Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Is this game like bloodborne

Yep but harder and better looking

Cop this ? so you can co op with ic folks n cause hell
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the fact yall ? have time to play this during the week. I may be able to get on thursday afternoon. Lol
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also if you don't like your current build,keep progressing with that character cuz they let you respec your skill points around the time you fight the deacons of the deep boss
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Trollio So the multiplayer different on this compared to the first 2? Can you play with folks the second you log on? or can you only summon them when you got a boss fight? I missed out of DS2, but loved DS1. Loved invading peoples games and ? them up. Something so satisfying about killing someone that invades you too. My character was melee though and it seemed only magic users would invade me for awhile. Cast spells on me and ? me while im running towards them
  • Trollio
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    @Trollio So the multiplayer different on this compared to the first 2? Can you play with folks the second you log on? or can you only summon them when you got a boss fight? I missed out of DS2, but loved DS1. Loved invading peoples games and ? them up. Something so satisfying about killing someone that invades you too. My character was melee though and it seemed only magic users would invade me for awhile. Cast spells on me and ? me while im running towards them

you gotta make it past the tutorial and the first boss on your own and get the soapstone item before they let you be able to co op with other folks. but dont invade folks at such a low level, your low level health will get u killed by a one hit melee.

so far i play, dallas4eva plays, jamel plays, and killacham plays so you will always have someone online to help you if needed.

i think you can even drop weapons to other players and etc.

its a great game and after i beat it with my first character,ima either do a magic or pyromancy build for my 2nd character
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »

its a great game and after i beat it with my first character,ima either do a magic or pyromancy build for my 2nd character
    LOL it's even harder out here for mages than it was on part one. You cast slower. If you really want a challenge play as a mag. Bruh you got to make sure you pour all of your souls into health and intelligence right off the bat, mostly health though. I heard you don't get any real spells till later in the game just like part one.

SMH I thought they were supposed to fix this ? .
  • Trollio
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »

LOL it's even harder out here for mages than it was on part one. You cast slower. If you really want a challenge play as a mag. Bruh you got to make sure you pour all of your souls into health and intelligence right off the bat, mostly health though. I heard you don't get any real spells till later in the game just like part one.

Wouldn't be dark souls if it was easy
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bloodborne was harder
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was a pyromancer in dark souls 1, that build is dope as ? . Fire. Quite literally.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol makes no sense to dump a lot of points into health as a spell caster. Dexterity reduces spell casting time btw
  • Trollio
    Options
    Bloodborne was harder

Major ?
  • Trollio
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I was a pyromancer in dark souls 1, that build is dope as ? . Fire. Quite literally.

Good luck
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the game really that much harder for a caster. I haven't gotten that far, but it still seems to me like you can dodge enemies and then light them up. I do it with a bow, and bows are slower and probably weaker than a lot of spells.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bloodborne was harder

Major ?

Bloodborne is way better than this nerd ?
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I started out with a knight, got used to the first couple of bosses/areas then restarted as a depraved (best class), ? ? up!
  • Trollio
    Options
    I started out with a knight, got used to the first couple of bosses/areas then restarted as a depraved (best class), ? ? up!

PS4?
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options

Wouldn't be dark souls if it was easy
    LOL I know, I'm saying you have to pretty much never get hit as a mage starting off. You got to play a damn near perfect game until you get your health and intelligence up. Getting to that first bonfire is hell. I feel bad for folks who aint seasoned at this game using a mage. I'm a vet and I had a hard time getting to that first and second bonfire. Your magic is even less effective than it was in DS1. So I'm forced to use this weak ass little sword that doesn't do no damage. Weak ass wooden shield too. Invaders are the worst, as soon as they see you are a low level mage they just charge in for the ? lol. You finally make it to the boss gate with a bunch of health, magic, and items and then...... "you are being invaded". It's usually somebody more powerful than you too.

