So Ya'll Remember Those Teens Arrested For That Gang ? in Brooklyn? Charges Dropped

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
Prosecutors have dismissed ? charges against five Brooklyn teenagers accused of ? an 18-year-old woman last month at gunpoint after chasing off her father at a playground in Brownsville, officials said.

Not only did the woman recant her sexual assault allegations, but she told investigators there really was no gun, said Brooklyn DA Ken Thompson.

And to make matters much, much worse , she was actually having sex with her own father, Thompson said.

TWO BROOKLYN GANG ? SUSPECTS SILENT AFTER COURT HEARING

“The complainant, as well as her father, provided multiple inconsistent accounts to NYPD Detectives and to experienced Special Victims prosecutors about important material facts in this case,” Thompson said in a statement.

“The complainant has recanted her allegations of forcible sexual assault and the existence of a gun, and she does not wish to pursue criminal charges against any of the defendants. She also refuses to cooperate with any prosecution against her father, who was engaging in sexual conduct with her.”

Ethan Phillip (l.) and Shaquell Cooper, two of five teens accused in Brooklyn ? , had charges cleared.
Thompson said the woman has refused to cooperate with any prosecution against her father..

The alleged attack outraged community leaders after police shared news of the Jan. 9 incident.

According to early accounts, the teens took turns ? the woman in Brownsville’s Osborn Playground after using a gun to chase off her father near the park’s handball courts.

“Get the f--- out of here,” he barked at the dad, according to initial accounts.

Travis Beckford was also cleared of ? charges after woman and father gave several inconsistent accounts to police. Onandi Brown and Denzel Murray were also cleared. FACEBOOK
Travis Beckford was also cleared of ? charges after woman and father gave several inconsistent accounts to police. Onandi Brown and Denzel Murray were also cleared.
The “victim’s” father ran from the playground to get help, officials said at the time. When he returned a short time later with two uniformed officers, the supposed suspects scattered.

The dad supposedly went into a bodega to call 911, but was turned away by a store clerk.

Days later, cops arrested Denzel Murray, 14; Shaquell Cooper, 15; Ethan Phillip, 15; Onandi Brown, 17 and Travis Beckford, 17

But the teen suspects claimed the father was having sexual intercourse with the daughter when they first spotted the two, and two defendants told police the sex they had with the teen was consensual, sources told the Daily News at the time.

The father and daughter failed to identify any of the first four suspects from a police lineup .

"We are thankful to the District Attorney's office for the thoughtful and prudent time they took to fully investigate this case,” said Murray’s attorney, Ken Montgomery.

“They did what the NYPD, City Hall and so-called community leaders didn't do, they didn't judge these young men, and investigated what actually happened.

“ Now separate from the charges being dismissed there is a lesson to be learned. It is unhealthy to have sexual relations in parks even if it's consensual. We don't want our young men to grow up thinking this is okay, because it's not."

At the time, elected officials and community leaders criticized officials for waiting so long to notify them about the alleged attack.

“The community needs to be notified immediately when we have such a savage attack with a handgun and a ? ,” Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams said at the time.

He also said it wouldn’t have taken that long to generate headlines if the attack had occurred on the Upper East Side.

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/charges-dropped-5-accused-brooklyn-gang-? -article-1.2543019?utm_content=buffer865d1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Comments

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody up the old thread
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was never confirmed the father and daughter was doing that... it was just what the boys said...
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was never confirmed the father and daughter was doing that... it was just what the boys said...

I believe that ? considering they didn't identify any of them in the lineup, they also lied about the gun, but mainly because the father didn't die fighting those MFs.

To each his own, but you'd have to ? me.

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This story will ? from the start because what kind of man is going to run away and let his daughter get gang banged???
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

I believe that ? considering they didn't identify any of them in the lineup, they also lied about the gun, but mainly because the father didn't die fighting those MFs.

and the time of the incident..
    it was asked in the other thread "? was they doin at that park at that time of night!?"
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What in the ? ... that KG gif is apropos

They both need to be kicked in a hole shot in the head an buried alive.. smh at this fuckery...FUCKERY

and those 5 idiots deserve a kick in the ass too.. this is insanity
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    the father was having sexual intercourse with the daughter when they first spotted the two, and two defendants told police the sex they had with the teen was consensual, sources told the Daily News at the time.

The father and daughter failed to identify any of the first four suspects from a police lineup .
    wtf-garnett.gif
    DonFaints.gif

1160.gif

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So they got caught ? ', the dad ran off, the guys either thought they'd stopped a ? or recognised the dude runnin' as the father.
    Girl panics, tries to use her Get Outta Jail Free card.

Dudes get hit with that charge.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That was the first thing I thought.... Four ? run up on me and a side chick ? , with a gun and the intention of ? her, Ima have a hard enough time running away based off my own pride. But my daughter ?!?!?!?!?

Nah son I will go through seven different levels of hell before I willingly let any amount of ? ? my daughter
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    So they got caught ? ', the dad ran off, the guys either thought they'd stopped a ? or recognised the dude runnin' as the father.

Nah they smashed too. They were saying the sex was consensual
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah they smashed too. They were saying the sex was consensual

Lol ? . Always the opportunists
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

why would you ? a chick who JUST got through ? her dad out side in a park... IN NEW YORK? that is the most confusing part.. that's why it's hard for me to believe they were ? .. is there any New York cats on here I'm sure they can get more details on the ? ...
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The one's that got away.....

Glad to get an update on this and see this story elaborated on more. I didn't know what to think of when it was told that the father just ran off and left his daughter behind like that. That was a red flag right there.....

Prosecutors have dismissed ? charges against five Brooklyn teenagers accused of ? an 18-year-old woman last month at gunpoint after chasing off her father at a playground in Brownsville, officials said.

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where was/is the mother in all of this?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think they lying bout being related. Think father really her client
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is her name withheld but the 14 yr olds is broadcasted
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to tell you nignogs early on that this reminded me a lot of the Central Park situation back in the 80's.

? weren't trying to hear it back then, but uhm...........

stephen-colbert-told-you-so.gif

tomlinumadbroface.gif

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options