Is DWade Lebron's rival.

Options
Fooley
Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
I keep hearing how Magic, Jordan, or Bird wouldn't have joined their rivals. Magic said he was trying to beat Larry Bird since college. Larry Bird said he wanted to beat Magic. People have said Jordan would have never joined the Pistons after getting pummeled by them. But is Dwade really Lebron's rival? If anything Carmelo Anthony is Lebron's rival. Before and leading up to the draft everybody was pitting Lebron and Carmelo against each other, picking sides and saying who was better and who would have the better career, Dwade was practically irrelevant. Also there is that other man Kobe, people have pitted them against each other as in who is the best player in the league. I don't see how Dwade and Lebron were rivals. They never even faced each other in the playoffs.

Comments

• rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    no b/c they ducked each other like mayweather and pacman, they never met in the playoffs despite playing in the same conference the last 7 yrs
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I vote

dwight-lebron.jpg

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes, Archrival!! I agree with Dwight Howard being a rival too but they are not matched up like that! D Wade has made the same impact to his team
    that Lebron (did for his old team) and rival each other when it comes to stats and abilities!!
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rakim ii wrote: »
    no b/c they ducked each other like mayweather and pacman, they never met in the playoffs despite playing in the same conference the last 7 yrs

No...Just...No. How can u 'duck' somebody in the NBA

Just...No.
  • S2J
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Their were never rivals b/c, contrary to how nggas tellin it now, Lebron has been on a whole nother level than everyone not named Kobe.

His 'rivals' were teams...Detroit, then Boston, then Orlando

Any individual rival was forced, similar to how Drexler was forced onto Mike (till Mike shytted on him in 92)

Remember their first two years people questioned if Melo was better than Bron...he deaded that ? quick.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    They aren't rivals, but they should be. Thats the point, they are 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA and nowadays instead of people in that top 5 hating each other and wanting to play against each other, they wanna be best friends. ? like that waters down the NBA because we see less games like the Cavs-Nuggets game where Melo and Lebron went at each other the whole game.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dwades Rival was lebron.. Lebrons other rival was Melo..

They tried to have Lebron as Kobe rival but they are from two different planets.. and never met up on a neutral planet to fight it out..
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    there aren't any real rivalries between the superstars anymore. they are all friends, on and off the court and have been for years
  • Fooley
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dwades Rival was lebron.. Lebrons other rival was Melo..

They tried to have Lebron as Kobe rival but they are from two different planets.. and never met up on a neutral planet to fight it out..

I disagree. Lebron and DWade were never rivals, people started saying that on July 8, 2010 . Melo and Lebron were rivals from jump, they have history together. They had a battle against each other in High School. People were debating whether or not Lebron should be the first pick. People were saying Melo was better than him. Lebron and Melo have always been rivals. And Lebron stay murdering Kobe when they matchup.
  • Fooley
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    there aren't any real rivalries between the superstars anymore. they are all friends, on and off the court and have been for years

is something wrong with that?
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i dont even consider lebron and melo to be rivals, them dudes are probably very good friends. imo its not a rivalry just b/c ESPN says so
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »
    I disagree. Lebron and DWade were never rivals, people started saying that on July 8, 2010 . Melo and Lebron were rivals from jump, they have history together. They had a battle against each other in High School. People were debating whether or not Lebron should be the first pick. People were saying Melo was better than him. Lebron and Melo have always been rivals. And Lebron stay murdering Kobe when they matchup.

False .. for atleast 3 games they played kobe has been hurt cute.. buti can remmber him hiting clutch shots over bron and Z..

Show me the videotape.. where he has been murdering Kobe.. until then go back to summerschool
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    is something wrong with that?

yes, the NBA is/ was much more exciting when there was a genuine dislike among the players. there are no true rivalries left anymore.
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yes, the NBA is/ was much more exciting when there was a genuine dislike among the players. there are no true rivalries left anymore.

Yup... Knick Bulls.. Knicks Heat.. Lakers Sac/Portland/SanAntonio/Boston.. Bulls/Jazz alot of classic matchups heated rivalries definitely put you on the edge
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I disagree. Lebron and DWade were never rivals, people started saying that on July 8, 2010 . Melo and Lebron were rivals from jump, they have history together. They had a battle against each other in High School. People were debating whether or not Lebron should be the first pick. People were saying Melo was better than him. Lebron and Melo have always been rivals. And Kobe stay murdering LeBron when they matchup.

*fixed....
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    they should be rivals but instead they're butt buddies
  • S2J
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think its just a reflection of the culture.

Look at Dwight Howard big goofy ass...Shaq was goofy OFF the court, but on the court he was ready to slap Vlade or Brad Miller to sleep.

These guys dont have that 'if i lose my friendship with u, so be it' gene that Mike, Isaiah, Bird, etc had

its not a coincidence that teven he nggas winnin all the rings now are not the 'in-the-mix' guys: Kobe, Duncan, Pistons, Celts, even the Heat had a bunch of old heads
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the league needs some superstars with the attitude of Kendrick Perkins.
  • Fooley
    edited July 2010
    Options
    False .. for atleast 3 games they played kobe has been hurt cute.. buti can remmber him hiting clutch shots over bron and Z..

Show me the videotape.. where he has been murdering Kobe.. until then go back to summerschool
    LeBron James improved to 8-5 in head-to-head meetings with Kobe Bryant after completing a sweep of the 2009-10 series.

James' Cavs have defeated Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers two games in a row and seven of the last nine.

James has outscored Bryant in eight of their 13 meetings.

The Plain Dealer's Mike Peticca took an in-depth look at their encounters before the Jan. 21, 2010, game.
    Here's a quick game-by-game comparison.

Date Winner Score LeBron Kobe
    1/21/10 Cavs 93-87 37 16
    12/25/09 Cavs 102-87 26 35
    2/8/09 Lakers 101-91 16 19
    1/19/09 Lakers 105-88 23 20
    1/27/08 Cavs 98-95 41 33
    12/20/07 Cavs 94-90 33 21
    2/15/07 Cavs 114-108 38 34
    2/11/07 Cavs 99-90 18 36
    3/19/06 Cavs 96-95 29 38
    1/12/06 Lakers 99-98 28 27
    2/13/05 Cavs 103-89 25 26
    1/13/05 Lakers 98-94 28 2
    2/4/04 Lakers 111-106 32 DNP
    1/12/04 Lakers 89-79 16 10

Yall seriously be hating on Bron like that dude ain't sick wit it.
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    wow, not this ? again.
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yall seriously be hating on Bron like that dude ain't sick wit it.

Does lebron guard kobe..
  • Fooley
    edited July 2010
    Options
    wow, not this ? again.

I ain't never say LeBron was better than Kobe[even though he is]. He was talking out the side of his neck about how LeBron ain't on the same planet as Kobe like LeBron ain't a beast or something
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I ain't never say LeBron was better than Kobe[even though he is]. He was talking out the side of his neck about how LeBron ain't on the same planet as Kobe like LeBron ain't a beast or something

Lebron is a beast.. didnt say he wasnt.. now like i said get some video.. or sit your ass down
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    They played hard as hell against each other during their teams match-up... I mean hell the reason this even happen is because LeBeout tried to get Jermaigne and he you even see him saying that's how you do it to LePeace
  • Fooley
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lebron is a beast.. didnt say he wasnt.. now like i said get some video.. or sit your ass down

it's a lot of videos