a movie be fire and then get a rating of 7.5? Lol

The general rating scale ranges from 1 to 10 so yes.

If anything people tend to overrate certain movies by giving them 8 or 9s. 7 to 7.5 is above average to good.
  • Beta
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Can a movie be fire and then get a rating of 7.5? Lol

The general rating scale ranges from 1 to 10 so yes.

If anything people tend to overrate certain movies by giving them 8 or 9s. 7 to 7.5 is above average to good.

I don't agree as "fire" generally means better than good but it's cool I ain't sweating it
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Vegas chase scene was the best part of the movie other than that if you saw the first Bourne movies then you saw this one.

Yea I agree. Seems like they're just setting up for a new story arc. They need to go deeper with it though.

• Beta
    Options
    Bad quality but kodi got Jason Bourne

I'll wait a week though
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    A 7/10. The action was good but it lacked cohesion and purpose of the Bourne Ultimatum. Still entertaining but it felt like they were doing it just because and I wasn't sold on the plot really. The Bourne mystery is over really with Ultimatum. They tried to make it relevant with the Snowden angle but it didnt fully work. It'd be interesting to see where they go with this.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was good. The plot was a little shallow...but good action overall.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I disliked the whole social media tycoon angle. Kinda played.
  • dbrown313
    dbrown313 Members Posts: 3
    Options
    I only seen I Bourne movie. How many is it anyway?
  • Beta
    Options
    dbrown313 wrote: »
    I only seen I Bourne movie. How many is it anyway?

Lol 5

4 with Matt Damon and they allllll the same recipe
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Julie Stiles aging like milk.

They did the right thing swappin her out for a newer model.

Movie did what was expected. Least complicated plot of them all which i thought was a good thing.

I cant even tell u what the other 3 were about other than Damon beats people up. And i completely forgot about the 1 with Renner.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie is an example why im not ashamed to say i dont do action movies. Once the chase scenes start im sleep. Its boring and redundant

How u 10 plus years deep and 5 movies in and this ? just now askin why he in the program :joy: Didn't he already do that...Just no.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    This movie is an example why im not ashamed to say i dont do action movies. Once the chase scenes start im sleep. Its boring and redundant

How u 10 plus years deep and 5 movies in and this ? just now askin why he in the program :joy: Didn't he already do that...Just no.

More than 10yrs

1st one dropped in 2002
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was entertaining... I even liked the performances of Vincent Cassel (the asset) and the chick who plays the IT Director in the CIA

I was even more impressed with the IT architecture depicted in this movie than the fight and chase scenes (been there, done that)

LOL @ them leaving the door open for another sequel with the end part... for a summer flick it did it's job anyway

4/5
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Straight meh. When him and Stiles got on the motorcycle and Frenchie started chasing them with a sniper rifle, I said are we REALLY going to have a second ? get shot after a high speed chase in the same franch--POP! POP!

The shaky cam ? is atrocious. I don't even get motion sickness; I just feel like it adds ? all to a movie. As soon as it started, I almost got the ? up and left. I forget which one overdid Bourne 2 or 3, but it's a sucker-ass technique that should get a director killed on sight for even breathing the words.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL ? it ain't that serious though

Every director got their style with pictures and Greengrass was into the world of mass media before film so he will shoot his films 'documentary' style to achieve some realism

I personally don't care much for it
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LOL ? it ain't that serious though

Every director got their style with pictures and Greengrass was into the world of mass media before film so he will shoot his films 'documentary' style to achieve some realism

I personally don't care much for it

The movie is about a super soldier with identity issues. ? realism. Frame that ? and let the actors duke it out. Jack Jackie Chan or Tony Jaa's fight choreography and get the ? outta here with epileptics running the camera.

Camera men should've been listed in the credits as Lil Wayne and Rick Ross respectively.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's almost as if someone let Michael J Fox film this movie at times.