J. Cole Plans to Release Live Album on His Birthday Tomorrow

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in The Reason
j-cole.jpg?w=474

In celebration of his 30th birthday, J. Cole plans to release a live album, Billboard reports. It will cover his fall 2015 show at the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, N.C. from his Film Forest Hill Drive: Homecoming documentary that aired on HBO. The 13-track project was already delivered to a select few true fans, and will be available for mass-consumption on Thursday, Jan. 27.

The track list includes songs from his 2014 Forest Hills Drive album, as well as past hits "Lights Please," "In The Morning," and "Nobody's Perfect." Stay tuned for links to download when it comes out.

http://www.complex.com/music/2016/01/j-cole-releases-live-album-on-his-birthday?utm_campaign=complexmag&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sr_share=facebook

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp, I shall be looking for links of the rip or iTunes release in the a.m.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    ? think he Luther vandross
    Pause
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 words.... Cole tha Gawd
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will give it a miss, Cole is overrated as ? , Jay groupies love to cheer him on, ? is disgusting.
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Man a lot of females i went to college wit die hard Cole fans... he got a following
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    So basically J.Cole: Unplugged , very smart he'll see a nice check from this.

Gotta love how incredibly resourceful J.Cole is. It's a lot of small artists who could do the same and maybe not sell as much but definitely get their names heard more. He's very effective at using social media and everything it has to offer.

DOPE.

No Jay Z unplugged was at a small ass MTV studio and edited. This ? is going to be better than that. This is a a live sold out arena show with top notch sound engineers and a full band and backup singers recorded at a much higher quality than Jay's recording.

This next generation of hip hop leaders have the potential to really create a much better live album than the previous generations if they put the money and time cole put into his tour. On some rock ? what got me into many rock bands/acts were live albums. Hendrix at woodstock, Peter Gabriel live in athens, the allman brothers live at fillmore east.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This live album goat
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yes the ? on Apple Music.

Cole da gawd.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Oh yes the ? on Apple Music.

Cole da gawd.

they got this joint on spotify for free as well shout out spotify

ony knock on this is they didn't add the jay z and drake songs as well as power trip which were all part of the encore. And the quality sound wise of this is on point so far.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will give it a miss, Cole is overrated as ? , Jay groupies love to cheer him on, ? is disgusting.

You better be filling out those job applications, Mr. Mom, before the Mrs. gets home and beats dat ass.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw cole live on born sinner tour.

Usually rap concerts are wack as far as sound quality goes but cole had live instruments.

His concert was probably best quality rap show i ever been to.

Not buyin this album tho. I got the studio version already.

Will peep it on spotify see if its anything special
  • R.D.
    Options
    Played this joint this AM when I left out...yo I was acting a fool in the car
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Gotta love how incredibly resourceful J.Cole is. It's a lot of small artists who could do the same and maybe not sell as much but definitely get their names heard more. He's very effective at using social media and everything it has to offer.

DOPE.

No Jay Z unplugged was at a small ass MTV studio and edited. This ? is going to be better than that. This is a a live sold out arena show with top notch sound engineers and a full band and backup singers recorded at a much higher quality than Jay's recording.

This next generation of hip hop leaders have the potential to really create a much better live album than the previous generations if they put the money and time cole put into his tour. On some rock ? what got me into many rock bands/acts were live albums. Hendrix at woodstock, Peter Gabriel live in athens, the allman brothers live at fillmore east.

You being mad disrespectful to Jay-Z & The Roots right now. Listen to it again after listening to FHD Live and then make that crazy ass statement again.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Yeah I'd prefer if it was small venue like Jay

Still came out fire tho
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Yeah I'd prefer if it was small venue like Jay

Still came out fire tho

Same. Small venues are better for sound and add a level of crowd interaction and intimacy that you just can't get from a huge venue. I'm glad Cole did this though because I love live instrumentation with Hip-Hop. It's special.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

DOPE.

You being mad disrespectful to Jay-Z & The Roots right now. Listen to it again after listening to FHD Live and then make that crazy ass statement again.

I own every Jay Z album greatest hits album and a few compilations. The quality of sound of the unplugged and the fact it is edited are not on the same level as the quality of this FHD tape. Now song wise yes jay obviously had more hits. I ? with the roots as well and own allot of their ? . But coles production >>> MTV unplugged that is edited.

Now don't get me wrong documentary wise fade to black >>> coles hbo documentary and prequels. But as far as a live album on CD this FHD joint is easily better than jay z's mtv unplugged.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listening now!!
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is dope. Cole one of my favorites right now.