PLEASE STOP BUYING SEASON PASSES AND D.L.C BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

Options

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH, computer nerds just somehow found out that batman AK will release a "complete" version around the same time as MK10 XL. The season pass just ended too lol!!!!!!!! They don't give a ? no more. People just bending over and taking it with no ? (ultra pause!) As many times as batman has been pushed back, this makes absolutely no sense.

And wow!, SMH at monk saying "unfinished". Bruh, from these super computer geeks actually looking into their systems, industry leaks, actual ex employees getting ? and blowing whistles, etc etc. Some of these computer nerds know more about the programs than the game developers(look at all them P.C mods). These nerds have even proven time and time again that they are lying to us. Developers will say they couldn't do this and that. then the nerds go in and do exactly what they said they couldn't do using whats already there in the game. Sometimes they do even more! They even correct problems that the developers never correct. This has also been done on consoles too, so I don't want to hear no "bu bu bu, but that's P.C" ? lol. This goes back to the game shark days.

Peep game. Content used to be already on the disc behind pay walls. But after the computer geeks discovered this and hacked them out for free(y'all remember when that was going down? I know my ? jamel does). They resorted to a new tactic(because their skirts got pulled up). Now they take a chunk of content(that's already been finished) out and dress it up s paid D.L.C/add-on/expansions later. Or they will leave ? partly finished, then add the rest behind a pay wall. I already gave you plenty of examples of this ? ? . With each game release(especially the big ones) this keeps happening.

Me and thousands of other gamers have been noticing that something feels missing in damn near every new game release. The reason why is because it is!! These games on these new systems is supposed to be bigger, badder, and have way more content than last gen. 90% of the games released we haven't gotten that. We only get that through "season passes" and "DLC" now at days lol.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk

Oh yeah, your pie example was wack. I see what you were trying to say but that ? was not good example at all. I will give you a better example of what I'm talking about using pie as well.

You are advertising a mouthwatering WHOLE pie(the video game) with sprinkles on top. It's being sold around the same price as every other WHOLE pie. It's on commercials and billboards. The pie comes in a closed box that you can't see through. You have to take it out the box first(play the game) to see it. Then when I take the pie out of the box(play the game), I discover only half of a whole pie(clearly unfinished game/obvious missing content). I also discover that there's no sprinkles on top or very little(blocked off areas, maps, characters already in the coding/on disc etc etc). Later I discover the rest of the pie and the sprinkles are sold separately(D.L.C/ADD-ON/EXPANSION). A few weeks later after selling a bunch of half a pies for the price of a whole pie. You start to sale the actual whole pie with all the sprinkles at a price cheaper(or the same) than the price of half the pie you sold("game of the year/complete/deluxe version").

You are selling half of what was advertised for the amount of a whole pie with lots of sprinkles on top. Now isn't that ? ? There's business, and then there's shady business.

Here's a perfect example of the Marvel vs capcom 3 ? using the I phone fiasco. I phone drops and is overpriced as ? . With all kinds of issues and is basically a broken unfinished product. A few months later a better version drops and is actually finished at half the price(ultimate marvel vs capcom 3).
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gamers just need to adjust and put they money where they mouth is. Stop letting the temptation of instant gratification push you. Hold off on getting these hyped up games and let that ? float for a while. It's gonna be broken and need a bunch of patches at first anyway. YouTube is filled with people willing to inform and give real reviews since the game has proven to short change players now. Plenty of let's plays and such to know what you're purchasing before hand.

And if the ? has dlc, then just hold off or don't buy it. Or do buy it if the game has proven worth the risk. But I strongly cosign we stop preordering as well. That ? was for when games ran outta stock on release day. Does that even happen any more? There's all kinds of places to buy games now.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truth be told, I copped Black Ops 3 for $10 (when I had them GS coupons) but I ain't never really been a COD fan like that. I only copped because I was looking for something different in my gaming library. Black Ops 3 is cool but I'm not paying an extra $50 for a season pass. So whenever I beat the game that's it for me. $60 for the main game + $50 for season pass? Nope not me. Most DLC be ? so if you buy DLC for a game that's worth it it's rare.