Game is moderately easier starting off if you pick another class. You can't understand the struggle damn it!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol makes no sense to dump a lot of points into health as a spell caster. Dexterity reduces spell casting time btw
    I can tell you aint bout that mage life. We have the lowest health, lowest strength, and have weak ass armor. It would be logical to pump that up right away unless you want to die easy as hell from a fight with a weak ass enemy. It makes no sense not to dump a lot of points into it as early as possible. Learned that from part one

Bruh, I'm a vet, I know about dex but it's not that important with mages. All I got to do is get it to like 15 and put on a ring that raises dex. That ? only helps up to like 25. After that it really doesn't make anything faster. It seems to be the same with this game. Dark souls 3 casting is just flat out slower than part 1. They added a recovery time which makes it slower to cast.
    Is the game really that much harder for a caster. I haven't gotten that far, but it still seems to me like you can dodge enemies and then light them up. I do it with a bow, and bows are slower and probably weaker than a lot of spells.
    Yes, it is. I didn't even realize this until my second play through(DS1) as a knight/pyromancer. Easier to ? ? , not worrying about getting one or two shot killed, and could use most weapons right off the bat.

I haven't gotten that far either but this ? is starting out just like part 1. Wish I could use a bow, got to waist souls on strength and dex to do so. But you have to focus on intelligence and health first if you want to make it anywhere. The enemies are much faster and more aggressive on here. If you really really want a challenge, use a mage. I'm guessing this is the reason why you never see that many mages running around. Dodging only goes so far, because you do have to eventually fight in close combat. I basically have to play like a knight for now because my spells aint that great even though my intelligence is up to 20 now. I have to focus on raising up my FP so I wont run out magic so fast as well. Just looking around the internetz it seems there's not many mage friendly armors again.

We struggling outchea bruh.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lol my boy is running a mage character and we both got our health at 20. Tho he plays with a claymore instead of a dex weapon
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Lol my boy is running a mage character and we both got our health at 20. Tho he plays with a claymore instead of a dex weapon
    That's about a safe level of health when first starting. It takes like 4 hits to die from a regular ass demon when you're a mage. You probably just rolling all into ? and getting hit multiple times. When you're a mage it's not wise to run up on nobody till you get some decent mage friendly armor.

WTF is he doing with a dex weapon? ? do a mage need with that? Those are for clerics mostly. Gotta be careful how you spend your points as a mage. Because later in the game they will have some of the best ? that requires hi ass Intelligence and FP. Also it would make more sense for him to be using a intelligence base weapon since that would power up his attacks.
  • Trollio
    Options
    My 2ND character is depraved..let's get it
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    That's about a safe level of health when first starting. It takes like 4 hits to die from a regular ass demon when you're a mage. You probably just rolling all into ? and getting hit multiple times. When you're a mage it's not wise to run up on nobody till you get some decent mage friendly armor.

WTF is he doing with a dex weapon? ? do a mage need with that? Those are for clerics mostly. Gotta be careful how you spend your points as a mage. Because later in the game they will have some of the best ? that requires hi ass Intelligence and FP. Also it would make more sense for him to be using a intelligence base weapon since that would power up his attacks.

The claymore scales mostly with strength. Most intelligence weapons are ass cheeks. He did tell me moonlight greatsword was doing 500+ in damage but its moveset is trash as ? . 20 in vigor is playable health through the whole game and pvp.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah putting too many points into health is pointless, it would be better served going to Endurance and your main damage attributes. I have a 20 in vigor and 20 in vitality 25 endurance and 40 in str 14 dex as of right now.
  • englishdude
    Options

PS4?

Yea man, psn: Longun_

Currently at cathedral of the deep, add me up I'll be sessioning this weekend.
  • englishdude
    Options
    Glad they brought back the drop item feature too, can drop all types of ? when summoned to other worlds.

Noticed they fixed the storage box glitch from the old DS (reason I restarted as depraved was to test this out lol).
  • englishdude
    Options
    https://youtu.be/8bdfs15z37A
    lil ? around video I done for a mate to try n tempt him to buy the game.