Wrestlemania 32

Options

Comments

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Damn the IC title hasn't been successfully defended at WM in 15 years (Jericho, WM17)
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    – PWInsider.com reports that WWE is planning to announce a third match for their WrestleMania 32 kickoff show. The two matches confirmed for the kickoff show already are The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz, and the Andrea The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Why not just put the Usos/Dudley's in the tag title match and make it a fourway?
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn everybody is going down.... If Ambrose and Reigns follow suit, WWE may not have a good enough fallback to survive
  • willhustle
    Options
    WWE is just trying to do too much this year with WrestleMania to give it that "special" event feel like they try to do every year. This year's build up to WrestleMania is much worse than the build up they had going into last year's WrestleMania. Then they expect people to sit through a 2-3 hour pre-show & 4 hour WrestleMania? I won't be doing it.

-They still don't know how to book Roman even after they still tried to shove him down the audience throats.
    -Injuries have really taken a toll on this year's event
    -The Ladder match for the IC title is just stupid when it was just done at last year's event
    -The tag team title match should have just been a 4 way with the Dudleys & Usos added to that match
    -Ryback & Kalisto should have been thrown into the ATG Battle Royal if they couldn't find a better opponent for Kalisto to defend against.

The only bright spots I see coming out of this year's event are:

+Lesnar/Ambrose street fight
    +Undertaker/Shane HIAC (even that build has been horrible)
    +The Divas Triple-Threat

The rest of that ? is filler imo. I really hope creative got some "tricks" up their sleeve because if they don't this could be a really big ? fest and I mean worse than WrestleMania 9, 11, & 29. I'm more so ready for NXT Dallas Takeover than WrestleMania.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    The final card. If you take away the 3 pre-show matches, this actually looks pretty good. The only downside is Kalisto/Ryback.

Aight we def need a thread for this already (will merge with official PPV thread later)

WrestleMania-32-Logo-WrestleMania-2016.png

Triple-H-vs.-Roman-Reigns-WWE-World-Heavyweight-Title-Match-WrestleMania-32.png
    tumblr_o35vmwuV861te8c1go4_1280.jpg

maxresdefault-1200x672-1024x573.jpg

tumblr_o35vmwuV861te8c1go2_1280.jpg

WWE Divas Championship // Triple Threat Match
    Charolette vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch
    20160308_WM32-keyart_MATCH_charlotteshasha_1920x1080--eb9510721be038b7c73cef69ecd758a0.jpg

Intercontinental Champion // Ladder Match
    Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust
    20160315_WM32-keyart_MATCH_8man_1920x1080--b1ac8e3729baa88daf9973aca53b9c4e.jpg

United States Championship
    Kalisto vs. Ryback
    20160307_WM32-keyart_MATCH_KalistoRyback_1920x1080--983d76314f9262b3c351e91fbcefe253.jpg

WWE Tag Team Championships
    The New Day vs. The League of Nations
    20160315_WM32-keyart_MATCH_NewDay_LON_1920x1080--716572d60de9dac6f4d7d0b626de49e9.jpg

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho
    20160303_WM32-keyart_MATCH_AjStylesJericho_1920x1080--254cf568c0871ceb096414387d8d10e6.jpg

The 3rd annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
    20160314_WM32-keyart_MATCH_Andre_1920x1080--dcbbde9941804fd9438de4aa6d9ffd95.jpg

The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz
    20160314_WM32-keyart_MATCH_UsosDudleys_1920x1080--0587053cfe9cc3bee8f819e63ae15370.jpg

The Total Divas vs. B.A.D. & Blonde
    20160325_WM32_MATCH_Divas_final--9f1f271b4f3f61e519488513440caf6b.jpg
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't help but wonder if the PG WWE is gonna allow to the Godfather to have his ? 's while he's being inducted. How will they explain it to the children? lol

If Godfather was a real ? , he'd have Lita and Victoria induct him as the ? 's.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That divas pre-show match is probably the only thing I won't pay attention to.

Ryback vs Kalisto is the dark horse. Could really be a decent to good match but they will need time to develop a story. But we already know the dweebs won't even give em a chance.

If the Divas championship gets time it could be great. It needs at least 8 minutes but 15 would be best. I can tell that regardless of how much time it gets or its actual quality if Sasha loses people will ? kittens because that's how they behave these days.

The ladder match is meh for me. I don't really need a ladder match with multiple people like this. They could have done a six pack challenge or something. I'm not so hot on Sin Cara being in that match either but the others are fine.

Expectations are low for Shane vs Undertaker in terms of action, the story is the selling point so that's the most important thing. If there are any swerves on the card it will happen here. This match kind of needs a swerve. (Vince or the Wyatts)

Ambrose vs Lesnar has potential to be the ? Foley vs Edge of this generation. Brock is going to ? this dude. They won't let Brock get hurt out there. Possible Wyatt interference here as well.

HHH vs Reigns will likely become no DQ at some point which will help the match. If they keep it standard it will mirror HHH's match against Ambrose except Reigns will win.

Don't expect any swerves or heel turns and all the ? the internet is talking about. They did the same thing at Survivor Series, so expect Roman to just win the match and thats it. Fireworks and confetti.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    The Total Divas vs. B.A.D. & Blonde - The good guys will win this one... you can tell esp with the setup Monday. They're gonna send Brie off on a happy note as well

The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz - Preshow.. and the Dudley have had more of a role lately. I'm thinking they'll feud with New Daty again after this.

