GM's Stay sh!tting on Former Players....they as Salty

Options
kentuckywildcat
kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
The way Chris Bosh finished his final season in Toronto left a sour taste in Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo's mouth.

Bosh, an unrestricted free agent, left the Raptors earlier this month, joining Dwyane Wade and LeBron James with the Miami Heat in a sign-and-trade deal.

In an interview on 590 The Fan in Toronto, Colangelo said Bosh chose to sit out several games with an injury late in the season as the Raptors battled for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs -- a race they lost by one game to the Chicago Bulls.

"Despite limited swelling and any excessive damage on an MRI, he felt like he needed to sit for six more games," Colangelo said on 590 The Fan on Monday.

"I'm not even questioning Chris' injury. I'm telling you he was cleared to play subject to tolerance on his part, and the tolerance just apparently wasn't there and he chose not to play."

The team's season was on the brink and the front office was hoping Bosh would return sooner to turn things around, Colangelo said. Now, he's not certain whether Bosh was thinking about the Raptors' playoff run or his own pending free agency.

"Whether he was mentally checked out or just wasn't quite into it down the stretch, he wasn't the same guy," Colangelo said. "I think everybody saw that, but no one wanted to acknowledge it."

Colangelo also said it was hard to build around Bosh as the team's franchise player.

"We tried in vain to put pieces around Chris. Different pieces, different styles. It didn't work out," he said. "No matter what type of player we brought in, it didn't seem to have the right mix with him as that centerpiece."

Comments

• dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    they just crying over spilled milk..should have traded him when they had the chance
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    they just crying over spilled milk..should have traded him when they had the chance
    ^^^^^

he just upset this ? Bosh is going to play on player created team now and the raptors will be forgotten for awhile.
  • desi
    desi Members Posts: 374
    edited July 2010
    Options
    blazini wrote: »
    ^^^^^

he just upset this ? Bosh is going to play on player created team now and the raptors will be forgotten for awhile.

aye, watch ur mouth, son

j/p

but bosh has been talking a lot too tho.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so his ? should've traded him during the season the whole world knew Bosh was bout to be out on them alot of these guys are mad b/c they are seeing how much power the player has vs how much power they thought they had as gm's
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Oh well. Instead of building a good team, he wanted to have the NBA's first European franchise. Building a team wit wackass Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, and Rasho Nesterovic aint gone get you to the playoffs. Then they traded TJ Ford when he's a better fit with that team. Then he signed Hedo Turkoglu to that ? ass contract, and he underperformed to make things worse.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Oh well. Instead of building a good team, he wanted to have the NBA's first European franchise. Building a team wit wackass Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, and Rasho Nesterovic aint gone get you to the playoffs. Then they traded TJ Ford when he's a better fit with that team. Then he signed Hedo Turkoglu to that ? ass contract, and he underperformed to make things worse.

lol I thought I was the only 1 who noticed that, ? disgusting. Idk how he still has his job.