The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm so sick of hearing about Trump. I'll be glad when this whole election is over.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Ted Cruz is a ? coward and the worst kind of man.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    What Trump promise him? AG job? Solicitor General?

Couldn't be me
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Couldn't be me

People saying it was the GOP Leader that threatened to take away financial support for Republicans that don't endorse Trump.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Couldn't be me

Cruz probably thinks that Trump is going to lose so he is trying to show that he was supportive during this election so that Cruz doesn't face Republican voter backlash for 2020 if he decides to run again. Also, if Hillary wins, she is so scandal-prone, that she could possibly lose in 2020 if she runs for re-election if its against the right opponent......Cruz is an idiot if he thinks he is going to get the Republican GOP nomination in 2020 because he is too divisive.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Washington (CNN)Donald Trump threatened Saturday to bring Gennifer Flowers, with whom Bill Clinton admitted to having a sexual relationship decades ago, to Monday's presidential debate.

The taunt is a response to prominent Trump critic Mark Cuban's plans to sit in the front row of the debate at the invitation of Hillary Clinton's campaign. It's the Republican nominee's latest public reference to the 42nd president's infidelity, which he has occasionally cited in his campaign to criticize his Democratic challenger.
    "If ? Mark Cuban of failed Benefactor fame wants to sit in the front row, perhaps I will put Jennifer Flowers right alongside of him!" Trump tweeted Saturday afternoon.
    He soon deleted the original message and tweeted again with the correct spelling of Flowers' first name.
    Cuban quickly shot back via Twitter, mocking Trump for allegedly referring to the two of them as the "Bobbsey Twins," a term referencing the long-running children's book series about wholesome siblings.
    "Donald. Remember when you told me on the phone we were "Bobbsie Twins" and I laughed ? #truestory," wrote Cuban.
    A message left with Flowers through a website she operates was not immediately returned.
    Clinton's running mate, Tim Kaine, declined to comment when asked about the tweet in Providence Forge, Virginia.
    Trump on Monday had told Fox News' Bill O'Reilly that if Clinton "treats me with respect, I will treat her with respect." His tweet Saturday came roughly an hour after The New York Times endorsed Clinton for president.
    Flowers, a former Arkansas state employee, said she had a 12-year sexual relationship with Bill Clinton during his 1992 presidential run. He later admitted under oath in 1998 to a sexual encounter with her.

Cuban has tried to publicly shame Trump throughout the 2016 campaign, regularly slamming the Republican nominee for not releasing his taxes. The attacks have been particularly effective, given Cuban's status as a fellow billionaire and his public persona as a similarly brash businessman.
    He cheered his invitation by the Clinton campaign to attend Monday's showdown.
    "Just got a front row seat to watch @HillaryClinton overwhelm @realDonaldTrump at the "Humbling at Hofstra" on Monday. It Is On!" Cuban tweeted on Thursday.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/24/politics/donald-trump-gennifer-flowers-hillary-clinton-debate/index.html

:joy: he gonna fly out all Bill's old hoes. Bill gonna pull up playing Paranoid by Ty Dolla $ign
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The debate gonna be crazy man within what ten.mins i see a shoutin match
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    I'm so sick of hearing about Trump. I'll be glad when this whole election is over.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This is old, but i just saw it.

kw52f9r.jpg
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I'm on record saying Cruz should've laid hands on Trump at a debate for the ? he said about his wife. What a ? ? .
    this Ted Cruz flip-flop is so shameful

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh... Cruz said he wouldn't be a "servile puppy dog" by endorsing Trump after Trump said his wife was ugly and that his dad helped killed JFK (LMAO), and then he ? endorses him. That had to hurt his soul if he has one.

Cruz really thinks being completely spineless is going to give him a shot in 2020? I can see why his peers have nothing good to say about him. John Boehner called him "Lucifer in the flesh" LOL. This guy must be the worst.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Cruz probably thinks that Trump is going to lose so he is trying to show that he was supportive during this election so that Cruz doesn't face Republican voter backlash for 2020 if he decides to run again.

lol its way too late for that after the stunt he pulled at the convention. That was a calculated bet on Trump losing. This feels like a panic move from someone realizing Trump had a better shot at winning than they previously thought. Reince is a ? , he's not gonna stop anybody, just like he didn't stop Trump. Cruz out here falling for ? ? poker bluffs. I'm thankful he's not as clever as he thinks he is.
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a gut feeling Trump will win the debate, all he has to do is not yell and people will say he looked "calm" "poised" and "presidential"
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump endorsed by US immigration officers

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has picked up the endorsement of the union representing 5000 US immigration officers, a boost of support for his immigration policy ahead of his first debate with Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Trump has laid out a hardline position on illegal immigration, proposing to build a wall along the US southern border with Mexico and take other steps to ? down on the flow of undocumented people crossing into the United States.

