Trump supporters still mad about Emancipation Proclamation

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
*the old Ice Cube voice* A message to the Oreo cookie: No matter how much you wanna switch....here's what they think about you...

The P.P.P. poll asked voters if they thought whites were a superior race. Most Republican primary voters in South Carolina — 78 percent — disagreed with this idea (10 percent agreed and 11 percent weren’t sure). But among Mr. Trump’s supporters, only 69 percent disagreed. Mr. Carson’s voters were the most opposed to the notion (99 percent), followed by Mr. Kasich and Mr. Cruz’s supporters at 92 and 89 percent. Mr. Rubio’s backers were close to the average level of disagreement (76 percent).

According to P.P.P., 70 percent of Mr. Trump’s voters in South Carolina wish the Confederate battle flag were still flying on their statehouse grounds. (It was removed last summer less than a month after a mass shooting at a black church in Charleston.) The polling firm says that 38 percent of them wish the South had won the Civil War. Only a quarter of Mr. Rubio’s supporters share that wish, and even fewer of Mr. Kasich’s and Mr. Carson’s do.

Nationally, the YouGov data show a similar trend: Nearly 20 percent of Mr. Trump’s voters disagreed with Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation, which freed slaves in the Southern states during the Civil War. Only 5 percent of Mr. Rubio’s voters share this view.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1490440

Comments

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Repealing the Emancipation Proclamation is what Adolph Trump and his supporters mean by making amerikkka great again.

Cant say im really surprised....
    kkk-1.jpg

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just waiting for the first ? to actually agree with this ? . The shaming will be monstrous.

I hope it's Stacey Dash.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Propaganda at it's finest. This is the same ? the establishment tried to do with Ron Paul. Any anti-establishment candidate will attract the redneck/racist saltines, but that doesn't take away from the message though. I still say ? illegals who are hurting our communities, ? Nafta/TPP which has gutted the Black middle-class and sent jobs overseas, ? bringing in refugees, and yes to burning the political establishment down.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    A great deal of these cacs still want to see you in chains...

My disgust for black republicans knows no bounds

More than whites still want us in chains though(Hell, Muslims still do). And I have disgust for both parties. 8 years ago Hillary was throwing major racial shade at Obama, and now everyone acts like that didn't happen. Black America needs to be independent, and vote on issues that actually help us, as opposed to identity politics that don't do ? .

I just give no ? about illegals, when black communities lack resources. Why cna't they stay and fix their own country? I mean Mexico is a HUGE place next to America, with ports, and a favorable climate. Why the ? are they poor? And why should America take care of them? Once they get amnesty, the Dems will treat us like Asians, and that's not even a joke.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Make America great again aka take it back to the 1950's when ? knew their place. They love talking that forefathers ? but didn't the forefathers come up with the emancipation proclamation? Exactly.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Wtf kinda poll would ask this ? ?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf kinda poll would ask this ? ?

Are you serious? There is some evidence that Trump's appeal rests in part on racial resentment, if not outright racism. This poll was a way of testing whether this is in fact the case, and our suspicions were amply confirmed.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the first ? to actually agree with this ? . The shaming will be monstrous.

I hope it's Stacey Dash.

Oh, they'll find one. They always do....
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    A great deal of these cacs still want to see you in chains...

My disgust for black republicans knows no bounds

More than whites still want us in chains though(Hell, Muslims still do). And I have disgust for both parties. 8 years ago Hillary was throwing major racial shade at Obama, and now everyone acts like that didn't happen. Black America needs to be independent, and vote on issues that actually help us, as opposed to identity politics that don't do ? .

I just give no ? about illegals, when black communities lack resources. Why cna't they stay and fix their own country? I mean Mexico is a HUGE place next to America, with ports, and a favorable climate. Why the ? are they poor? And why should America take care of them? Once they get amnesty, the Dems will treat us like Asians, and that's not even a joke.

Lmao why is Mexico poor? This is why we are ? now. Because the majority of people think like this and are convinced it's a good way of thinking.

Do better
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Make America great again aka take it back to the 1950's when ? knew their place. They love talking that forefathers ? but didn't the forefathers come up with the emancipation proclamation? Exactly.

No. Lincoln technically wouldn't be considered a forefather since most of the forefathers are considered to be a founding fathers and that's 100 years out from Lincoln. On top of that depending on where you lived in the South the proclamation was wholeheartedly rejected by the CSA as well as all the amendments that were ratified during the War.

If only Lincoln didn't die and excited and exiled the leaders of the CSA as he planned sigh.
  • skpjr78
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

I hope it's Stacey Dash.

It's already happened bruh. Smmfh
    https://youtu.be/kjvRXGjAnFM

• skpjr78
    Options
    The official ? the illegals but Im not willing to ? myself in order to ? them post.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont worry I will call the wah-mbulance...
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is nothing new to me most of those conservative Republicans would rather see us still working in fields as slaves, but most of them especially the politicians are smart enough to mask their disdain for Blacks and Hispanic immigrants with lightly disguised propaganda with subtle racial undertones.

They don't like minorities, women who support abortions, homosexuals, people living in poverty, immigrants of any kind, people who don't share a Christian faith, etc.

I really don't see who that party appeals to other than heterosexual Christian White males.

Trump is so popular, because he says what they are thinking problem is that most of his base is working class poor and lower middle class Whites which Donald Trump does not give a damn about, and they'll see that given the off chance he's elected to the executive branch.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    but most of them especially the politicians are smart enough to mask their disdain for Blacks and Hispanic immigrants with lightly disguised propaganda with subtle racial undertones.

Ha. Not Trump tho. Voter registration folk already saying Latinos lining up around corners. They need like 30%+ to have a shot at the white house, Romney got around 22% and Trump on track for about 10%......people gonna look back at Dubya winning 40% of Latinos like ? look at old pix of Amy Winehouse....."wtf how did that happen"
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Propaganda at it's finest. This is the same ? the establishment tried to do with Ron Paul. Any anti-establishment candidate will attract the redneck/racist saltines, but that doesn't take away from the message though. I still say ? illegals who are hurting our communities, ? Nafta/TPP which has gutted the Black middle-class and sent jobs overseas, ? bringing in refugees, and yes to burning the political establishment down.

What this man says is facts
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    but most of them especially the politicians are smart enough to mask their disdain for Blacks and Hispanic immigrants with lightly disguised propaganda with subtle racial undertones.

Ha. Not Trump tho. Voter registration folk already saying Latinos lining up around corners. They need like 30%+ to have a shot at the white house, Romney got around 22% and Trump on track for about 10%......people gonna look back at Dubya winning 40% of Latinos like ? look at old pix of Amy Winehouse....."wtf how did that happen"

I have no idea wtf Hispanics were thinking voting for G. W. Bush, Romney, or Trump at those rates.

As for Trump he really doesn't give a damn it seems like all publicity positive or negative is good publicity for him.