Ancestry DNA- Share YOUR results!

Options
MistyKnight
MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
I have always been curious about my ancestry and stumbled upon this cool site where you can find out which countries your ancestors were from.

http://dna.ancestry.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z499H-kbwP4 (Results at 2:02)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwPKj3ZgjPw (Results at 4:48)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuIWCzov6LY (Results at 2:52)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dNdQffLW0 (Results at 1:48)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdpuGIZfR90 (Results at 4:42)

If you've taken the DNA test, don't be shy and POST THEM RESULTS! =)

Post your predictions below of what you think I will be made up of.

My prediction is 85% African, 7% Native American and 8% Asian.

I am really interested to know which countries in africa my family came from because I'm not sure if they were the Garifunas who were there BEFORE European settlers came to the Americas or after.

All I know... is I will be DEVASTATED if I have any European DNA. & I'll probably KMS if I have more than 10%.
tumblr_inline_nf1pp6iJCU1sqf2ij.gif

I'll post results as soon as I receive them.

Comments

• MistyKnight
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    You prolly have euro Dna so.....

I'm gonna stay positive and say that I don't.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »

Think about what part of the world you're from tho..........I have one known white ancestor and that side of my family is dark af so you never know....personally .I also have relatively recent Asian ancestry but you'd never know base of my phenotype
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i m good.....i can trace my diect lineage for centuries
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Flagged ......... With all due respect
  • MistyKnight
    Options

Think about what part of the world you're from tho..........I have one known white ancestor and that side of my family is dark af so you never know....personally .I also have relatively recent Asian ancestry but you'd never know base of my phenotype

I based my predictions based off of what I know.

I know that my family has lived in Honduras and are part of the Garifuna tribe.

What I am unsure of is my maternal grandparents side. All I know is they have mongolian/asian DNA. I never knew my grandfather on my mother's side as he died when she was a child.

I am terrified of the results though. But I am excited to see which parts of africa my family came from.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I have some European ancestery on my mothers side cuz she straight Milano cookie colored. But my pops look like he could have been on the first boat over here. I'm gonna do one soon tho.
  • MistyKnight
    Options

Brag about it why don't you.

It would be exciting to see if my ancestors were a part of the original africans who built the first ships and traveled to the Americas and settled in Honduras. This is what I am crossing my fingers for.

but speak on it @Elzo69Renaissance Where your family from?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Due To ? An Pillaging Of The "America's" By Europeans I'm Probably A 70 Euro/30 Indigenous Split Commonly Known As "Mestizo"...Just A Wild Guess Doe
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Due To ? An Pillaging Of The "America's" By Europeans I'm Probably A 70 Euro/30 Indigenous Split Commonly Known As "Mestizo"...Just A Wild Guess Doe

Take the test. It could surprise you.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    It costs $99.

Enter: FREESHIPDNA for free shipping.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are an American black

just accept the fact that you will have Euro ancestors

Funny cause ive been watching that "Find your roots" show that Henry Louis Gates Jr hosts on PBS

and all the AA's that have done the show have at least 10% euro blood
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Funny cause ive been watching that "Find your roots" show that Henry Louis Gates Jr hosts on PBS

How is that? I was about to start watching it just this weekend.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Brag about it why don't you.

It would be exciting to see if my ancestors were a part of the original africans who built the first ships and traveled to the Americas and settled in Honduras. This is what I am crossing my fingers for.

but speak on it @Elzo69Renaissance Where your family from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf8YEjyGFYQ

this is a celebration from the " tribe" or " ethnic group" that i am from
  • MistyKnight
    Options

@BeleeDatPleighboy

I'm not though.

My family first came to the US in 1985, before that they were in Honduras. I don't know anything before that though.

I am black but from which country in africa? That's what I am really interested in finding out.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    I'm Scottish, Irish , German, and French

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They had a whole show on how it's fake.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how can this thing be sure that African Americans with euro dna isn't showing those results from the euro, being originally mixed with african dna

If we're to believe 1st man originated in Africa then that would mean all Europeans should have some african dna, thus that could be the small percentage of euro dna showing up in the results of African Americans
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    well i am kind of lucky being that i am a Jamaican maroon and feel that i can trace by my lineage back a long way without taking any test in a sense my family also has a personal oral history.

according to family legend only two of my male ancestors lived under slavery before escaping to live in the bush with the other maroons where he married a another escaped woman who was at least part white . His father came from the kawahu people in what is now ghana at the time his father got captured the kawahu were under the Ashanti and there was some kind of beef and politics they tried to break away, my great great great great etc etc got captured and sold and ended up in jamaica.

somewhere along the line someone from my family also married someone who was at least part native that's the legend so i am mostly black and that's good enough for me
  • MistyKnight
    Options
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    well i am kind of lucky being that i am a Jamaican maroon and feel that i can trace by my lineage back a long way without taking any test in a sense my family also has a personal oral history.

according to family legend only two of my male ancestors lived under slavery before escaping to live in the bush with the other maroons where he married a another escaped woman who was at least part white . His father came from the kawahu people in what is now ghana at the time his father got captured the kawahu were under the Ashanti and there was some kind of beef and politics they tried to break away, my great great great great etc etc got captured and sold and ended up in jamaica.

somewhere along the line someone from my family also married someone who was at least part native that's the legend so i am mostly black and that's good enough for me

@zzombie Take the test! What if you were like 25% European? LOL

I think you would probably off yourself too.
  • Mrs. Me Too
    Mrs. Me Too Members Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at the constant racist ? in here.

Imagine if a white person posts they were going to shoot themselves if they found African DNA in them. Lol the drama.

BTW we all from Eastern Africa.