Like I don't mind buying DLC for WWE 2K because you know what you're getting upfront every year and they don't do GOTY editions. You can get about 5-10 new characters an additional 2k showcase mode. So I don't have any issue with buying the season pass if I feel the content is decent and I know a GOTY edition isn't going to be made.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't see why anyone would be surprised at a batman arkham knight complete version. They did the same ? with the previous iterations which is exactly why I held out. Same thing with mk.

After a while you should know which company going to pull that complete edition/goty edition ? .
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Games nowadays with the exception of cod and Nintendo games get mark down pretty quickly and brand new at that too. You hold out then you wouldn't be playing $65 and you be able to gauge which DLC are worth it (more times than not, none of them are)
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stars battle front gets free updates but is wait and see what the doc holds . from what I read from their bulletin we can expect new game modes and locations like the death star. In this update we vote private matches both snow trooper skims for Luke and han new etc.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk

I'm really confused by your post my brotha. Go back and really overlook what you typed. You're up, down, and all over the place. I can't tell if you think this blatant screw job is cool or not lol.

Read what I posted about the MK10 screw job again. I explained perfectly how I knew it was a greedy ass screw job. Go to the MK10 XL thread and read what season pass buyers are complaining about(they have every right too) for more details. Once again!!!, They just released 4 more new characters for $5.00 a piece($20.00). They were announced mid December 2015 to drop at the end of January 2016 or feb 1st. Weeks ago they announced mk10 XL to drop early march(next ? month!!). This will have the just released new characters included. Can you truly not see the fuckery? How do I not know what I'm talking about when the evidence is right there in front of my(and yours) face? The ? was already done!!!! Why as soon as the season pass is done to release this? why have a "complete version of the game ON ONE DISC already fired up and ready to go the following month?...................FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON MORTAL KOMBAT XL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORTAL KOMBAT XL IS NOW ON SALE(pre order for march 1st) FOR 59.99 WITH EVERYTHING THAT WAS RELEASED AND WAS JUST CURRENTLY RELEASED FOR $20.00(even for season pass holders). Lets see here, Original unfinished game = 59.99($65 plus california tax). $40.00(just the characters alone, excluding the skins and other ? ). Goro is fully functional on the disc already and is behind a pay wall. That all comes to over $100. Now the actual finished game is being released the way it should have been from the jump, $59.99. All of this material been created bruh. The game barley been out for a year, they just didn't make this ? a few months ago lol.

Ok, I think there is some confusion on both of our parts. I wasn't talking about the release schedule for what they are doing with MKX when I said it's not a screw job. I was talking about the fact that none of the DLC characters were finished when they released the game. So the argument that some people are making that they are selling games piecemeal that should be given all at once doesn't really work. If you feel that they are overcharging or distributing the DLC in a way that is ? , that's a different story, and I can see what you're saying.
    I'm not even going to touch on what you said about capcom again lol. Your mind is made up and the industry will continue this "call of duty" type of abuse. It's people like you who are enabling them to get away with murder. Don't know if you remember or not, but I and a few others warned y'all about street fighter 4. Exactly what we said would happen, happened. Y'all were defending the ? out of that one too lol. Capcom has fallen, after SF5 you will come to your senses(hopefully), I'm going to be right again, just watch.

Except you're wrong. People like me are why Capcom has refined it's DLC structure. I buy DLC when it's worth the money and I don't buy it when it's not worth the money, simple as that. Capcom basically looked at what happened with SFIV and have tailored their approach in SFV to be profitable while also being fair to fans invested in the game. And if you want to take the stance that Capcom is lying and that everything they've said about how they plan to implement DLC for SFV is ? , then you can take that stance. But when March comes and they release their first DLC for SFV and those of us who don't want to pay are able to earn the DLC through the game just as Capcom said we would, will you come on here say admit you don't know what the ? you're talking about?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    SMH, computer nerds just somehow found out that batman AK will release a "complete" version around the same time as MK10 XL. The season pass just ended too lol!!!!!!!! They don't give a ? no more. People just bending over and taking it with no ? (ultra pause!) As many times as batman has been pushed back, this makes absolutely no sense....

