GnS Politics 2016: Age of Consent

Options
LPast
LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
This would be federal, eliminating the differences we currently have between the states.

GnS Politics 2016: Age of Consent 36 votes

5%
Built 4 cuban linxTheGOAT 2 votes
0%
19%
nawledge_godyellowtapesportriddlerapVulcanRavenblacktuxzzombieTragedy1 7 votes
8%
[Deleted User]onetoughmiracleThe_Jackal 3 votes
66%
playmaker88MsSouthernbigduece69fortyacresGhostdenithegawdvagrant-718damobb2deepspit_fiyaCapitalBMr.LVWill MunnyLPastCainBussy_Getta Ajackson17StoneColdMikeygoldenjaTheBoyRodesertrain10Turfaholic 24 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Most 16 yr olds and younger aren't smart enough to make mature decisions period

17 isn't really much better

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are officially fully grown at the age of 25, but capable of making rational decisions at 18. So I'll go with that.
  • Tragedy1
    Tragedy1 Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, adult cognition is developed by 16.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My state is 17 too young for me but I agree with it
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tragedy1 wrote: »

Security
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    17 with a' when's ya birthday'
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    at 17 you are old enough to die for your country.

didnt know that..
    i change my vote to 17 then..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    On second thought .. if you can drive you can ride

sc49dw.gif

Cant you drive at 15 in some places or at least get your learners? ? that
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Most 16 yr olds and younger aren't smart enough to make mature decisions period

17 isn't really much better

Word. I was reading the differences in the minds of a 16 year old and an 8 year old isn't much different. Ages might be a little off, but teenagers aren't much better than younger children with reasoning and decision making.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    On second thought .. if you can drive you can ride

sc49dw.gif

Cant you drive at 15 in some places or at least get your learners? ? that

Hence the Rkelly gif.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18 seems reasonable.

Anything below that is somewhat questionable.
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2016
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    18 seems reasonable.

yeh but... if a ? can go to war at 17 she should be able to go to her 45yr okd boyfriend's house..

fair is fair..
    she should be able to gamble.. drink and get high too!
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is wrong wit you ? . You can ? a 16 y/o wit hot cheetos and a iphone 5c. You dont know ? about the world at 16, you just out here wit ragin hormones and just tryin to jump off the porch wit a job and maybe a car.

The youngest i would put a child in a woman's hands and say "go raise it" is 18, and im not even comfortable then. If you not ready to deal with, or worse, still largely unaware about the consequences of sex, you shouldnt be ? . You dont even have the forward thinking skills to manage yourself yet, let alone 2 lives. Theres a difference between adult cognition, and judgement. My 16 or 17 year old daughter cant be around no 23 year old ? yo. Ya'll crazy.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    ? is wrong wit you ? . You can ? a 16 y/o wit hot cheetos and a iphone 5c. You dont know ? about the world at 16, you just out here wit ragin hormones and just tryin to jump off the porch wit a job and maybe a car.

The youngest i would put a child in a woman's hands and say "go raise it" is 18, and im not even comfortable then. If you not ready to deal with, or worse, still largely unaware about the consequences of sex, you shouldnt be ? . You dont even have the forward thinking skills to manage yourself yet, let alone 2 lives. Theres a difference between adult cognition, and judgement. My 16 or 17 year old daughter cant be around no 23 year old ? yo. Ya'll crazy.

u lookin at it too personally..
    i feel the same way..

BUT if they can go fight a war at 17 who are we to tell them who they can ? or the next ? that they cant??
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tragedy1 wrote: »

Even though around the age of 16, 17 teens are forming adult cognitive abilities, science now suggests that most people won't reach full maturity until the age 25

Than teens still do not have the life experiences to guide them in making the best choices

• _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not sendin a 17 year old to war either. You cant go to the nfl til youre 19/20 because its a grown man game. Nothing more grown than dying for your country. Theres a decent gap in development from 17 to 20. Cant drink til you 21 but you can go to WAR at 17. ? the law, thats ? . You cant pay a light bill, but you bust your gun for whitey, ? that.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    18 seems reasonable.

yeh but... if a ? can go to war at 17 she should be able to go to her 45yr okd boyfriend's house..

fair is fair..
    she should be able to gamble.. drink and get high too!

Maybe that should be changed too

Seriously you'd want your 17yr old daughter to legally be able to ? a 45 yr old ???
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think 16 is the earliest age of consent in most of the world.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    America babies it's youth too much it's really a result of the feminization of society
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Im not sendin a 17 year old to war either. You cant go to the nfl til youre 19/20 because its a grown man game. Nothing more grown than dying for your country. Theres a decent gap in development from 17 to 20. Cant drink til you 21 but you can go to WAR at 17. ? the law, thats ? . You cant pay a light bill, but you bust your gun for whitey, ? that.

In most cases, the difference between ? a 17 yr old and 18yr old can only be determined if you ask for ID

No ?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Age of consent is 16 here, used to be 14. 14 yr olds can still have sex but only with someone within 5 yrs of their age and not in a position of authority/trust/dependency. 12 and 13 yr olds are permitted to have sex also as long as their partner is within 2 yrs of their age.