The 3rd annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Maybe Bray, Braun, or someone new from NXT

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho - Only makes sense.

The New Day vs. The League of Nations - I just can't see LON winning at WM against New Day. It'd suck the energy out of the event.

Kalisto vs. Ryback - I can see both but I'll go with the little guy.

Intercontinental Champion // Ladder Match - I would've said Sami 100% a few weeks ago but they haven't built him up a whole lot. KO retaining will make the feud with Sami longer and more fresh so I'll go with KO.

Charolette vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch - Sasha no doubt... unless Charlotte finds a way to retain. But I'm picking Sasha. It's her time.

Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar - Probably the hardest choice... either way they're gonna make Dean look strong. But I'm gonna give it to Brock.

Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker - Shane is not back full time and he can not be Undertaker's last opponent.

Roman Reigns vs. Triple H
  • willhustle
    Options
    I was just reading that they are thinking about putting the ATG Battle Royal back on the PPV instead of the pre-show. So I guess the Dudleys/Usos & 10 diva tag match are probably going to be on the pre-show.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should've made the IC title one on one, Sami v Owens and made the US title in the 6-man ladder match
  • jono
    Options
    WWE has confirmed the following WWE Superstars for the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal match, leaving four remaining spots open:

Social Outcasts (Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas)
    Big Show
    Kane
    Goldust
    R-Truth
    Mark Henry
    Jack Swagger
    Darren Young
    Fandango
    The Ascension (Konnor, Viktor)
    Tyler Breeze
    Damien Sandow

Yuck
  • jono
    Options
    I ? with Swagger they need to trade him for Sin Cara.

Bring in Baron Corbin or somebody to win that battle royal. None of them deserve to win.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Kane Gonna win it
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Samoa Joe needs that win..
  • KillaCham
    Options
    I dunno if Hoe wants to leave NXT right now
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    I dunno if Hoe wants to leave NXT right now

lol
    Samoa Hoe
  • jono
    Options
    I wouldn't bring Joe up for that if its not on the main card. If we bringing Joe in...let Kalisto get him first. Joe good enough to go straight for a title.

I think Ryback will win the strap but in my fantasy booking scenario I'd have Kalisto win and bring Joe up to challenge the next night after Kalisto beats whoever wins the ATG battle royal.
  • willhustle
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The Total Divas vs. B.A.D. & Blonde - I got total divas winning. Brie gets the pinfall to finish her career. I don't see Nikki ever returning full time goodbye Bella twins.

The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz- The Usos go over simple. Vetrans put over the younger guys.

The 3rd annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Bray or Braun

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho - AJ gets put over in his first Wrestlemania being that he's new talent.

The New Day vs. The League of Nations - I just can't see LON winning at WM against New Day. It just doesn't make sense keep the belts on New Day until Summer Slam.

Kalisto vs. Ryback - Kalisto should retain plain & simple Nobody asked for this match and should be pre-show material.

Intercontinental Champion // Ladder Match - KO retaining will make the feud with Sami longer and more fresh so I'll go with KO. Sami & KO feud all throughout the spring & summer and Sami eventually takes the IC title off KO by MITB or SummerSlam.

Divas Triple-threat Charolette vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch - Sasha no doubt...It's her time. Charlotte has had a decent run as champ adding Papa Flair has helped her reign from being completely ? . Sasha winning can be the start of an ACTUAL reboot of the divas division instead of creative trying to force a so called "revolution" down ppls throats.

Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar- Match can go either way. They're gonna make Dean look strong. If Brock wins it could be possible for a rematch at Extreme Rules where Ambrose finally gets Lesnar. If Ambrose wins Bray could cause interference but I think it cheapens a Ambrose win.

Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker - I don't see this match going very long. Taker ain't what he used to be in previous years at Mania, Shane hasn't been around in 7 yrs. This match has swerves & screwjobs written all over it. A lose-lose situation tbh, Taker has no reason to return next year (Sting possible retiring) & (No point in facing Cena because WM streak is dead). Shane is probably one and done.

Roman Reigns vs. Triple H- We already know the deal Reigns wins his third World Title in 4 months. A majority of the audience isn't feeling Roman Reigns as Cena 2.0. I'd be surprised if they we're to do a double turn in this match. I doubt it. Scary thing about this match is it has serious potential to get booed out the building.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    that ? dont really look like no mania card
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First time I'm not hyped for a Mania.
    Last year had some good matches comes together towards the end that sold me.
    But this year with all the injuries, this just does not feel like Wrestlemania.
  • willhustle
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    First time I'm not hyped for a Mania.
    Last year had some good matches comes together towards the end that sold me.
    But this year with all the injuries, this just does not feel like Wrestlemania.

Yeah this year I really think Wrestlemania is going to blow up in they're faces. Last year they were able to get away with the ? build to WM 31 because the matches and booking of WrestleMania was on point. Injuries have really ? over the card this year. I think SummerSlam is going to out do Wrestlemania this year w/most of the injury list returning around that time or sooner.

On paper: NXT Takeover Dallas >>> Wrestlemania 32

That ain't a good thing either. Never did I think Takeover event would be better than Wrestlemania.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ion think it'll b that bad
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shane/Taker angle got me hyped alone