Everything you said in this post is why your stance is ? . First of all, I don't think you understand what goes on with this data mining. Let me give you an example. The SFV was datamined, and that's how everyone knew which DLC characters would be released way before Capcom made an official announcement. But they didn't find complete characters signifying that the DLC was already part of the game and had just been stripped out as a money grab. What they found was pointers to incomplete models and character names. Now a bunch of you took that information and ran with it talking about Capcom was cheating them when clearly that wasn't the case. Again, I'm not saying there are no bad DLC practices. There are bad practices in all business. However, this ranting and raving against DLC in general that ya'll are doing is silly. People shouldn't be calling for an end to DLC because DLC can prolong the joy you get from games. People should be calling for an end to bad DLC and that comes not from this over the top ? like you guys are doing. That comes from supporting the good and ignoring the bad, the same as in any other industry.
    @The Lonious Monk

Oh yeah, your pie example was wack. I see what you were trying to say but that ? was not good example at all. I will give you a better example of what I'm talking about using pie as well...

lol Your example is not better than mine. Yours is terrible because it's not addressing the general matter of DLC. You've tailored your example to only apply to egregious situations like what happened with Street Fighter X Tekken and are then trying to used it to indict DLC in general. That's the ? that you guys are doing that is stupid.

And how old are you guys. This whining over the fact that some material is on the disc but locked behind a key is ridiculous. That ? has been done on CDs for pretty much as long as CDs have been a medium for selling programs. But beyond that, your example is just bad. Since you brought up MvC3, let's use that as an example. When the game was released, people datamined the disc and found incomplete versions of Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine. A bunch of people like you started ? and saying that Capcom was pulling foul because they were cutting content that should have been included from the start. In other words, they were trying to claim that they were promised a whole pie and only got half like you're claiming. That's ? though because they were never promised those characters. When those characters were found, we knew what full roster was and everyone that Capcom promised we'd get at the base was there. They got a complete game, and if Shuma and Jill never existed, there wouldn't have been any complaints. People only complained because they have this ridiculous sense of entitlement where they believe game developers are charities and should give away everything for the price the customer demands. Guess what, business doesn't work like that. There is nowhere that you go that you set the price and the amount of content you want. So why do you think the video game industry should work like that?

And honestly, bringing up UMvC3 hurts your argument. Because the problem all the MvC3 fans had with UMvC3 was that it WASN'T released as DLC. Everyone thought it should have been a DLC upgrade for $15-$20. Instead, Capcom released it as a brand new game. So this is pretty much proof that there is a place for DLC and it can be right if companies implement the right practices, which is exactly what we see Capcom attempting to do with SFV.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't see why anyone would be surprised at a batman arkham knight complete version. They did the same ? with the previous iterations which is exactly why I held out. Same thing with mk.

After a while you should know which company going to pull that complete edition/goty edition ? .

i think that was the plan all along assuming it didnt stumble out of the gate like it initially did

not surprised at an all content inclusive release of this game at all
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is always physical copies week of launch with the pre-order DLC, no point in pre-ordering unless you want the cool gift or some bs...

Last game I pre-ordered was Destiny and that ended in ? storm of controversy with all the DLC being on the disc; got the 1st DLC and then traded in eventually...

I would prefer DLC to be an extension of the game like The Last of Us did (Although MP DLC was prevalent) or Bioshock Infinite did, add to the story and characters...

Paying for guns, skins and MP maps is something I will not do but there are clearly people out who there will...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    There is always physical copies week of launch with the pre-order DLC, no point in pre-ordering unless you want the cool gift or some bs...

Last game I pre-ordered was Destiny and that ended in ? storm of controversy with all the DLC being on the disc; got the 1st DLC and then traded in eventually...

I would prefer DLC to be an extension of the game like The Last of Us did (Although MP DLC was prevalent) or Bioshock Infinite did, add to the story and characters...

Paying for guns, skins and MP maps is something I will not do but there are clearly people out who there will...

I don't really understand why people have a problem with paying for guns and maps. If you have a FPS and you like it, what would be the problem with paying for guns and maps? That kind of DLC would keep the game fresh.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE DIVISION LOCKS MONTHLY EVENTS BEHIND SEASON PASS.

https://youtu.be/DUKSzvwyJeY

I thought about getting Division but this is a dealbreaker for me.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should just go ahead and raise the price on games instead of selling pieces imo.

https://youtu.be/rISnS__OKaU
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BARON_$AMEDI can you still relay cancel in naruto
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    They should just go ahead and raise the price on games instead of selling pieces imo.

https://youtu.be/rISnS__OKaU

I think some people forget that games are cheaper now than they used to be. My parents got me ChronoTrigger for christmas back in the day and that was the only thing I got that year because it was $80.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the thing about it...only the "day 1" spergers are gonna be paying those prices. Im fully content with buying games at a steeply discounted price
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They don't need to raise prices. If in the 90s a game sold a million copies at $100 adjusted for inflation vs GTA V making a billion in week 1. Video game companies are making more money now than they ever have before and somehow they have gamers hoodwinked into thinking like they're going broke after every release that doesn't sell a billion copies.

