What player and Team will have their breakout year this year in the NFL?

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
We not lettin Cheap Seats fall, quality threads bouta make a comeback.

I got the Texans as the breakout team, they've been "on the verge" for 2 years now but if Schuab can stay healthy for 2 years straight he can really build on what he did last year, they have 3 serviceable runningbacks and the BEST WR in the game on offense (dont forget the most underrated TE in the NFL Owen Daniels)

and they have a young, up and coming defense that I think might be able to gel this year so I got them as the breakout team.

Breakout player, Im goin with Jermichael Finley from the Packers (TE) he had a good second half of the year. Then with Aaron Rodgers ready to be an MVP candidate and Donald Driver getting older, I'm sure Finley will get alot of passes thrown his way

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Breakout Team-Atlanta

Breakout Player-Devin Thomas
  • Gunner J. Matthews
    Gunner J. Matthews Members Posts: 301
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Mike Thomas (Jax) and Devin Thomas (Washington) come to mind for me. The WR corps will benifit from having McNabb under center especially Thomas who came along nicely at the end of last year. Mike Thomas in Jacksonville is likely gonna be the #2 guy so look for big things from him. Look out for Oakland too. They've had a great offseason
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Breakout Team - Texans, Redskins, Dolphins

Breakout player: Davon (sp?) Bess, Devin Thomas, Mike Sims-Walker.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    redskins

devin thomas
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Mike Thomas (Jax) and Devin Thomas (Washington) come to mind for me. The WR corps will benifit from having McNabb under center especially Thomas who came along nicely at the end of last year. Mike Thomas in Jacksonville is likely gonna be the #2 guy so look for big things from him. Look out for Oakland too. They've had a great offseason

I honestly think Oakland is gonna have a top 10 defense this year...I wanted to really be bold and say top 5, but I aint stupid lol
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    millz bringin quality threads back!!! da goat!!!

Texans make sense, but its becoming cliche to put faith in them, so I don't know what a breakout team is but a team that could impress people and improve from last year is, yes the Raiders. I think they have a chance to get 7-9 wins this season.

a breakout player, i think, will be Michael Crabtree. It seemed liike every week last season he'd get maybe 3-6 catches and 40-70 yds. That shows he not only has the skill to play, but the qb and the coaches trust him. I think he's going to have a very good year because he's gotten better, will play a full season, and gets to go through an entire training camp.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Breakout Team- San Francisco 49ers
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    millz bringin quality threads back!!! da goat!!!

Texans make sense, but its becoming cliche to put faith in them, so I don't know what a breakout team is but a team that could impress people and improve from last year is, yes the Raiders. I think they have a chance to get 7-9 wins this season.

a breakout player, i think, will be Michael Crabtree. It seemed liike every week last season he'd get maybe 3-6 catches and 40-70 yds. That shows he not only has the skill to play, but the qb and the coaches trust him. I think he's going to have a very good year because he's gotten better, will play a full season, and gets to go through an entire training camp.

lol @ the bolded...good pick with Crabtree, I think Alex Smith might have a breakout year though ? he finally has weapons all over the field and an offensive line that can protect him.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Breakout team - Miami Dolphins

Breakout Player - Matt Ryan
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol @ the bolded...good pick with Crabtree, I think Alex Smith might have a breakout year though ? he finally has weapons all over the field and an offensive line that can protect him.

yup, wouldn't be suprised at all to see san fran run away with that division
  • jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ravens and Ray Shrimp Fried MuthaFucking Rice........We Ready!!
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Options
    jpcrack wrote: »
    Ravens and Ray Shrimp Fried MuthaFucking Rice........We Ready!!

Ray Rice had his breakout year last year, I got him on my short list for MVP though (along with Tony Romo, Peyton, Brees, and Aaron Rodgers)
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Asher Allen CB - Vikings

I c/s Devin Thomas

Jamal Charles, kinda broke out end of last season.

possibly Jerome Harrison.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ray Rice had his breakout year last year, I got him on my short list for MVP though (along with Tony Romo, Peyton, Brees, and Aaron Rodgers)

? ....i never thought i would see the day a non cowboy fan didnt act like romo was a bottom 5 qb.....keep on keepin it real
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    team-49ers. wack division, they shored up that line and i think alex smith is decent. they shoulda made a play for mcnabb though

player- i think kevin kolb has a nice year but he had some good games last year. i'll go with darren mcfadden. idk why but i can see him having a nice year
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    Bernard Scott

i know what it is, nh
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    i know what it is, nh

lol i almost put him, but didnt want to seem too homerish. b scott will have a nice year as well. he'll get more carries due to not wanting to burn out benson, seems to have decent hands though we didnt throw to him a lot and can return kicks
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Player - Crabtree, will have a full year, knows the system pretty well now, Alex Smith looked good at the end of last season for a few games. I'm sayin he has 85+ receptions 1300 yds and 9 td's.

As for a breakdown team - Niners. Mike turned that teams attitude around, he had Davis playing to his potential last year, that defense is playing real nice and got some great pieces. If Smith plays decently that team will be dangerous cause Gore will carry the load.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Another Breakout Player: Mike Wallace- W/ Santonio gone he's gonna get alot more looks and he is a gamebreaker with alot of speed and can get YAC.
  • MillzOG
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I also like Kenny Britt from the Titans, I think after what Vince Young showed in the end of last season that Jeff Fisher will allow them to throw the ball more then they did last year and Kenny Britt will be their best reciever.
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i also think Donald Brown from IND and Donny Avery from STL could have 'breakout' years
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Player- Jerome Harrison (remember this ? went to work second half of the season)

Team- 49ers (they gonna be the OKC Thunder of the NFL this season Davis and Crabtree putting up numbers)
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lemme add my boy keenan burton from stl in there. he was having a decent year before he got injured
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

I'm looking forward to seeing what thomas is going to do this season. Other Jags players I think will have breakout years are Derek ? and Terrance Knighton. No big john anymore but I believe ? -roast will do big things.

GO JAGS!!!