With immigration likely to be discussed at the debate, the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council, a union representing 5000 federal immigration officers and law enforcement support staff, announced it would support Trump, in what was described as its first endorsement of a candidate for elected office.

The union's president, Chris Crane, outlined in a statement why his group is backing Trump, saying his union members are "the last line of defence for American communities" and that his members "are prevented from enforcing the most basic immigration laws."

A CNN/ORC poll released on September 7 said that among registered voters, 49 per cent said they trusted Clinton to handle immigration, a slight advantage over Trump, who was at 47 per cent.

Crane said the endorsement was conducted by a vote of the union's membership and that Clinton received only five per cent of the vote.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hillary won the coin toss and will be on the right side of your screen and will get to answer the first question.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I learned a long time ago not to follow the polls. And no one should either.

Polls are more for the media and their guests to go back & forth over. Give them something to talk about. These were the same polls that had Romney beating Obama in a close election, and we saw how that turned out.

You gotta take inconsideration the number of people they poll, and who they poll. They can poll 10 people, wit 6 of them going for Hillary and 4 going for Trump, and they'll turned around and say she leads Trump 51% to 49%. Just go out and vote. Damn the polls.

As for the debate, I think it's gonna be boring. Both sides are gonna play it safe. I don't expect fireworks like the GOP primaries.

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to watch the debates just to see the ? that may be on display tonight.

This has to be one of the worst election yrs ever.
  • Mr.LV
    Options

Polls are more for the media and their guests to go back & forth over. Give them something to talk about. These were the same polls that had Romney beating Obama in a close election, and we saw how that turned out.

You gotta take inconsideration the number of people they poll, and who they poll. They can poll 10 people, wit 6 of them going for Hillary and 4 going for Trump, and they'll turned around and say she leads Trump 51% to 49%. Just go out and vote. Damn the polls.

As for the debate, I think it's gonna be boring. Both sides are gonna play it safe. I don't expect fireworks like the GOP primaries.

Romney thought he was going to win I remember when Goldie Taylor was talking about President Obama was going to destroy Mitt Romney and get over 300 electoral votes even got down to the states he will win the results were 332 to Mitt Romney 206, everybody on bill maher roundtable thought she was delusional,smoking something or getting her information from a liberal bubble.

On Bill Maher
    @ 4:50
    https://youtu.be/ewt23QAoa5E

And after the results on MSNBC Goldie Taylor
    @3:30
    https://youtu.be/forbeEgx9Wc

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bernie speaking that truth!
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Bernie speaking that truth!

Yeah he on CNN.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Romney thought he was going to win I remember when Goldie Taylor was talking about President Obama was going to destroy Mitt Romney and get over 300 electoral votes even got down to the states he will win the results were 332 to Mitt Romney 206, everybody on bill maher roundtable thought she was delusional,smoking something or getting her information from a liberal bubble.

On Bill Maher
    @ 4:50
    https://youtu.be/ewt23QAoa5E

And after the results on MSNBC Goldie Taylor
    @3:30
    https://youtu.be/forbeEgx9Wc

Ether.

Contrary to what these media pundits, political analysts, and "experts" say, a vast majority of the American public do not follow the polls, or their opinions. Not everyone voices publicly who they're voting for. And if they do, doesn't mean they'll do it behind that voting booth curtain.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    lol its way too late for that after the stunt he pulled at the convention. That was a calculated bet on Trump losing. This feels like a panic move from someone realizing Trump had a better shot at winning than they previously thought.
    i am going to give Cruz enough credit to assume this is about signaling to the GOP establishment. but still... he looks like a ? punk
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp. 90 minutes. Six segments. Two candidates.

Let's see what happens.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Democrat wearing all Red
    Republican wearing a blue tie
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still can't believe what my eyes are seeing. Donald Trump this close to being president. Maybe tonight is he big reveal where he says it was all a joke and he's trolling? Promotes Trump Steaks and walks off stage?