As numbers of gamers increase, these companies continue making more money by lowering prices and getting more buy ins. The steam model has shown to work and generate more through sales than pricing your game out of most people's price range. But the developers are smart, they've figured out a way to cut their content up and sell it to you piece meal. Whereas we might have got an expansion in the past if the game sold well, now they preplan every game to have it so that you never really get the full experience with a base game anymore.

The big name development companies are fat and bloated, opening and buying studios to churn out yearly releases. There's quite a few stories of these overnight millionaires in indie gaming these days because a $10 buy in is no problem for most people.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Never bought MKX post.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only DLC I regret buying is call of duty everything else I get my money worth.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk

SMH, I don't know what else to say to open your eyes. It's like talking to Call of duty sheep. I just read all your post and now your stance is clear. You're talking about good DLC and bad DLC. It clearly shows that you haven't been paying attention to the direction gaming companies are going in. Or you just ignoring it lol. Bruh, "good DLC" is becoming a thing of the past. "Bad DLC/add-on's/expansions" are what's taking over now. This is what's ? people off. The quality is decreasing while the price is rising!!! etc etc. Hell, even the PAID DLC is being released broken. I'm just gonna ask you a few simple questions.

1. Do you not see the rising pattern of ? DLC/add-on's/expansions aka "bad DLC"?
    2. Have you noticed that actual "Good DLC" that's worth the price is a rarity now(getting more rare with each release)?
    3. Do you think that it's at least, a little fishy how they handle DLC now at days?
    4. Ever notice that unlocking content has been replaced with DLC now(pay wall)?
    5. You don't have absolutely no issue with these companies already having DLC ready before the game(more and more games are doing this now)? Or DLC in development with a price tag already attached to it shortly after the games release?
    6. You think season passes that don't explain everything you will be receivingis cool?

kzzl wrote: »
    Gamers just need to adjust and put they money where they mouth is. Stop letting the temptation of instant gratification push you. Hold off on getting these hyped up games and let that ? float for a while. It's gonna be broken and need a bunch of patches at first anyway. YouTube is filled with people willing to inform and give real reviews since the game has proven to short change players now. Plenty of let's plays and such to know what you're purchasing before hand.

And if the ? has dlc, then just hold off or don't buy it. Or do buy it if the game has proven worth the risk. But I strongly cosign we stop preordering as well. That ? was for when games ran outta stock on release day. Does that even happen any more? There's all kinds of places to buy games now.
    This whole post is what we really need to start doing(I've been doing it). As you can see some people's eyes are still closed and they refuse to open them. Even with the evidence right in their faces. The bold is a really good point lol. I can only think of two games in years that have actually sold out. GTA5 and the new smash brothers. I think batman AK and MK10 got close. I only pre-order now at days so I can just walk in past the little kids and get my ? on release. Also the extra ? that's added that they will sale(overpriced at that) later for free SMH.
    anduin wrote: »
    They don't need to raise prices. If in the 90s a game sold a million copies at $100 adjusted for inflation vs GTA V making a billion in week 1. Video game companies are making more money now than they ever have before and somehow they have gamers hoodwinked into thinking like they're going broke after every release that doesn't sell a billion copies.

As numbers of gamers increase, these companies continue making more money by lowering prices and getting more buy ins. The steam model has shown to work and generate more through sales than pricing your game out of most people's price range. But the developers are smart, they've figured out a way to cut their content up and sell it to you piece meal. Whereas we might have got an expansion in the past if the game sold well, now they preplan every game to have it so that you never really get the full experience with a base game anymore.

The big name development companies are fat and bloated, opening and buying studios to churn out yearly releases. There's quite a few stories of these overnight millionaires in indie gaming these days because a $10 buy in is no problem for most people.
    @ The bold

you can't get people like the lonious monk to see this lol. He thinks we are going too far and exaggerating ? . The ? is clear as day. I and others have given multiple examples and facts. But he(and a scary amount of others) still refuses to see all the ? ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk

you can't get people like the lonious monk to see this lol. He thinks we are going too far and exaggerating ? . The ? is clear as day. I and others have given multiple examples and facts. But he(and a scary amount of others) still refuses to see all the ? ? .

You are going too far and exaggerating. People like you always do. I've seen these arguments over and over again, and they are usually based on nothing but your own wrong minded perception.

Once again I'll give you a recent example. SFV is going to have 16 character at launch. People of your ilk immediately started ? and saying the same dumb ? you're saying. "They are cheating us and giving us less content for more money." Then when you point out that the vanilla version of every SF game has had around 16 characters or less, they've got nothing to say. And it's the same thing for other games. There are some companies who are using ? practices and cutting content, but not nearly to the extent you're claiming. But hey, I could be wrong. Show me real examples of games that have been given progressively less content as DLC has been implemented. Prove that this is a real trend in the industry and not just isolated ? from a few bad apple companies.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk

LOL at the marvel vs capcom 3 excuse you gave. I can tell you wasn't an owner of the game. Because you wouldn't have responded the way you did. Also you a bit off on why people were ? . Most of the community all agreed that something was missing/off in marvel vs capcom 3 from the jump. Cuzzo in this very thread made a comment on this. It didn't live up to marvel vs capcom 2 and it didn't hold our interest as well as MVC2. You got to do better with your google research bruh lol.

Here's how it all went down.

1. We noticed that the game didn't even match the content that was in MVC2(amount of characters, levels, modes, nurfed characters, missing popular characters, unbalanced, etc etc)

2. When we saw that shuma and jill were already on the disc locked behind a pay wall(thanks to computer nerd hackers).

3. The last straw, computer nerds uncovered info about UMVC3 like 4 months after the release of MVC3 lol. Capcom was quiet and said they had no plans of anything etc etc.

4. About 6 months after the release of MVC3 we get an official announcement about UMVC3.

5. So the game releases(like $40.00) and we see that it's nothing more than a few characters, like 2 new levels, added modes that were promised in mvc3, and a new super bar lol!!!!!!!!

6. THIS IS WHEN PEOPLES SUSPICIONS ABOUT "SOMETHING BEING MISSING" CLEARLY BECAME TRUE. What we were all saying at first, was THIS ? SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN MVC3. Later computer nerd hackers who really know they ? . Confirmed they could have indeed had this ? in the game from the jump(they made videos and everything on it lol). This is when people started saying that they could "at the very least", made it a cheep expansion. The hackers also confirmed(with proof) that this could have been done as well lol!!!!!!!!

So yeah, the ? was a blatant greedy ass capcom screw job no matter how you try to spin it. To make ? even worse, UMVC3 content still didn't match/top MVC2's. From characters, supers, moves, modes, and levels. There's nothing else to talk about here lol. Let capcom hold their L.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Man I just peeped some ? the other day. I don't really know how this works but it is something to look at. I was looking at the size of a lot of games that had "game of the year/complete" versions. I noticed that the average current gen BASE game with all kinds of dlc is around like 22GB - 32GB. With all of the "DLC" the games come out to be 35GB - 40GB.

I looked at a few games with hardly no DLC content or none at all. They were already like 35GB - 38GB. This is just the base game lol. Makes you wonder, don't it? It seems these games have a limit around 40GB'ish. The so called extra content gets it to this limit. Games with less or no DLC are already at this limit or close to it.............. ... ..

Why can't these gaming companies just do like gta5 and use the money they make off of shark cards etc etc and use it to create DLC and put it out for free? There's always gonna be people who rather buy ? than unlock it. That way we all win. Very few games give you this option. Let the people who don't care about spending unnecessary amounts of money on content that could be unlocked, buy ? . Then let us gamers who like to actually play full games get the DLC content for free. Basically gta5 uses the sheep money to create "extra" content(not already planed out content). No excuses for games like call of duty and others with these "special edition" releases. They make so much money off of guns, skins, etc etc they could just use that money. The ? they do "create"(if not already created in advance) that they ask extra money for. Usually aint all that anyway. So I highly doubt they put that much money into it.
    @BARON_$AMEDI can you still relay cancel in naruto
    Don't know about that, but the tilt cancel has been confirmed. Getting the game tomorrow.